M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion M8 Competition performance build has started - lofty 1200+ WHP goal

03-22-2024, 05:41 PM   #111
ONE_slow_m5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 f90 m5

what a nice project . can't wait too see it come together.

How are you controlling the port injection system ?
      03-22-2024, 07:01 PM   #112
bbradyc5
BMW Noob
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE_slow_m5 View Post
what a nice project . can't wait too see it come together.

How are you controlling the port injection system ?
Motive Reflex will be running port injection side.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 05:03 PM   #113
bbradyc5
BMW Noob
Rep

Well first couple sets of manifolds are finally here! They look pretty sexy 😎
Manifolds will get welded up and fuel rails fabricated while we are waiting on fab stuff, rear brakes and turbo housings to come back from powder coating. One set of manifolds is for my build and the other set will be a master set complete with fuel rails, injectors and all hardware so we have a record of exactly what’s all part of the “kit”. Assuming all goes well, at some point I will sell it. There is a vendor who is interested in bringing this to the market so we’ll see where that goes. Drive shaft and axles are installed. Shouldn’t be too long now before everything can go back together. Great update on the tuning side, car will be trailered down south once completed to a well known vendor who has agreed to take on the DI/port injection tuning work this project will require so stay tuned for more on that.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Tenac4551.50
KB7120.00
      05-01-2024, 05:42 PM   #114
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Wow those are looking sexy, love the undercarriage work as well. If you are serious in selling a "kit" I am a serious potential customer. I've already lost track of what work you did in the transmission and diffs at this point but I know the diffs will end up being a problem if you are peaking near that 1400hp mark. The best part of all this is watching you get this all together and then we wait to see what you break first and what the solution is.... That is a big part of being the first to venture in any platform hahaha.

Question when this is complete, would one shop be able to handle the full build? I have no worries about shipping out a ride to get done BUT I get nervous bc of my past about one shop shipping to another than back. lol I'd rather pay to have techs fly and work out of one shop.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2024, 05:56 PM   #115
bbradyc5
BMW Noob
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenac View Post
Wow those are looking sexy, love the undercarriage work as well. If you are serious in selling a "kit" I am a serious potential customer. I've already lost track of what work you did in the transmission and diffs at this point but I know the diffs will end up being a problem if you are peaking near that 1400hp mark. The best part of all this is watching you get this all together and then we wait to see what you break first and what the solution is.... That is a big part of being the first to venture in any platform hahaha.

Question when this is complete, would one shop be able to handle the full build? I have no worries about shipping out a ride to get done BUT I get nervous bc of my past about one shop shipping to another than back. lol I'd rather pay to have techs fly and work out of one shop.
Oh i fully expect to break shit 🤣 That’s just part of the game when you are one of a few pushing new limits. Transmission and transfer case are both built by Pure Drivetrain Solutions and should be pretty solid. Factory rear diff is definitely an unknown and unfortunately they are sealed units but fortunately they are pretty cheap so it may just be a spare on hand situation for track days 🤷🏻‍♂️

As far as having a single shop complete the build, I’m sure there are multiple shops across the country that could do it all in house. Hopefully my project will make anyone else going down this path have a much easier road via my lessons learned and/or parts available to purchase vs custom everything.

If vendor ends up not wanting to pursue bringing the port injection manifolds to market, I will likely end up trying to set up a group buy as the only way to get the cost to not be a “what the fuck are these things made out of, solid gold?” price is to get enough orders to place at once.
Appreciate 3
Tenac4551.50
KB7120.00
      Yesterday, 11:06 PM   #116
Dasky_spas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw

What's the weight savings on the carbon drive shaft?
Appreciate 0