M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Boost dropping at high RPM's (LPFP Upgrade?)

11-28-2023, 09:19 AM   #1
HelloM8s
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C, 20 F-150 Limited

Boost dropping at high RPM's (LPFP Upgrade?)

I purchased a used 2022 BMW GC Comp with quite a bit of miles. 41k

Car is fully stock and I installed a JB4 and logged on map 0 (stock) and noticed that the car drops boost from 6300-6900RPM from 20psi to 15-16 psi.

It is most noticeable on 4th and 5th gear.

I tried Map 2 (93+) which commands an extra 4psi and same thing, at high RPM's the DME pulls boost and all of 5th gear is at 17-18psi VS the 23-24 from 1-3rd gear.

I was told to try a different gas station and same thing. Even mixed 3 gallons of E85 for an E20 blend and same issue.

Could it possibly be a failing Low Pressure fuel pump? I have seen other post where others had their cars low in power (Dragy confirmed) and getting their LPFP replaced helped.

I took it in for warranty and dealer denied a replacement as it tested "good" on their scanner. But the scanner does not test when the engine is at peak load.

Can any LPFP be dropped in with slight modifications? Example a DW400 but obviously wiring it as needed.
Appreciate 0