M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Please guide me to a BMW M850i tune talk page

02-05-2022, 04:24 PM   #1
Draxxas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850i

Please guide me to a BMW M850i tune talk page

I've had my 2019 850i a few months now. Would like to at least read about the people that have done flash tunes and their real gains and any issues with the car after the fact. Had race chip but not enough difference to keep it.
I know it voids or could void engine drivetrain warranty but does this car really have issues that it should really stop me from a tune? Right now leaning hard on heading to Performance Eurowerks outside of Chicago. 3.5 hours from me. So far impressed with their detailed responses. 93 tune adds 95-110 whp and with E30 can make another 65-75 whp on top. Stock tune and other 2 are easily swapped with your phone. Another 165 whp would come in handy with passing Hellcats 🤷*♂️😁
So is there a part of this forum or another that I could read experiences? Doesn't seem to have much on this particular page.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2022, 05:26 PM   #2
Draxxas
Private First Class
Rep

Appreciate All the help ��*♂️����
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2022, 02:43 PM   #3
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxxas View Post
Appreciate All the help ��*♂️����
It's rare because the 2020-2023 ECU are locked. So there is only a few of us with the 2019 that can even be flashed tuned.
Mine was unlocked until I did the bmw OEM software update; and then I lost my exhaust sounds and locked my ECU.

I switched and got a Racechip GTS black for both my m850i and my x5. I love it; but it's not as powerful as the full ECU flash tune.

Any questions, just ask me.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 07:31 AM   #4
Draxxas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
It's rare because the 2020-2023 ECU are locked. So there is only a few of us with the 2019 that can even be flashed tuned.
Mine was unlocked until I did the bmw OEM software update; and then I lost my exhaust sounds and locked my ECU.

I switched and got a Racechip GTS black for both my m850i and my x5. I love it; but it's not as powerful as the full ECU flash tune.

Very much appreciate the information. Now it makes sense why no one responded. I had the racechip but returned it. Felt a little better but I never verified with the draggy a full 1/4 run or 60-130 time. 0-60 pretty much the same but I know it's after 60 where it would help. Heading to Eurowerks by Chicago end of March to let them flash. Will have a 93 tune and also an E30 tune.
Is there a page or forum that people with this model that show what they have done? I can't find anything out there.
Again thank you
Appreciate 1
      02-17-2022, 09:05 AM   #5
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Very much appreciate the information. Now it makes sense why no one responded. I had the racechip but returned it. Felt a little better but I never verified with the draggy a full 1/4 run or 60-130 time. 0-60 pretty much the same but I know it's after 60 where it would help. Heading to Eurowerks by Chicago end of March to let them flash. Will have a 93 tune and also an E30 tune.
Is there a page or forum that people with this model that show what they have done? I can't find anything out there.
Again thank you
Yeah, no problem. Your best bet is to hop over to the m5 forum. It's a similar engine and most of the "mod" guys are more active in the m5 category.

There isn't a dedicated racing or modified page that I'm aware of anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 07:56 PM   #6
Draxxas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, no problem. Your best bet is to hop over to the m5 forum. It's a similar engine and most of the "mod" guys are more active in the m5 category.

I blew out a front tire on a pothole yesterday. Decided to order all season and 1 size bigger on all . 285s and 255s.
Fronts come I tomorrow , rear Thursday. Situation: car is in garage and I took 1 wheel to tire company to have them put one on so I could drive it. I'll pick wheel up tomorrow. Is there any reason I can't drive the car a few Miles (10ish)with the 245 on one side And 255 on the other with this xdrive system? Obviously a slight difference in diameter. I drove about 3 miles on a completely flat tire with no issues so guessing this would be no big deal??
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2022, 10:02 PM   #7
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I blew out a front tire on a pothole yesterday. Decided to order all season and 1 size bigger on all . 285s and 255s.
Fronts come I tomorrow , rear Thursday. Situation: car is in garage and I took 1 wheel to tire company to have them put one on so I could drive it. I'll pick wheel up tomorrow. Is there any reason I can't drive the car a few Miles (10ish)with the 245 on one side And 255 on the other with this xdrive system? Obviously a slight difference in diameter. I drove about 3 miles on a completely flat tire with no issues so guessing this would be no big deal??
Not recommend; but I can't see less than 10 miles making any big deal.
Appreciate 0