M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Euro Tail lights

01-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #1
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Euro Tail lights

Looking to move to Europe at some point in the future and would like to take my m850i with me. I see EuroActiveParts has the EU tail lights to replace my NA ones for the required amber turn signal. I emailed him but no answer yet. Any ideas about what to code or if wiring is required? I've done the same eu tail lights on a 2017 Audi A4 and it was reasonably painless with VCP coding, minimal wiring for the rear fog and repinning if the connectors, but the instructions were included. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
      01-11-2020, 09:05 PM   #2
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMofoFrog View Post
Looking to move to Europe at some point in the future and would like to take my m850i with me. I see EuroActiveParts has the EU tail lights to replace my NA ones for the required amber turn signal. I emailed him but no answer yet. Any ideas about what to code or if wiring is required? I've done the same eu tail lights on a 2017 Audi A4 and it was reasonably painless with VCP coding, minimal wiring for the rear fog and repinning if the connectors, but the instructions were included. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it works that way. US cars won't meet most EU emission and safety standards. Hence the reason we get the 610hp M760 and Europe gets the neutered 585hp version.
      01-12-2020, 09:09 AM   #3
BigMofoFrog
Private First Class
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMofoFrog View Post

Thanks.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it works that way. US cars won't meet most EU emission and safety standards. Hence the reason we get the 610hp M760 and Europe gets the neutered 585hp version.
Thanks for your reply about importing. There only a few differences for our cars, the power figures are the same for NA and EU versions. It needs to pass emissions testing in Czech and the tail lights are with amber turn signals, and I'm looking to see what other differences there may be. But so far, nothing that can't be overcome. You can import a vehicle as part of your personal effects. It would be different if I was importing a new car however. Regardless of wanting to import it, I would like to add the euro tail lights.

That being said, I'm asking about the tail light swap and any experience anyone may have.