M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Did It. New 2020 m8 Comp

12-29-2019, 10:00 PM   #45
desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Doing a quick search on autotrader (which I'm sure includes some inbound inventory as well as what's on the floor), there are over 650 M8s out there.

That's a lot of inventory.
Appreciate 1
mgod483.50
      12-29-2019, 10:47 PM   #46
Bogey4me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F85, G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
We're talking about 20 M8's not M850's. The M8' JUST came out, 17%+ $3k is simply nonsense at this time and misleading.
It's not nonsense or misleading. On a $120k MSRP car, it is selling for 97k or so (granted, not all dealerships are aggressively trying to sell the 850). That same car is 77k wholesale the next year (2019 version today). Where is the confusion with this? Pretty simple. The hype was last year. Not so "new" this year so a higher discount this year. They couldn't even sell it for full price (or even invoice) last year!!

The next few years will only be worse. Wait until year 5 when these will be discontinued (yes, they already announced that these are going to be discontinued). These will be 30k off sticker. Residuals will be 40% after 3 years. Don't believe me, just look at the 6 series, which was actually a wonderful car with a timeless design (unlike the 8).
Why are we talking about M850i and M8s like they are the same for dealers. Dealers can order as many M850i as they would like. They are limited to the number of M8s they can order. M850i will have a bigger discount than an M8.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 01:53 PM   #47
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC-1 View Post
We're talking about 20 M8's not M850's. The M8' JUST came out, 17%+ $3k is simply nonsense at this time and misleading.
I can confirm $26k off without loyalty at buy rate...

The reason is simple. Even in major metro areas, none of these M8's have moved in months and dealers are desperate to unload these cars and get them off the floor where they sat from day one.

Doesn't mean they are not great cars but priced well above of what people are willing to pay over an M5, etc.
Appreciate 1
Al Pinã1838.50
      12-30-2019, 07:16 PM   #48
Ehloo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 x5 m

It’s also end of the year. But everyone needs to remember, 20 percent off is possible but not common. Dealers would lose a decent amount of money selling at these discounts

Being 2020’s dealers don’t have to get desperate yet. These cars barely hit the lots Beginning Nov and have not been sitting that long

There is not a lot of buyers that can afford a sticker at this or even a m5 sticker. They have to wait for the right buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
I can confirm $26k off without loyalty at buy rate...

The reason is simple. Even in major metro areas, none of these M8's have moved in months and dealers are desperate to unload these cars and get them off the floor where they sat from day one.

Doesn't mean they are not great cars but priced well above of what people are willing to pay over an M5, etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 07:33 PM   #49
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
It’s also end of the year. But everyone needs to remember, 20 percent off is possible but not common. Dealers would lose a decent amount of money selling at these discounts

Being 2020’s dealers don’t have to get desperate yet. These cars barely hit the lots Beginning Nov and have not been sitting that long

There is not a lot of buyers that can afford a sticker at this or even a m5 sticker. They have to wait for the right buyer
We just got one today Pickup tomorrow if the weather is right.
Just had 4 inches of snow today
Appreciate 1
mgod483.50
      12-31-2019, 06:15 PM   #50
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

Congrats and welcome to the club. Tell us more about the beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
We just got one today Pickup tomorrow if the weather is right.
Just had 4 inches of snow today
Appreciate 1
Wolfman64811.50
      01-02-2020, 10:48 PM   #51
_Mbition
Private First Class
Nigeria
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Lol at RJC. I get where you're coming from bro, but these deals were obviously regional as the OP and other people had stated.
BMW only really recognizes certain places/centers based on sales numbers, inventory, and number of clients they can flip out of something fairly old (2-2.5 yrs old) into new cars.
Some buyers don't wanna go back n forth about with who and how they got the car, bottom line is they got it.
And yes weirdly enough, these deals existed last month. HEAVILY.
I currently work at a dealer in NY (I'm not in sales so I can't give you precise numbers), that had 8 M8's put into inventory at the end of October, and sat on them till December, where BMW eventually threw crazy money on get them out the door.
We ended up selling pretty much every coupe but one in a few weeks, and still have 3 convertibles left.
People were snagging them at anywhere from 15 - 18k total discounted price out the door, with loyalty, conquest, and a whole ton of other HEA incentives.
One guy we had who came in had already bought a coupe in New Jersey for himself (we didn't have a White on Sakhir with Bowers), and then bought another coupe for his wife from us, (Brands Hatch Gray on Sakhir), both non-Comps, that's when I knew something was going on.
2 M8's for Xmas. Just like that.
We now have a slew of F8x, an F90, and M850 trades as well, because the deals ate up most of their negative equity.
It's not a matter of arguing how "impossible" a deal is on certain cars, just do the research based on the info given.
That's all.

Last edited by _Mbition; 01-03-2020 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: sleepy typos...
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2020, 08:16 AM   #52
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

I know they are giving large discounts on the HEA cars, mainly the black sapphire with tartufo/white interior which all 5 dealerships in my area have one. Its not a bad car at all but the interior does not go with the exterior. These cars have an extra $5000 HEA money given to the dealer, plus MSRP of $160k or so means around $11000 in margin so giving $16000 plus say loyalty of $3000 means at $190000 off dealer is still making back end money. In some metro markets that money is $5000 or more (I heard $10000 in large markets) so its possible to get more depending on where you live. Again getting anywhere near $19k off means the dealer is most likely selling at cost or close to. more than that means a loss. If you are not picky and can find one you can live with yes you will get a crazy deal. For me spending $2000 vs $2300 (before tax) on a M8 that isn't the color and options that I want didn't make sense.

I ended up getting $7500 off MSRP, plus $3000 loyalty, plus I had dealership loyalty points which amounted to another $5000 off (used to pay up fronts, wheel and tire, etc.) and getting the exact car I wanted. There was no $5000 HEA money and our market (metro Detroit) does not have additional money on this car. I am paying the base MF, no mark ups no additional hidden fees. I could beat up my dealer for another $2000 off and leave them selling a special order car at cost but remember this all comes back at some point. When there is an issue with lease turn in or service that is not covered my dealer always takes care of me. When I want a new model and get the very first allocation that matters as well. Just remember all of this when negotiating on a new car. This is my 11th car from this dealership personally, the 20th from my family and we have a good and honest relationship.

Noushy
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 1
_Mbition105.50
      01-03-2020, 08:57 AM   #53
AW2015M3
BMWaddict4life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Mbition View Post
Lol at RJC. I get where you're coming from bro, but these deals were obviously regional as the OP and other people had stated.
BMW only really recognizes certain places/centers based on sales numbers, inventory, and number of clients they can flip out of something fairly old (2-2.5 yrs old) into new cars.
Some buyers don't wanna go back n forth about with who and how they got the car, bottom line is they got it.
I currently work at a dealer in NY (I'm not in sales so I can't give you precise numbers), that had 8 M8's put into inventory at the end of October, and sat on them till December, where BMW eventually threw crazy money on get them out the door.
We ended up selling pretty much every coupe but one in a few weeks, and still have 3 convertibles left.
People were snagging them at anywhere from 15 - 18k total discounted price out the door, with loyalty, conquest, and a whole ton of other HEA incentives.
One guy we had who came in had already bought a coupe in New Jersey for himself (we didn't have a White on Sakhir with Bowers), and then bought another coupe for his wife from us, (Brands Hatch Gray on Sakhir), both non-Comps, that's when I knew something was going on.
We now have a slew of F8x, an F90, and M850 trades as well, because the deals ate up most of their negative equity.
It's not a matter of arguing how "impossible" a deal is on certain cars, just do the research based on the info given.
That's all.
Which dealership is this?
Appreciate 1
_Mbition105.50
      01-03-2020, 02:58 PM   #54
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

Ditto- lol RJC

Quote:
That's all.
Appreciate 1
_Mbition105.50
      01-03-2020, 09:08 PM   #55
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

Everyone saying impossible isn't trying hard or talking to the right people.

30 days ago I got 22% off + rebates for a 850i coupe at buyrate. The lease was coming to 1k w minimum drive off. I was ready to sign the paper until I drove it and thought the rear seats were useless and the car was extremely boring.

I member think the m8 is in a world of trouble, and the prices are too high there's no market. I have no doubt that 17%+ is possible now. In 6 months 20-25%. They're just too expensive there's no market!
Appreciate 1
_Mbition105.50
      01-03-2020, 09:44 PM   #56
_Mbition
Private First Class
Nigeria
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW2015M3 View Post
Which dealership is this?
Freeport. The dream is over now though, everything jumped right back up to regular pricing as of today. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehloo View Post
Ditto- lol RJC
LOL no worries, he's a good guy, very stern on his stance but he meant no harm or disrespect.
      01-03-2020, 11:45 PM   #57
Ehloo
Captain
Rep

Of course there is no harm but you have to keep your mind open. Like many said what’s the point of making something up. I gave potential buyers a reason consider a m8 that they might of thought was not possible

It’s a lot of car for what you get on heavy discount

Quote:
Freeport. The dream is over now though, everything jumped right back up to regular pricing as of today. LOL.

LOL no worries, he's a good guy, very stern on his stance but he meant no harm or disrespect.
Appreciate 1
_Mbition105.50
      01-04-2020, 08:39 AM   #58
AW2015M3
BMWaddict4life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:

games people play
Appreciate 0