M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion 8 series owners post your pics got damnit!!!

08-09-2019, 10:40 AM   #45
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M850i, '18 X6M, '16 M4

Love this community! Honestly if my dad never got me into the 'BMW fanboy' wave then this app would've persuaded me to buy a BMW alone! You People are amazing and its so cool to see how large this community really is.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2019, 10:45 AM   #46
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Anyone doing PPF on their 8 series?
Let me be the one to drop the first sob photo in this thread & also be the first to tell people to PROTECT YOUR CAR AT ALL COSTS.

Was driving back from playing basketball one day where there is one lane going and an opposite lane coming, I seen a huge semi truck coming right across & right when I passed him a whole bunch of dust flew up in the air making me turn into the nearest neighborhood. Got out of my car, seen there was particles and Little Rock's all over the front, majority came off but this will go down as the worlds LARGEST rock chip EVER. and it wasn't even from a car the was driving in front of me the same way I was driving (kicking rocks off of its tire).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 10:51 AM   #47
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarjejeega View Post
Quote:
Let me be the one to drop the first sob photo in this thread & also be the first to tell people to PROTECT YOUR CAR AT ALL COSTS.

Was driving back from playing basketball one day where there is one lane going and an opposite lane coming, I seen a huge semi truck coming right across & right when I passed him a whole bunch of dust flew up in the air making me turn into the nearest neighborhood. Got out of my car, seen there was particles and Little Rock's all over the front, majority came off but this will go down as the worlds LARGEST rock chip EVER. and it wasn't even from a car the was driving in front of me the same way I was driving (kicking rocks off of its tire).
Sorry to hear about that. I agree PPF is a must. It gives you peace of mind. Do you have a good shop to repair that damage?

Sucks really because in Florida I see trucks driving on the highway with gravel in the back all the time without anything covering it. And even if something is covering it, the wind makes it flap so its not sufficient to stop stones from flying out.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #48
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sorry to hear about that. I agree PPF is a must. It gives you peace of mind. Do you have a good shop to repair that damage?

Sucks really because in Florida I see trucks driving on the highway with gravel in the back all the time without anything covering it. And even if something is covering it, the wind makes it flap so its not sufficient to stop stones from flying out.
I talked to my guy from BMW and he suggested I take it in for 'touch up paint'?? He said I can bring it in and they'll quote me a price. Probably gonna be something absurd. Then he said at the very least if I don't plan on protecting the whole car, surely do the front bumper, hood & mirros. Would rather take it to a shop but I have some trust issues when it comes to things like this. And agreed! Your car is bound to get hit with chips overtime no matter what happens so it's best to spend the $1,500 or whatever it is to protect a few parts of the car. Will save you stress and even money down the line.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2019, 11:37 AM   #49
DVR
Rep
Drives: BMW 840i , Porsche 911 turbo

Ok, I'll play. Got it this week and here a picture the day I brought it home.
The most impressive car I ever owned. It is Aston + Bentley + technology and build quality all in one car.
It is simply stunning. I almost feel gratitude towards BMW to offer something like this for the 'common' man who worked hard in life.
Hope you get what I mean, always loved the uber expensive coupe's and this car feels to me as special for 1/3 of the price.

Appreciate 6
      08-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #50
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I talked to my guy from BMW and he suggested I take it in for 'touch up paint'?? He said I can bring it in and they'll quote me a price. Probably gonna be something absurd. Then he said at the very least if I don't plan on protecting the whole car, surely do the front bumper, hood & mirros. Would rather take it to a shop but I have some trust issues when it comes to things like this. And agreed! Your car is bound to get hit with chips overtime no matter what happens so it's best to spend the $1,500 or whatever it is to protect a few parts of the car. Will save you stress and even money down the line.
No offense to dealerships but they really do not understand enough about detailing and touching up. Even if they do, since it's such a "fast pace", "move on to the next customer" type of business, they really don't have the dedication even the time to do this type of job effectively to the quality that you want.

I would most certainly have a local detailing shop with great reviews fix the chips, and to install the PPF. I would NOT let the dealership install it. Again no disrespect to dealerships but it's just how they are run.

Try to vet a good shop and stop by unannounced to see how they operate on their cars. If you do not have a discerning eye, take a friend with you that does because those chips need to be done properly. It'll never be perfect unless you paint the entire section, but they need to not take shortcuts.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 1
      08-09-2019, 02:15 PM   #51
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVR View Post
The most impressive car I ever owned. It is Aston + Bentley + technology and build quality all in one car.
It is simply stunning. I almost feel gratitude towards BMW to offer something like this for the 'common' man who worked hard in life.
Hope you get what I mean, always loved the uber expensive coupe's and this car feels to me as special for 1/3 of the price.

I can feel your excitement. Enjoy it and post more pictures when you can. Looks great

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 04:22 PM   #52
Tejael
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 328i

Garage List
2022 BMW M850i  [0.00]
Quote:

Absolutely beautiful
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 09:04 PM   #53
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:

DVR - congratulations. I agree with your comments and love getting into my 8 every day. Your garage is OCD clean! Enjoy your baby.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 09:15 PM   #54
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

edwarjejeega that is heart breaking. While inevitably you get chips its always great if you can avoid them until the car is at least a year old. Agree with phoenixbmwlife on the dealer and for my last repair on my 6GC I used an authorised BMW repair centre. I actually turned up and asked who was the biggest perfectionist in the shop spoke to him and he did a great job. I am sure they will suggest you remove and re-spray the entire lower front bumper section to make it showroom.
Appreciate 2
      08-09-2019, 10:07 PM   #55
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie8 View Post
Quote:

edwarjejeega that is heart breaking. While inevitably you get chips its always great if you can avoid them until the car is at least a year old. Agree with phoenixbmwlife on the dealer and for my last repair on my 6GC I used an authorised BMW repair centre. I actually turned up and asked who was the biggest perfectionist in the shop spoke to him and he did a great job. I am sure they will suggest you remove and re-spray the entire lower front bumper section to make it showroom.
Exaclty what they did! Greedy boys just want $$ haha and I was heartbroken when I seen the chip
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2019, 11:24 PM   #56
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Ran into my brother tonight
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Ozzie8641.00
M 4EVER191.00
      08-09-2019, 11:38 PM   #57
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Squad goals

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 11:39 PM   #58
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Squad goals
My man!!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2019, 11:41 PM   #59
edwarjejeega
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Couldn't of said it any better! Look wise is on par with a lot of exotic looking tings as well congrats on the beauty and enjoy it with great health
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 02:10 PM   #60
flyboy_1989
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 Bmw M4

my 2019 M850. I love this car.

IMG_4688 by Peter Ellison, on Flickr

IMG_4690 by Peter Ellison, on Flickr

Last edited by flyboy_1989; 08-18-2019 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 4
      08-11-2019, 09:29 PM   #61
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Congratulations! A beauty.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 08:01 AM   #62
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy_1989 View Post
my 2019 M850. I love this car.

Very nice!

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 05:33 AM   #63
HMN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5MC LCI, 2017 F86 X6M

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Ouch......

Quote:

2017 F86 X6M - Donington Grey
2024 F95 X5M Comp LCI - Isle of Man Green
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2019, 09:11 AM   #64
WheelsBoutique
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

BMW M850i on ANRKY AN38

Appreciate 5
jjasonSU194.00
Ozzie8641.00
M 4EVER191.00
JustChris17427.50
      08-15-2019, 12:14 PM   #65
GKW
Private
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i, 22 Alpina B8

color conversion

picked it up yesterday. very pleased.
Attached Images

Appreciate 10
Dawko191.00
DVR63.00
M 4EVER191.00
am3r1ka1413.00
GuyOh1064.00
JustChris17427.50
jjasonSU194.00
      08-15-2019, 12:44 PM   #66
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Congrats! That's a very nice individual frozen color green. What is that?

Follow me on Insta

Appreciate 1