M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board My local gun store is swamped

03-29-2020, 06:43 PM   #199
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
This is Carlos, a Lab, Weimer, Pitbull mix. Notice the nice jaw, & the muscles upside his head where the brain is supposed to be. A gorgeous dog, we called him, "Carlos the Bod".
Carlos walked many a bad block with Littlebear & me. Sometimes we would have a third dog, a Rhodesian Ridgeback!
Can you say, "No probs!".

Murf
I had a friend with a Rhodesian Ridgeback in upstate Vermont back in the 80s. Dog was very friendly but Shazam it had high maintenance requirements. And it played rough which scared some people. He liked my siberian. I mean liked. He was a he and my siberian was a she. Hmmmm. He never did catch her in heat though.
Appreciate 1
Littlebear3508.50
      03-30-2020, 05:32 AM   #200
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

A friend packs three Ridgies into his Brklyn apartment.
All three Ridgies used to give Onslow the "Bum's Rush", but he is cool with them now.

Murf
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 05:36 AM   #201
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

Carlos Santana ("Carlos the Bod")
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 08:08 AM   #202
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmr View Post
But that's not what you originally said :-)
Doesn't matter what he originally said; the point he is trying to make is that the likelihood of someone with a legally owned full-auto firearm committing a crime is the equivalent of someone committing jihad in their fully insured and properly registered Ferrari Enzo...it ain't gonna happen.

Don't understand why some choose to value semantics over common sense when trying to (poorly) argue their agenda...
Appreciate 1
Nuckle2186.00
      03-30-2020, 08:26 AM   #203
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Doesn't matter what he originally said; the point he is trying to make is that the likelihood of someone with a legally owned full-auto firearm committing a crime is the equivalent of someone committing jihad in their fully insured and properly registered Ferrari Enzo...it ain't gonna happen.

Don't understand why some choose to value semantics over common sense when trying to (poorly) argue their agenda...

Well, he originally said something along the lines of it being impossible for a member of the general public to own a fully automatic weapon...
and then came back to say.... well not without spending a lot of money.

I replied with an answer with a smiley face....

Now to your post. You say the point he was trying to make was.... the likelihood of someone with a legally owned .....
let's see if Diesel will come on/in and say what point he was trying to get across. Because I didn't get your interpretation of his point in his posts.

Last edited by andrewmr; 03-30-2020 at 08:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2020, 08:38 AM   #204
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Seems like a lot of confusion about how and how much real fully automatic weapons can legally be purchased. Just a quick primer:

1) Yes you can if your state hasn't banned them. The Feds have a list of registered full auto guns grandfathered into the system that are transferable between members of the public. No license required. Pass the background test and pay the tax stamp and your in.

2) Costs varies. Cheapest things now seem to be Mac10s at about $7-8K. An M16 variant (including other brands and conversions) start at around $18K. And MP5 around $30K.

And of course, if you own one the feeding of it can be expensive.

Owning one includes having a full FBI background check. All of the above is also true to own a suppressor (silencer) or short barrel rifle.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2020, 08:39 AM   #205
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebear View Post
A friend packs three Ridgies into his Brklyn apartment.
All three Ridgies used to give Onslow the "Bum's Rush", but he is cool with them now.

Murf
I hope that was large apartment.
Appreciate 0