M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Bmw Service

03-20-2020, 02:46 PM   #1
Coops395
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 840d Msport/ 2018 M2

Just taken delivery of my new 840d M sport coupe, handover wasn't great as it felt rushed and on closer inspection afterward greasy handprints on the seat and dash. I appreciate for a £80k car I expected more, especially as this was my tenth car from them. They kindly took the bmw dash cam (advanced 2.0) out of my 640d but then told me they couldn't put it in the 8 as there wasn't any approved fitting instructions from bmw. (didn't order the privacy glass so the rear camera had clear video)

Don't get me wrong.. the car is amazing in every way, four wheel steering takes time to adjust to. Still feels wrong how such a big car turns in so quickly and has a turning circle of a Pringle! then you go to use the paddles to change down and... they are plastic!! Plastic gear shifters on an £80k car. They almost bend when you pull too hard! Feeling gutted at this point so I fire off a snotty email Bmw UK to complain.

No Insurance company would touch me unless I had a tracker fitted so asked the dealer to fit one. (£600) When they were fitting the tracker, the technician nicked the rear passenger leather door panel, plucking it three times. This was a £2k fix

Obviously at this point I'd have every right to feel annoyed. How may times do you read stories stories on Bimmerpost of horror dealers! Well, this story has a happy ending.

The service manager who was dealing with the fitting of the tracker called me and told me about the damage to the door panel, he apologised profusely and said he'd already ordered a replacement and it would be fitted free of charge and the labour of the fitting of the tracker and dash cam was on them (£300+) he'd also valeted the car inside and out after I briefly mentioned the hand marks when I took delivery. (Service manger got the dash cam fitting instructions from bmw before it was released to other dealers)

I then get an email from BMW UK apologising about the quality of the gear paddles. As a gesture of goodwill they have agreed to retro fit carbon paddles free of charge at the dealership!

I appreciate shit happens, but how Coopers Bmw in Norwich have responded has been top class. The service managers Giles & Jonathan have been amazing and it's one of the reasons why I will keep going back

I know a thread is useless without pictures so..
Attached Images

03-22-2020, 07:01 PM   #2
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops395 View Post
Just taken delivery of my new 840d M sport coupe, handover wasn't great as it felt rushed and on closer inspection afterward greasy handprints on the seat and dash. I appreciate for a £80k car I expected more, especially as this was my tenth car from them. They kindly took the bmw dash cam (advanced 2.0) out of my 640d but then told me they couldn't put it in the 8 as there wasn't any approved fitting instructions from bmw. (didn't order the privacy glass so the rear camera had clear video)

Don't get me wrong.. the car is amazing in every way, four wheel steering takes time to adjust to. Still feels wrong how such a big car turns in so quickly and has a turning circle of a Pringle! then you go to use the paddles to change down and... they are plastic!! Plastic gear shifters on an £80k car. They almost bend when you pull too hard! Feeling gutted at this point so I fire off a snotty email Bmw UK to complain.

No Insurance company would touch me unless I had a tracker fitted so asked the dealer to fit one. (£600) When they were fitting the tracker, the technician nicked the rear passenger leather door panel, plucking it three times. This was a £2k fix

Obviously at this point I'd have every right to feel annoyed. How may times do you read stories stories on Bimmerpost of horror dealers! Well, this story has a happy ending.

The service manager who was dealing with the fitting of the tracker called me and told me about the damage to the door panel, he apologised profusely and said he'd already ordered a replacement and it would be fitted free of charge and the labour of the fitting of the tracker and dash cam was on them (£300+) he'd also valeted the car inside and out after I briefly mentioned the hand marks when I took delivery. (Service manger got the dash cam fitting instructions from bmw before it was released to other dealers)

I then get an email from BMW UK apologising about the quality of the gear paddles. As a gesture of goodwill they have agreed to retro fit carbon paddles free of charge at the dealership!

I appreciate shit happens, but how Coopers Bmw in Norwich have responded has been top class. The service managers Giles & Jonathan have been amazing and it's one of the reasons why I will keep going back

I know a thread is useless without pictures so..
First and foremost congrats on the M840d as I'm sure you'll love it. It is a rare bird here on Bimmerpost as not an option in the US but what I tracked in the initial 8-series reviews, etc. the 840d performs quite well for a diesel and of course includes all the bells and whistles of the 8-series.

That said not all BMW dealers step up with total customer satisfaction so happy to hear Coopers BMW is indeed doing so. I know all to well on how that plays out in an overall satisfaction with the vehicle as BMW North Scottsdale did the same for me to overcome several overall BMW shortcomings in my pursuit of my 2020 M850i Coupe.

Last edited by bloozemanAZ; 03-24-2020 at 05:14 PM..
Appreciate 2
Coops395213.00