M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion took off 850/M8 from my list

09-11-2019, 09:30 AM   #1
m3_08
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 conv, IX M60, model Y

took off 850/M8 from my list

wife drives x3 and recently when I tried to schedule appointment for check engine I was told there is no loaners for 3 weeks ahead but they can drop me at the shopping mall for 4-5 hours.

I had z4, m3, m5, x5 etc but Im done with BMW . Don't want to spend
on M8 and see this kind of service. With my current E63 I have nice loaner SAME day from MB dealership.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

Cant really blame you, but I hope that you've communicated this in detail and with passion to the management of your BMW dealership.
- Retired: Three Lexuses.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #3
m3_08
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhot47fla View Post
Cant really blame you, but I hope that you've communicated this in detail and with passion to the management of your BMW dealership.
Yes I did. Talked to service manager. This is just a business model this chain (Penske) elected to run. Works well for low end BMW vehicles but I don't see owners of 100K plus cars happy with that set up.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2019, 01:29 PM   #4
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

I had that recently and told them I'll just grab a used car off the lot and took an x3 m40i away for a few hours. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't let you take a used car?
      09-12-2019, 10:36 AM   #5
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_08 View Post
wife drives x3 and recently when I tried to schedule appointment for check engine I was told there is no loaners for 3 weeks ahead but they can drop me at the shopping mall for 4-5 hours.

on M8 and see this kind of service. With my current E63 I have nice loaner SAME day from MB dealership.
I've had this happen to me already. They had no cars available, but I pushed and finally they put me in a Ford Focus hatchback that was very dirty. To make matters worst I had to meet a client to sell a million dollar house. Obviously I rescheduled the meeting until after I got my car back, but yeah I was very upset.

I really don't blame you.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2019, 07:43 PM   #6
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_08 View Post

m3_08 my m850i is a special car, but that is where special ends, because as far as BMW is concerned it is just another car, just another delivery and I’m just another buyer. My greatest disappointment with my recent purchase is there is nothing special for service - such as priority bookings, guaranteed loaner - or what I think should be the minimum - pick up and drop off of my car for service.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 07:37 PM   #7
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
First world problems here. Lol

When you bought the car did the guarantee to give you a loaner car? If not, consider it a perk to get one when you do and move on with your life.

If you don't like the 8 series, fine. No problem. But to take it off your list because the dealership didn't have a loaner car available on short notice is pretty ridiculous.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 11:25 PM   #8
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post

When you bought the car did the guarantee to give you a loaner car? If not, consider it a perk to get one when you do and move on with your life.

If you don't like the 8 series, fine. No problem. But to take it off your list because the dealership didn't have a loaner car available on short notice is pretty ridiculous.
I'll have to disagree with you dude. At these prices we are paying for these cars it should be a given.

If the OP is going to buy a Porsche instead and they give better loaners and have better service I can't blame him for going with Porsche instead. Or Mercedes. Or where ever.

We are talking about a $150,000 car not a $35,000 Honda Accord. You can call it first world problems, but the truth is the clientele that pays this much for a car demands top notch service or they shop elsewhere. BMW needs to take note of this.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 1
Ozzie8641.00
      09-15-2019, 12:41 AM   #9
JSCO
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AMG GT

I recently experienced this with Audi....brought my R8 in for service and the service lady mentioned they didn't have any loaners for weeks....the parts guys next to her saw my face, got a hold of the manager who showed up with a used car(Q7) and apologized. m3_08 I would move on to another dealership group if you are interested in the 8 series. If not, onto the next. Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 08:02 AM   #10
m3_08
Lieutenant
Rep

I vote with my money and lucky for me I have choices...
I get much better personal service and attention with my MB dealer when I need anything.
Good loaners on short notice, pickup car from home for service, special events, track day once a year...
I think it really depends on the dealership. If I can find this kind of BMW dealer (btw, back in Chicago where I lived for 25 years and had x number of BMW, my dealer was top notch!) I may change my mind.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 08:31 AM   #11
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:

I'll have to disagree with you dude. At these prices we are paying for these cars it should be a given.

If the OP is going to buy a Porsche instead and they give better loaners and have better service I can't blame him for going with Porsche instead. Or Mercedes. Or where ever.

We are talking about a $150,000 car not a $35,000 Honda Accord. You can call it first world problems, but the truth is the clientele that pays this much for a car demands top notch service or they shop elsewhere. BMW needs to take note of this.
Funny that you mention Honda. I brought my wife's Odyssey in last month and they didn't even wash it. Lol.

Also, this isn't a BMW issue. This is an individual dealer issue.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 1
LSM1118.00
      09-15-2019, 10:43 AM   #12
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixbmwlife View Post
Quote:

Funny that you mention Honda. I brought my wife's Odyssey in last month and they didn't even wash it. Lol.

Also, this isn't a BMW issue. This is an individual dealer issue.
+1 I've owned Porsche's, MB, BMW's, RR and it's down to the individual dealer. I have had wonderful experience and awful experience with all Marques depending on the dealership.

Some go out of their way for clients some don't give a shit