M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Sport Plus mode vs Comfort (etc)

09-26-2019, 03:36 PM   #1
Spencenyc
Private
Rep
Drives: G12 75i xdrive

Sport Plus mode vs Comfort (etc)

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I was driving in my m850 and a friend jumped in and asked me: "how much more fuel do you burn driving in this mode (Sport plus)?"

Does anyone have any idea how fuel consumption varies in driving in Sport Plus mode versus comfort or adaptive?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 02:04 AM   #2
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencenyc View Post
I was driving in my m850 and a friend jumped in and asked me: "how much more fuel do you burn driving in this mode (Sport plus)?"

Does anyone have any idea how fuel consumption varies in driving in Sport Plus mode versus comfort or adaptive?
Difference in MPGs is mostly from how aggressive you drive, not what mode you're in. You could be getting shit MPGs in comfort and eco modes too if you're always redlining.
      09-29-2019, 06:49 AM   #3
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Sport Plus higher rev per gear compared to comfort mode. If using it as automatic the gear does usually shift beyond 6. It uses more fuel to create pops and bangs of the exhaust

In my experience the only way to make the fuel consumption of Sport Plus to come close to comfort is to drive in manual mode with paddle shift where you could control the gearing to some extent but you would still not be able to higher basal rev usually below 50mpg.
      09-29-2019, 06:51 AM   #4
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Sport Plus higher rev per gear compared to comfort mode. If using it as automatic the gear does usually shift beyond 6. It uses more fuel to create pops and bangs of the exhaust

In my experience the only way to make the fuel consumption of Sport Plus to come close to comfort is to drive in manual mode with paddle shift where you could control the gearing to some extent but you would still not be able to higher basal rev usually below 50mpg.