M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Track-time Ramblings

12-02-2023, 10:36 PM   #89
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradyc5 View Post
Love the coming build plans. You will definitely want to get something other than a Carbahn OTS tune to take full advantage of those hybrid turbos. Custom tune is the only way to go when getting to the power levels you’ll be at now and you’ll want a tuner who can do several logs and revisions to dial it in right. I’m not sure how susceptible these trans are to any issues at these power levels prior to getting a Pure Drivetrain Solutions treatment. If you really plan to beat on it, I’d be wary of removing too much torque limiting but I’m sure a tuner familiar with this platform can address that if necessary in the tune.
Thanks mate, looking forward to the results. It’s minor in comparison to what you’re up to but as far as I’ll ever take this car. There is a guy up here that's willing to put some development time into tuning my car so we’ll see how that goes. Can’t find anyone in my area that does custom work on this power plant.
Appreciate 0