M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion What kind of discounts on new M8's are people getting currently?

06-11-2023, 04:33 PM   #45
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Yeah I would consider skipping my $5,000 individual paint, adding the B&W and it would still be more expensive. Although sounds like maybe there are bigger discounts these days. Mine started at $130k, got in just before the $4,000 price hike and now they start at $138k. ☹️. I'm very curious to see what this rumored 6 series mashup replacement thing ends up costing
Yep, we'll have to wait and see what the mashup brings in 2026. Rumors sadly state GC only vs coupes and verts. Only time will tell what truly happens but GC only makes sense as the markets the 6 series is still in are GC only.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 04:37 PM   #46
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Yep, we'll have to wait and see what the mashup brings in 2026. Rumors sadly state GC only vs coupes and verts. Only time will tell what truly happens but GC only makes sense as the markets the 6 series is still in are GC only.
Yeak wouldn't surprise me. You would think (although you can get in trouble thinking) that they'd still leave a coupe option for us coupe folks. I was going to get an AMG C63 coupe when it was supposed to be redesigned for 22 or so to avoid The Grille. But then MB stopped bringing most coupes to the US which thankfully for BMW left me the only viable choice to get a M4, that I had for only a year as I just wasn't in love with it, amazing car as it was. I'd hate to have to consider jumping ship again. . I've looked at some other coupes like Lotus and a few others, but there really isn't anything else comparable in the same ballpark price range to either the M4 or M8 that works well as both a sport coupe and a DD.
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2023, 05:02 PM   #47
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeak wouldn't surprise me. You would think (although you can get in trouble thinking) that they'd still leave a coupe option for us coupe folks. I was going to get an AMG C63 coupe when it was supposed to be redesigned for 22 or so to avoid The Grille. But then MB stopped bringing most coupes to the US which thankfully for BMW left me the only viable choice to get a M4, that I had for only a year as I just wasn't in love with it, amazing car as it was. I'd hate to have to consider jumping ship again. . I've looked at some other coupes like Lotus and a few others, but there really isn't anything else comparable in the same ballpark price range to either the M4 or M8 that works well as both a sport coupe and a DD.
Only other coupe on the market I'll seriously consider is a LC 500 now that the 2024s have the NA designed Infotainment vs the abysmal one in the 2019-2023s. Definitely a performance drop from even a M850i let alone a M8.

However, at least IMO a better looking coupe than the 8-series. Oddly was never a fan of the Lexus spindle grill as for a lot of models it just looks slapped on vs an integral design. For the LC its spindle is truly integrated and details unique to it vs any other Lexus model. Then you have the absolutely glorious NA V8 with sport exhaust that puts even my M850i exhaust/cabin sound to shame.

I'm considering a bespoke build as with doing so a CF roof is available plus an active wing spoiler. All in still cheaper than a M850i by a several K given the Lexus price hikes on the 2024s and of course BMWs on the 8-series. My only bitch is Lexus doesn't have an equivalent to Driver's Assistance Pro which is valuable for boring highway stretches of a road trip.

The rumor is Lexus is ditching the NA V8 in 2026 for hybrid (already have one) or all electric. So have some time to figure it out but there definitely is a gravitational pull towards the LC vs a 2025 M850i.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 08:00 PM   #48
snareman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Only other coupe on the market I'll seriously consider is a LC 500 now that the 2024s have the NA designed Infotainment vs the abysmal one in the 2019-2023s. Definitely a performance drop from even a M850i let alone a M8.

However, at least IMO a better looking coupe than the 8-series. Oddly was never a fan of the Lexus spindle grill as for a lot of models it just looks slapped on vs an integral design. For the LC its spindle is truly integrated and details unique to it vs any other Lexus model. Then you have the absolutely glorious NA V8 with sport exhaust that puts even my M850i exhaust/cabin sound to shame.

I'm considering a bespoke build as with doing so a CF roof is available plus an active wing spoiler. All in still cheaper than a M850i by a several K given the Lexus price hikes on the 2024s and of course BMWs on the 8-series. My only bitch is Lexus doesn't have an equivalent to Driver's Assistance Pro which is valuable for boring highway stretches of a road trip.

The rumor is Lexus is ditching the NA V8 in 2026 for hybrid (already have one) or all electric. So have some time to figure it out but there definitely is a gravitational pull towards the LC vs a 2025 M850i.
I'd have to see it more in person because that cow catcher grille is more of a turn off to me than the M4 grille is. It does look pretty sweet from the side and that V8 sounds nice. I'm hoping BMW saves the day with something new and exciting.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 08:30 PM   #49
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'd have to see it more in person because that cow catcher grille is more of a turn off to me than the M4 grille is. It does look pretty sweet from the side and that V8 sounds nice. I'm hoping BMW saves the day with something new and exciting.
Agreed on the cow catcher grill but Lexus did it right on the LC so it truly flows into the lines of the front end vs a "slap it on" to tow the company line on the spindle grill. To appreciate the LC you need to see it in person vs just pics on the Internet as just like the 8-series pictures do not do the car justice whatsoever.

The interior/cockpit is at least a level if not 3 beyond the 8-series. Everyone complains that the 8-series interior is no different for the most part than any other properly optioned up other series. The LC 100% breaks that as completely unique to it and full leather with no added cost with true full leather. Catch-22 is the sports seats are ridiculously narrow. The touring package comes with what bespoke calls comfort seats and an equal width wise to the 8-series.

I kicked the 2019 to the curb due to the abysmal Infotainment system but that didn't stop me from 3 test drives to relish in the interior/cockpit and listen to that glorious NA V8 (no ASD as for the coupes they use a membrane technology to put the sound in the cabin but the vert just ramps it up to hell and back with the top down. 👍
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 08:34 PM   #50
snareman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Agreed on the cow catcher grill but Lexus did it right on the LC so it truly flows into the lines of the front end vs a "slap it on" to tow the company line on the spindle grill. To appreciate the LC you need to see it in person vs just pics on the Internet as just like the 8-series pictures do not do the car justice whatsoever.

The interior/cockpit is at least a level if not 3 beyond the 8-series. Everyone complains that the 8-series interior is no different for the most part than any other properly optioned up other series. The LC 100% breaks that as completely unique to it and full leather with no added cost with true full leather. Catch-22 is the sports seats are ridiculously narrow. The touring package comes with what bespoke calls comfort seats and an equal width wise to the 8-series.

I kicked the 2019 to the curb due to the abysmal Infotainment system but that didn't stop me from 3 test drives to relish in the interior/cockpit and listen to that glorious NA V8 (no ASD as for the coupes they use a membrane technology to put the sound in the cabin but the vert just ramps it up to hell and back with the top down. 👍
Yea, it used to be with BMW that as you moved up in price you get better interiors and tech, but now for the most parts its the same from the 1-8 series. I'm sure you get better leather on the 8, but the tech is likely mostly the same. No more IR cameras or other cool stuff on the 8's like they used to have. I suppose you can get the B&W (if BMW doesn't screw you out of it (ok, I won't go off on that tangent)).
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 08:38 PM   #51
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea, it used to be with BMW that as you moved up in price you get better interiors and tech, but now for the most parts its the same from the 1-8 series. I'm sure you get better leather on the 8, but the tech is likely mostly the same. No more IR cameras or other cool stuff on the 8's like they used to have. I suppose you can get the B&W (if BMW doesn't screw you out of it (ok, I won't go off on that tangent)).
What the heck? The new 8-series don't have the LIDAR aka IR cameras?

The LIDAR are for gesture controls, Driving Assistance Pro to sense your eyes vs just hands on the wheel for full stop and go under 40MPH when kicked in, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 08:47 PM   #52
snareman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What the heck? The new 8-series don't have the LIDAR aka IR cameras?

The LIDAR are for gesture controls, Driving Assistance Pro to sense your eyes vs just hands on the wheel for full stop and go under 40MPH when kicked in, etc.
I mean external for night vision. My parent's Escalades have them. Kinda cool. I wasn't in this segment then, but I think the 7/8's used to have it pre microchip issues?

From 2015:
https://www.flir.com/discover/oem/au...s-in-its-cars/
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 08:54 PM   #53
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I mean external for night vision. My parent's Escalades have them. Kinda cool. I wasn't in this segment then, but I think the 7/8's used to have it pre microchip issues?

From 2015:
https://www.flir.com/discover/oem/au...s-in-its-cars/
BMW killed night vision in NA back in 2020 as according to the bean counters the option was a loss vs profit.
Appreciate 1
snareman9051.50