M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos GM Red Tag sale... Corvette Z06 $65K...

11-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #23
E90ice
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
So. You applied for a POS?
Exactly. Because the 335 is an even bigger piece of shit for 50k and thats why I'm selling it. At lease the Corvette was 35k POS and spanks the 335.
      11-11-2008, 11:59 AM   #24
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
So. You applied for a POS?
This might be out-of-the-blue thinking, but did he ever try calling them back instead?

My CA never called me on anything so I called him. And oddly enough, I ended up with my car, happy
      11-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #25
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
Exactly. Because the 335 is an even bigger piece of shit for 50k and thats why I'm selling it. At lease the Corvette was 35k POS and spanks the 335.
I did not think my 335 was a POS but it irritated me to say the least. Should have waited a year for them to get the bugs out but watta ya do?
      11-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #26
ruxp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
BMWs were bred on the track. then tamed for the streets. totally unimpressive...... lol whats impressive is that a base corvette can handle better than any BMW. plus big power which means nothing to you. imagine what a Z06 could do.

the corvette is one of the best sports cars you can buy for the money. It out performs the E92 by a big margin and it costs 10k less. plus a Z06 for 65k!!!!!! thats 5k less than a fully loaded E92. I hate it when BMW fanboys talk crap about vettes. the interiors crap.....GM is a shit company.........its just a powerful engine.......... these are amazing cars. even if they dont have the BMW logo on them.
+1

a c6 z06 would destroy any bmw. it is an amazing vehicle (and the zr1 is even moreso). vette haters/bmw fanboys need to get a grip. at similar prices, i'd take a zr-1 over an m6 in a heartbeat.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 12:05 PM   #27
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
I'd love a zr-1 but i'm happy as hell with my 335i. I think a lot of people nit pick on every little thing and I'm not one of those people. My car has flaws but what car doesn't? Every car at the end of the day is still a machine and its not going to be perfect. Matter of fact i've yet to find anything in the world that was made perfectly. I love my xbox 360 but i've went through three of them because of the three red rings but I still love it. My 335 has been back to the service drive 3-4 times but yet I still love this baby

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #28
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Never had to take my car in for any problems in two years of owning it. I love my POS.

Oh and I'd def take a ZO6 over every BMW. It's so badass.
      11-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #29
mpower03
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 z4 M Coupe

i find it funny how people are saying corvettes in general are overpriced wheter a c6, z06 or zr1. All three of those cars dominate every comparable car. Oh and its funny how people are saying the the m3 is a sports luxury car but bmw is marketing it as a "race cars" (as on their website). I am a big fan for the m3, don't get e wrong but if anything the m3's are way overpriced. In general all cars are overpriced. But the corvettes hae the best performance you can get for the value. If the corvette had the bmw name you would just be all over it.

And about GM customer service it happens to be excellent we have had two corvettes and if you ask me their customer service is far better that bmw.
      11-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #30
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower03 View Post
i find it funny how people are saying corvettes in general are overpriced wheter a c6, z06 or zr1. All three of those cars dominate every comparable car. Oh and its funny how people are saying the the m3 is a sports luxury car but bmw is marketing it as a "race cars" (as on their website). I am a big fan for the m3, don't get e wrong but if anything the m3's are way overpriced. In general all cars are overpriced. But the corvettes hae the best performance you can get for the value. If the corvette had the bmw name you would just be all over it.

And about GM customer service it happens to be excellent we have had two corvettes and if you ask me their customer service is far better that bmw.
If the Corvette had the BMW name, it would cost $40k more. You're absolutely right, the M3 is way overpriced. I'm sure BMW is feeling the effects of pricing it too high. You can tell whenever you drive by a dealership and see 8 M3's sitting on the lot.
      11-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #31
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I remember the service with Chevrolet being fine. The store I go look at Vettes at has a great Cafe' inside too.
      11-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #32
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
I went to the Chevy dealer 4 days ago to look at a used 2006 C6 Corvette. I filled out an application and they told me to go home as it may take a few hours.
Never called me back. Fucking losers! And this happens when the company is on the verge of bankruptcy. I guess they don't need my money nor do they have any common sense to give me a response.

GM - please take you fucking customer service and piece of shit cars and go sell shoes....
The dealers are separate from GM! It isn't GM's fault that the salesmen at the dealer are lazy POS's! Do you blame BMW if your dealer crashed your 335i, but told you someone jacked it and wrecked it?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #33
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
There have been NO posts about the uncomfortable seats or rattles in this forum. Ever. And people swapping out run-flat tires for non RFTs and the harsh ride coming down? Absurd.

I have never even heard of a high pressure fuel pump failure on here as well.

Or stupid dealers that try to change the "lifetime fliud" on a DCT only to ruin the transmission...and then try to get BMW NA to pay for the replacement under warranty...then BMW NA says no way...the dealer screwed up...then the customer has no M3...yeah...this has never happened either...

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #34
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Base C6 + Z06 + ZR1 + Viper ACR = BMW fanboy nightmare
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #35
BaLLzZz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Defiantly Great cars just in a different category. Im young now and can only financially afford one nice car of my choice. So some things to my liking are a combination of luxury and speed. And in that category in my eyes BMW ///M division takes the cake over AMG,V,S/RS, And all others. These are amazing MUSCLE cars. I am not taking away from there great performance on track/straights but they are with they are. And if i was young and my mind was different for love of modern muscle cars i would hands down own one. Or if money permitted LOL But since that's either case YET my choice is for a bimmer.

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Boring & Gone : 15 f30 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone & Missed!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 01:57 PM   #36
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

I have owned many Corvettes over the years including a C6 Z06.

Yes, the older cars had their niggles here and there, but nothing big at all. Once I got into the C5 the car was much improved in every way. I never had an issue with either the C5 or the C6 Z06. I never had an issue with customer service with any of my Corvettes. If you're unhappy with a dealer, go to another one or complain to GM instead of just taking it.

For those of you who dismiss the Corvette "just because" it's a Corvette are missing the boat completely. These cars are highly capable in ALL categories of performance. Check out the latest Car and Driver Lightening Lap results and you'll see how a Z51 C6 (not a Z06) spanked a new M3 by a large margin - about 4 seconds. Oh, and the "superior" M3 had an issue down-shifting under high g-loads as some of our fellow forum members can attest to.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...p_2008_feature
Scroll down to the "DOWNLOADS" at the bottom part of the page and check out the "Lap Time Chart" and the "Reults Chart."

The Z06 is in another category compared to any BMW. It is truly a supercar for M3 money. Take a ride in one and you'll see how it feels to do 60mph in first gear. My car had a Callaway Intake, shifter and Corsa exhaust - what an animal!

And if GM or Ford were to go out of business, our entire country would be in a world of hurt. You do not want to wish that on either company - our economy relies on them more than you can imagine.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #37
BaLLzZz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW325xi View Post
And if GM or Ford were to go out of business, our entire country would be in a world of hurt. You do not want to wish that on either company - our economy relies on them more than you can imagine.
+1

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Boring & Gone : 15 f30 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone & Missed!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #38
guarnibl
Major
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MIKE View Post
Corvettes are way overpriced. Big powerful engine.....the end. Never liked them.
Thanks for the laugh.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #39
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Thumbs up

Quote:

Yes, the older cars had their niggles here and there, but nothing big at all. Once I got into the C5 the car was much improved in every way. I never had an issue with either the C5 or the C6 Z06. I never had an issue with customer service with any of my Corvettes. If you're unhappy with a dealer, go to another one or complain to GM instead of just taking it.

For those of you who dismiss the Corvette "just because" it's a Corvette are missing the boat completely. These cars are highly capable in ALL categories of performance. Check out the latest Car and Driver Lightening Lap results and you'll see how a Z51 C6 (not a Z06) spanked a new M3 by a large margin - about 4 seconds. Oh, and the "superior" M3 had an issue down-shifting under high g-loads as some of our fellow forum members can attest to.
Scroll down to the "DOWNLOADS" at the bottom part of the page and check out the "Lap Time Chart" and the "Reults Chart."

The Z06 is in another category compared to any BMW. It is truly a supercar for M3 money. Take a ride in one and you'll see how it feels to do 60mph in first gear. My car had a Callaway Intake, shifter and Corsa exhaust - what an animal!

QFT. This guy speaks the truth. End of thread.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #40
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by guarnibl View Post
Thanks for the laugh.
Yeah M3Mike is one dumb fanboy.

Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #41
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

The point many of you seem to be missing in this whole BMW as a brand vs. Corvette arguement is that Corvettes are not luxurious. In a BMW you are paying for more than just the speed. You pay for the creature comforts, because they are daily driver cars. You pay for the brand, because BMW has great customer service and one of the best warranties anywhere. And yes, you also pay for the performance as well. Its the whole package. Drive it from work to the track and back.

Corvette Z06's are bought for one of 2 purposes. Tracking, or mid-life crisis. Yes the latter is a stereotype. And yes, its true. A Z06 is horrible on the road. Anyone over the age of 30 would probably develope severe physical problems using a Z06 as a daily driver. If you bought one to track, kudos. You bought a great track car.

But as an actually road-going driver's car I am still not impressed by it. Its the same thing with the Viper ACR. Great track car, dirt cheap for the performance, horrible driver's car. We could even take things a step further. Get a Ariel Atom. Probably cheaper than a Z06 if they sold them in the US. Then you would be getting near F1 performance. But also, even less human considerations. No windshield for example. I would be inclined to buy a Atom because it's performance is so far out there. But the Corvette, while fast as it is, is not that amazing. Plus, everything else surrounding the brand is just not appealing.

I'm sorry your sick of the BMW fanbois. Maybe you should GET OFF BMW SPECIFIC FORUMS? I imagine you can get plenty of open opinions on 6speed.com. Never the less, what I'm saying isn't blind loyalty either though. I do make a decent point. BMW offers fun. They are driving enthusiasts' cars, not race cars.
      11-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #42
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Unless I missed a few posts, no one is saying Corvettes are lacking in raw automotive performance. They are fast cars in all performance categories, as you stated. Where a Corvette is lacking, and why I view it as unimpressive is when you take into account the driver.

As for Ford/GM going out of business. Hard to tell what will happen, but they did it to themselves. If they do go under, then it would open the doors wide open for a new brand. A brand that us Americans could actually be proud of, and they could finally get it right. Since all of the infrastructure for retail and all would already be in place.
      11-11-2008, 03:04 PM   #43
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Because you would really want to drive a Viper ACR as your primary daily driver.

Let me know if you decide to get one, I'll give you the number to a fantastic Chiropracter.
      11-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #44
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Because you would really want to drive a Viper ACR as your primary daily driver.

Let me know if you decide to get one, I'll give you the number to a fantastic Chiropracter.

If you could spell "chiropractor", we might take you seriously. Otherwise your post reeks of fanboy.

"We pay more $$$ for better service, and luxury."

Appreciate 0