M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion M8 Diverter valve and blow off valve

09-27-2022, 12:05 AM   #1
JoelineM8
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 F92

M8 Diverter valve and blow off valve

Haven't looked into this much at all yet, seeing if anyone replaced the blow off valve or Diverter valve on thier M8. Looking to add a little more turbo whoosh sound. Any feed back appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 02:44 PM   #2
Tethys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp, 330i, Camaro SS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelineM8 View Post
Haven't looked into this much at all yet, seeing if anyone replaced the blow off valve or Diverter valve on thier M8. Looking to add a little more turbo whoosh sound. Any feed back appreciated.
I haven't but just put intakes on it, I did over the radiator open element intakes and the turbos are quite loud now.
Appreciate 1
Justao402.00
      09-27-2022, 06:18 PM   #3
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Quote:
Which one are you thinking?

This?

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW...iverter-valves
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2022, 12:27 PM   #4
Paolo73
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 YMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Thrillride View Post
Quote:
Which one are you thinking?

This?

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW...iverter-valves
It's valid for X5M and X6M S63 engine .
Not valid for M8
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 02:20 AM   #5
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
I added an MSR intake (the loudest and best intake in the market IMO), I've had it on my M4, and M5, and it was WAY louder, the spool, BOV and everything sound amazing. That's my recommendation Vs getting a fast and the furious blow off valve. You'll get increased performance as well, especially with a tune and exhaust, as the stock intakes are very restrictive.

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 06:54 PM   #6
mpop302
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfan9 View Post
I added an MSR intake (the loudest and best intake in the market IMO), I've had it on my M4, and M5, and it was WAY louder, the spool, BOV and everything sound amazing. That's my recommendation Vs getting a fast and the furious blow off valve. You'll get increased performance as well, especially with a tune and exhaust, as the stock intakes are very restrictive.
Which do you have and how much does it cost? Any videos ?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 04:07 AM   #7
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpop302 View Post
Quote:
It's called MSR. In my opinion, it's the best intake on the market.

I do have some videos. Here is the intake on my M6, I'll find the one of my M5, and I'll have to take one for you on my M8 next week. But listen to how great this sounds. You'll have to DM me your cell, it's not letting me upload a video..

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 10:27 AM   #8
Mr.PoodlePants
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Co

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I do have some videos. Here is the intake on my M6, I'll find the one of my M5, and I'll have to take one for you on my M8 next week. But listen to how great this sounds. You'll have to DM me your cell, it's not letting me upload a video..
[QUOTE= You'll have to DM me your cell, it's not letting me upload a video..[/QUOTE]

Your message box is full and cannot take new messages.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 10:18 PM   #9
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
MSR is in front of the high temp rads. I wouldn’t think to do that.

You wouldn’t purchase either mutually exclusive of the other. In my opinion, as evidenced in my recordings of my M8 on the track, this engine could use a diverter. I believe what I’m hearing is the turbo impellers thud against the closed intake when I release the throttle. I’m not too worried as I’ll eventually rebuild my turbos anyways, but still looking for a solution.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 10:40 PM   #10
TheGreatM8
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:

You wouldn’t purchase either mutually exclusive of the other. In my opinion, as evidenced in my recordings of my M8 on the track, this engine could use a diverter. I believe what I’m hearing is the turbo impellers thud against the closed intake when I release the throttle. I’m not too worried as I’ll eventually rebuild my turbos anyways, but still looking for a solution.
Speaking of...I'm thinking of turbo upgrade. Why? I don't know just having fun adding this shit to my car. Is there one you would recommend?
I already have:
~ER secondary DP
~Akra
~CSF Coolers
~Eventuri
Could I add better turbos without having to change anything else?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 11:09 PM   #11
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatM8 View Post
Speaking of...I'm thinking of turbo upgrade. Why? I don't know just having fun adding this shit to my car. Is there one you would recommend?
I already have:
~ER secondary DP
~Akra
~CSF Coolers
~Eventuri
Not sure my friend. A winter research project?
Appreciate 1
TheGreatM82178.00
      10-04-2022, 12:54 AM   #12
mpop302
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Would you mind posting on YouTube or something?
Box full

Those intakes look to cost like 2k?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 09:58 AM   #13
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Quote:
I already have:
~ER secondary DP
~Akra
~CSF Coolers
~Eventuri
you need the larger heat exchanger first. As for better trubo's that is when the can of worms opens up... lol Well for me at least, I won't go to crazy until locally I have a dyno tuner..... For now just bolt on stuff in my future
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 1
TheGreatM82178.00
      10-05-2022, 12:37 AM   #14
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I've used MSR for 7+ years on 4 different M cars, without an issue, and with stellar gains and sound.

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 12:39 AM   #15
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Box full

I can do that… took a few pics today, but it takes a week or so for the intakes full potential to come out, and then I'll have someone record a few laps so you can hear it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Tenac4602.50
      10-05-2022, 12:41 AM   #16
mpop302
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Box full

I can do that… took a few pics today, but it takes a week or so for the intakes full potential to come out, and then I'll have someone record a few laps so you can hear it.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Box full

That looks hot!! 🔥🔥
Appreciate 1
Padfan9822.50
      10-05-2022, 02:24 PM   #17
DfwScags
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw M8 Competition Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I already have:
~ER secondary DP
~Akra
~CSF Coolers
~Eventuri
I've been in contact with Vargas turbo about this. Jb4 also said their setup is compatible wjth upgraded turbos, they would want to see logs once they arrive. From my understanding it's a plug and play setup with Vargas. They recommended FEMTO for ECU unlock. That's about as far as I've got with this. Good to hear I'm not the only one wanting to do this lol
Appreciate 1
TheGreatM82178.00
      05-27-2023, 10:11 AM   #18
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
As I understand it, our M8 motor does not use a diverted valve. Anyone have more info?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 09:51 PM   #19
JoelineM8
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethys View Post
I haven't but just put intakes on it, I did over the radiator open element intakes and the turbos are quite loud now.
Hey bro, what type/brand of intakes did you put ofilters? But When u say open element, u mean like cones fliters?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 09:55 PM   #20
JoelineM8
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haven't had anyone tell me that will fit nore will anyone tell me of one that fits. Any feed back of one that fits would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 09:56 PM   #21
JoelineM8
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo73 View Post
It's valid for X5M and X6M S63 engine .
Not valid for M8
Thank you. Disregard my previous message. Do u know of one that would fit the M8?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 10:11 PM   #22
JoelineM8
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ever use berger or CTS? Do you feel a kick in throttle response? Ever any lag? Ask cause in a intake topic on this forum, someone wrote open cone intake filters case some lag in throttle response. His recommendation was just get BMC upgraded air filters and Dinan intake air ducks.
Appreciate 0