M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Need Help!!

10-28-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
backtofront001
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 135i

Need Help!!

so i was driving my friends car today with him in the passenger seat, it is a manual srt-4. I am driving on the freeway going from 4th to 5th and all of a sudden all the gears lock out. I cant put the car into gear so i pull over and turn the car off and when i turn it back on, the gear problem is solved -- the shifter now goes into gear but no gear is engaged. The car just revs freely. No burnt clutch smell no nothing. Pretty wierd all of a sudden this happens...we had to get the car towed to a nearby dodge dealership and today is sunday to service was closed. By the way, 2 weeks ago he was having problems with 3rd and 4th gear and the gears were replaced under warranty. Now does anyone know whats wrong with the car, i mean i dont want to take the fall for something i didnt do.
Appreciate 0