M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion M850i feels a bit laggy lately

06-17-2023, 07:58 PM   #1
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

M850i feels a bit laggy lately

I've noticed that my M850i feels a bit sluggish lately. Throttle response just isn't sharp sometimes in sport.

Maybe it's coincidence, but I just started noticing this after the last OTA update... Or maybe I'm just completely imaginging things... shrugs...

Rob

Last edited by Rob_G77; 06-17-2023 at 11:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2023, 08:30 PM   #2
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G77 View Post
I've noticed that my M850i feels sluggish and the exhaust is very subdued. A few weeks ago there was an OTA update so I'm not thinking this is a coincidence?

If I rev the car in sport plus, it doesn't burble or pop AT ALL any more. Exhaust noise is one thing, but the car just feels rather neutered now.

Rob
What version of iD7 is now installed? I'm still waiting on 11/2022.60 to install (it's been uploaded to the car for weeks) and for it verified by other forum members no impact to the exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2023, 11:33 PM   #3
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
What version of iD7 is now installed? I'm still waiting on 11/2022.60 to install (it's been uploaded to the car for weeks) and for it verified by other forum members no impact to the exhaust.
03/2023.50

Maybe it was just a fluke before, but the exhaust was back to normal tonight. The car ran ok too. Maybe I just jumped the gun on assuming there's an issue.

I'm taking it in next week anyhow for intermittent side collision avoidance warnings. That happens about once every 2 days, more often lately too. Always from the right side.

Rob
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2023, 02:24 PM   #4
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
03/2023.50
Latest and greatest. If the 11/2022.60 never installs that will be the next go around. I've already gotten the notice it will expire soon same as the last one that never installed. Once it expires although already downloaded to the car it will vaporize thanks the the BMW cloud when it checks in at start up or shut down.

Quote:
Maybe it was just a fluke before, but the exhaust was back to normal tonight. The car ran ok too. Maybe I just jumped the gun on assuming there's an issue.
I've had this happen and never a rhyme or reason to it, e.g., cold weather vs hot weather. Happened a few weeks back in hot weather (90s here in Phoenix) after a warm start at the local convenience store as was only out of the car for 5 minutes or so. Muted start and no pops or gurgles on the drive home at all.

Quote:
I'm taking it in next week anyhow for intermittent side collision avoidance warnings. That happens about once every 2 days, more often lately too. Always from the right side.
Have had that happen too ironically right side as well but rare vs the consistency like your experience. Definitely post back any info from the assessment by the dealer.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0