M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Lyft passenger taken for 120-mph ride in a Dodge Charger SRT

02-21-2019, 04:01 PM   #1
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Lyft passenger taken for 120-mph ride in a Dodge Charger SRT

"And then he (the driver) said, 'There's a blue light. I'm going to jail. I've got to go.'"

https://www.sfgate.com/cars/article/...a-13633762.php
      02-21-2019, 04:45 PM   #2
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Nice
      02-21-2019, 04:55 PM   #3
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Random note: I passed some slowpoke riced out Camry the other day and he got all pissy and start road raging. When I looked behind it had the Lyft glow so it was clearly one of their drivers. It was a single lane, 40 speed limit where he was going 35. Single broken yellow line so passing was legal.

Do ya'll think I should report this clown? Didn't get a plate but have a good description of the car. I normally let this stuff go but think it's messed up for a Lyft driver to behave like that. What type of loose cannons are they hiring?
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00
      02-21-2019, 06:38 PM   #4
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
What type of loose cannons are they hiring?
They hired me, so beware.

Whenever I have passengers, I drive like I’m driving miss Daisy. However, every now and then I’ll use the 335 and some passengers want me to go for a wild ride. I respectfully decline but do WOT at low speeds just to get them wet enough.
Appreciate 2
      02-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #5
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post

Whenever I have passengers, I drive like I’m driving miss Daisy. However, every now and then I’ll use the 335 and some passengers want me to go for a wild ride. I respectfully decline but do WOT at low speeds just to get them wet enough.
Watching those youtube videos with people driving Uber in Lamborghinis and such always made me wonder what fun it'd be to do that. Just hope you don't get someone who freaks out if you accelerate fast.
      02-21-2019, 07:06 PM   #6
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I think I'd rather go 120 in a Charger SRT than 100 in the yellow taxi I was in years ago in L.A.
ItsGary1456.50
minn1913970.00
Efthreeoh16946.00
      02-21-2019, 07:07 PM   #7
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Random note: I passed some slowpoke riced out Camry the other day and he got all pissy and start road raging. When I looked behind it had the Lyft glow so it was clearly one of their drivers. It was a single lane, 40 speed limit where he was going 35. Single broken yellow line so passing was legal.

Do ya'll think I should report this clown? Didn't get a plate but have a good description of the car. I normally let this stuff go but think it's messed up for a Lyft driver to behave like that. What type of loose cannons are they hiring?
I'd let it go.
Germanauto9665.50
      02-21-2019, 07:30 PM   #8
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Another Lyft story for me. I took a ride from Manhattan to NJ and the dickhead driver was road raging in the city and stopped completely in the middle of the freeway because he thought he missed an exit. Nearly caused multiple accidents and I felt my life was in danger.

I complained to Lyft and these motherf*kers were like "we will give you a $10 coupon for your next ride within 15 days."

I proceeded to call and gave them a piece of my mind; they refunded the ride completely which is still not good enough but whatever. I've had several bad experiences with Lyft but not Uber.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #9
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Another Lyft story for me. I took a ride from Manhattan to NJ and the dickhead driver was road raging in the city and stopped completely in the middle of the freeway because he thought he missed an exit. Nearly caused multiple accidents and I felt my life was in danger.

I complained to Lyft and these motherf*kers were like "we will give you a $10 coupon for your next ride within 15 days."

I proceeded to call and gave them a piece of my mind; they refunded the ride completely which is still not good enough but whatever. I've had several bad experiences with Lyft but not Uber.
See this is something I don’t get. Passengers tell me numerous times that they’ve had drivers who were rude to them, declining requests (ie fast food stops, stoping by a store). Doing this business is customer service oriented so each driver needs to be professional at all times and accommodate all passengers within reason. Sorry you felt in danger but unfortunately many drivers on both platforms lack common knowledge/sense.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 08:18 PM   #10
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Watching those youtube videos with people driving Uber in Lamborghinis and such always made me wonder what fun it'd be to do that. Just hope you don't get someone who freaks out if you accelerate fast.
While pretty cool, those drivers are risking deactivation and IMHO they are probably staged. If I pulled up to a passenger(s) with the CTS coupe, I’ll fear I’ll get an email saying that I’m deactivated for sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 08:28 PM   #11
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
See this is something I don’t get. Passengers tell me numerous times that they’ve had drivers who were rude to them, declining requests (ie fast food stops, stoping by a store). Doing this business is customer service oriented so each driver needs to be professional at all times and accommodate all passengers within reason. Sorry you felt in danger but unfortunately many drivers on both platforms lack common knowledge/sense.
Yeah I'm sure a lot of customers are idiots too. All I ask is that the driver not endanger my life, and for customer service to insult me with their cheapness.

On that same trip I had a stereotypical Jets fan as my driver, was super funny especially as it was the week they hired that dude from the Dolphins rather than Mike McCarthy. Dude was a living and breathing meme. Some drivers are great.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 11:43 AM   #12
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I'd let it go.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 03:50 PM   #13
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep

Poor financial management skills. While the Charger SRT is not expensive when purchased used market; it can't be financially smart to be a lyft driver in a low MPG car with fairly expensive tires and brakes.

Perhaps if the lyft driver had purchased a more reasonable priced car, he would need a second job.

"According to court records cited by WSOC, Cranford has been pulled over for speeding at least three times, but charges were reduced and the cases disposed of"

Typical court system that doesn't care about safety. They typically will reduce the speeds reported on the ticket as long as the driver pays the full fine of the correct speeds. Most don't even check driver history to review past infractions. It's about the dollar.

Does LYFT not check driver history before hiring people?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 07:22 PM   #14
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Quote:

Report that mfer
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      02-24-2019, 07:19 AM   #15
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
See this is something I don’t get. Passengers tell me numerous times that they’ve had drivers who were rude to them, declining requests (ie fast food stops, stopping by a store). Doing this business is customer service oriented so each driver needs to be professional at all times and accommodate all passengers within reason. Sorry you felt in danger but unfortunately many drivers on both platforms lack common knowledge/sense.
Hence why they are driving a cab...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0