M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Cadillacs not selling

05-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #89
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZ06 View Post
Wow, talk about a bs blanket statement. I've had good experiences at some Caddy dealers...
How old are you?

I don't mean that in a bad or disrespectful way. I'm genuinely curious. It can also be the area too.

I only tried two dealerships but both were difficult to deal with and I was a generation below everyone in there. I'm not young but younger if that makes sense. I thought maybe that what might be going on? I don't know though.
      05-04-2016, 08:50 AM   #90
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron View Post
How old are you?

I don't mean that in a bad or disrespectful way. I'm genuinely curious. It can also be the area too.

I only tried two dealerships but both were difficult to deal with and I was a generation below everyone in there. I'm not young but younger if that makes sense. I thought maybe that what might be going on? I don't know though.
I was in my early 30s when I was V shopping.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2016, 09:53 AM   #91
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
Wow, talk about a bs blanket statement. I've had good experiences at some Caddy dealers...
At least in this thread, you are one of the few, if not the only one whom has had a good experience at a Cadillac dealership.

Also, I based it on the multiple accounts here as well as my own.

Last edited by Mywifes335; 05-04-2016 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 09:58 AM   #92
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Pretty sure it was the LS9.
I was pretty sure I didn't misremember because a buddy of mine has a CTS-V coupe and he corrected me.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...-lsa-2009-2014

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LS_b...ock_engine#LSA

The LSA was the high production supercharged LS V8 versus the hand-built LS9 basically exclusive to the Z06s.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 10:17 AM   #93
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
I was pretty sure I didn't misremember because a buddy of mine has a CTS-V coupe and he corrected me.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...-lsa-2009-2014

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LS_b...ock_engine#LSA

The LSA was the high production supercharged LS V8 versus the hand-built LS9 basically exclusive to the Z06s.
You mean ZR1. The Z06 has the LS7, but they are hand built too.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 10:17 AM   #94
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
At least in this thread, you are one of the few, if not the only one whom has had a good experience at a Cadillac dealership.

Also, I based it on the multiple accounts here as well as my own.
To be fair, this thread is not even close to a proper sample size to make such a statement, though.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 10:23 AM   #95
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You mean ZR1. The Z06 has the LS7, but they are hand built too.
Oops totally meant that ZR1. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #96
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
I think its unanimous that the Cadillac dealership experience sucks ass.

We should email a transcript of this thread to GM execs. They're so unhinged and oblivious.
Unanimous based on a few responses on a BMW forum? I am sure GM execs will see this as unbiased data and get right on it. Also, finding a group of people that don't like car dealers of any brand shouldn't take too long.

I have been very happy with my Cadillac dealer experiences (service and sales). I take the car in, there is someone available, I go over what will be done and they give me a loaner, out quickly and without problems. Have been there three times for service and a couple of times for sales and other dealerships while looking. I will say it the waiting area isn't as fancy and the Audi dealer I used to go to always had donuts and a better couch but I also haven't had all the problems I had with my Audi so will take the less luxurious setting and not going over the opposite. I bought my BMW used 3 years ago and have never been to the dealer which is part of the reason I don't see fancy waiting rooms or showrooms as much of selling feature. I spend many hours each week in the car and virtually no time at the dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Did you drive both cars or just price them / compare specs? I think many would view the 3.6L V-6 vs. BMW 3.0 a considerable difference, perhaps enough alone to justify the MSRP difference. Also, you can negotiate prices with BMW as well so if you are comparing $55K MSRP to $45K I think that's a bit off.
Drove both, compared MSRP to MSRP then Truecar and buying services prices, did not sit down with the BMW dealer and push for their best price as I didn't see it getting anywhere close and didn't feel like wasting their or my time. I have found Truecar and other buying services to not be the best price but a good indication of what to expect. I didn't want to lease (then replacing the car every 3 years for eternity) which seems like where the best BMW deals are and instead ended up paying cash for a CPO.

Based on MSRP, then Truecar and buying services, MSRP was roughly $6k more for the 335, then the discounts available on the Cadillac were greater, making the spread even more. I saw no chance to get the price for an equal spec anywhere close.

Yes the 335 engine is better (now ATS has a new V-6/trans so difference shouldn't be as great), then the ATS handling is better and we can go on and on about the differences but I made my choice after considering both cars. I am completely fine with others choosing the 335 (most do) but do wonder how many give other brands a chance or are just are so caught up in the badge, dealer waiting rooms/showrooms, and their status in society based on the type of car they buy to actually do it.
      05-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #97
MNoob
Grand Duke
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4CSL

Garage List
2024 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
2005 Lotus Elise  [10.00]
2023 BMW M4 CSL  [10.00]
Quote:
To be fair, this thread is not even close to a proper sample size to make such a statement, though.

I test drove an ATSV and had a good experience at the dealership. Sales staff were helpful and more than willing to answer any questions I had, talk about other models, and whatever sparked my interest. I did not buy the car, but that had nothing to do with the dealership or staff. I think the dealership experience is not so brand specific. Talk to a lot of sales staff and dealer mgmt and I bet they have sold everything from Honda civics to dodge rams.
      05-04-2016, 10:30 AM   #98
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
True. But you know, as far as this thread, there have been a lot f bad experiences.

Honestly, the Trailblazer SS was the first American car I owned since my Camaro. I just feel that besides my 2011 visit to a Ford store to test drive the new GT 5.0 (positive dealer experience, but car was disappointing), the Chevy, Dodge, and Cadillac dealerships treated me like I'm wasting their time. It was as if they weren't interested in selling me what I want or in the case of Chevy (Looking at Z06), anything at all.

Trust me, every time we're in the market, I always throw in a few US makes. As a kid my parents drove American for the most part, then it was all BMW and Mercedes (well one Lexus) from my early teens on.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 10:37 AM   #99
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
True. But you know, as far as this thread, there have been a lot f bad experiences.

Honestly, the Trailblazer SS was the first American car I owned since my Camaro. I just feel that besides my 2011 visit to a Ford store to test drive the new GT 5.0 (positive dealer experience, but car was disappointing), the Chevy, Dodge, and Cadillac dealerships treated me like I'm wasting their time. It was as if they weren't interested in selling me what I want or in the case of Chevy (Looking at Z06), anything at all.

Trust me, every time we're in the market, I always throw in a few US makes. As a kid my parents drove American for the most part, then it was all BMW and Mercedes (well one Lexus) from my early teens on.
I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe your area? I recently drove a new Camaro SS & they had to pull it out of the showroom for the drive. No one gave me any attitude.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 10:46 AM   #100
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Unanimous based on a few responses on a BMW forum? I am sure GM execs will see this as unbiased data and get right on it. Also, finding a group of people that don't like car dealers of any brand shouldn't take too long.

I have been very happy with my Cadillac dealer experiences (service and sales). I take the car in, there is someone available, I go over what will be done and they give me a loaner, out quickly and without problems. Have been there three times for service and a couple of times for sales and other dealerships while looking. I will say it the waiting area isn't as fancy and the Audi dealer I used to go to always had donuts and a better couch but I also haven't had all the problems I had with my Audi so will take the less luxurious setting and not going over the opposite. I bought my BMW used 3 years ago and have never been to the dealer which is part of the reason I don't see fancy waiting rooms or showrooms as much of selling feature. I spend many hours each week in the car and virtually no time at the dealership.

Drove both, compared MSRP to MSRP then Truecar and buying services prices, did not sit down with the BMW dealer and push for their best price as I didn't see it getting anywhere close and didn't feel like wasting their or my time. I have found Truecar and other buying services to not be the best price but a good indication of what to expect. I didn't want to lease (then replacing the car every 3 years for eternity) which seems like where the best BMW deals are and instead ended up paying cash for a CPO.

Based on MSRP, then Truecar and buying services, MSRP was roughly $6k more for the 335, then the discounts available on the Cadillac were greater, making the spread even more. I saw no chance to get the price for an equal spec anywhere close.

Yes the 335 engine is better (now ATS has a new V-6/trans so difference shouldn't be as great), then the ATS handling is better and we can go on and on about the differences but I made my choice after considering both cars. I am completely fine with others choosing the 335 (most do) but do wonder how many give other brands a chance or are just are so caught up in the badge, dealer waiting rooms/showrooms, and their status in society based on the type of car they buy to actually do it.
Fair enough, that's why I said later on (prior to your post)...it was based on the experiences in this thread, not unanimous across the world. But if we're nitpicking, the execs would see it as "biased" data. Honestly, I just don't see how dealerships (in general) can still treat customers like the way they treat me and many others. It's not like I expected to be waited on hand and foot. I just expect professionalism and to be treated as a customer. Rather, I've faced blatant disrespect as well a compete ignorance of what I wanted as a consumer.

The two Cadillac dealers that were responsible were both in NJ:

Malouf Cadillac in North Brunswick
Coleman Cadillac in Lawrenceville - same dealer that refused the Corvette test drive

And am I brand conscious? I could care less. I buy what is best for the money from both objective (Edmunds, CR, NHSTA) and subjective (test drive, looks, "feel"). But believe it or not, if the dealership treats me poorly, I don't go back. I don't need to beg or placate someone so they can sell ME something.

I personally give other brands a chance; to not give other brands a chance is ignorance.

My $0.02.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 10:47 AM   #101
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe your area? I recently drove a new Camaro SS & they had to pull it out of the showroom for the drive. No one gave me any attitude.
It might be man.... I just really cooked my goat. It's not like I'm some punk kid. I've got the money and I've always had decent cars.

Where you at? Maybe I can go to your stores?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 10:54 AM   #102
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It might be man.... I just really cooked my goat. It's not like I'm some punk kid. I've got the money and I've always had decent cars.

Where you at? Maybe I can go to your stores?
I'm in PA.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 10:57 AM   #103
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm in PA.
Whereabouts? Cuz once my leg heals up I'm going to your neck of the woods to test drive some cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 11:16 AM   #104
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Whereabouts? Cuz once my leg heals up I'm going to your neck of the woods to test drive some cars.
Aren't you in TX? Quite a hike just for test drives.

I'm near King of Prussia.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 11:17 AM   #105
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Aren't you in TX? Quite a hike just for test drives.

I'm near King of Prussia.
I work out of TX but split my time in NJ.

I know King of Prussia! That Wegmans is the shit!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 11:23 AM   #106
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I work out of TX but split my time in NJ.

I know King of Prussia! That Wegmans is the shit!
Wegman's is overrated. Stay away from that place on a Saturday. Holy fuck...

& if you haven't already been in a modded C6Z by then, I'll take ya for a ride.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 11:27 AM   #107
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wegman's is overrated. Stay away from that place on a Saturday. Holy fuck...

& if you haven't already been in a modded C6Z by then, I'll take ya for a ride.
Deal!

I went there for lunch on a weekday during a site visit.
Appreciate 1
      05-04-2016, 01:28 PM   #108
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Which dealer? I'm right near KoP.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #109
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
Which dealer? I'm right near KoP.
Roberts Chevy in Exton.

Now if only the salesman followed up with me after the visit. That's dropping the ball!

Even the GT-R salesman @ Nissan down the road never followed up with me. Unreal.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 02:02 PM   #110
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
This was the reason the Chevy dealer gave me for not letting me test drive the Vette. I got an M5 as a result.

"Our Corvette buyer prefer 0 miles and buy the cars without rest driving them because they know it's what they want. We don't test drive Corvettes."

As a consolation, they offered to let me test a used Vette that wasn't even the same trim. I was looking at a Z06, the used car was a base automatic Convertible.

I was like, "I need to drive a car before I decide to spend money on it." To me, anyone who makes ANY purchase without empirical research (test driving is one key input), is just stupid.

Sorry to all the Corvette guys whom have purchased their Vettes without testing them first.
I have got to know which dealership this was ... because I will never, never, ever buy anything from it or any dealership affiliated with it ever again, and I will encourage my friends to treat it the same.

PM me if you feel more comfortable. But refusing a test drive on the basis of a customer not needing one is like buying a suit without trying it on. It's patently inane from a sales standpoint.

"You have a bunch on the lot and they're not sold, don't you? So, why can't I drive it, again?"
Appreciate 0