M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Camry gets AWD but only with I4

11-18-2019, 01:36 PM   #23
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
I think about a Camry as much as my washing machine. Both are equally important appliances but I wouldn't brag about either one of them. However, I think my washing machine has a better looking grille.
When I had an MR2 project car I was frequently at the dealership ordering little parts here and there. One thing I noticed is that being at a Toyota dealership is a little like being at a senior citizen center and everywhere you looked was bland car after bland car. It's probably no coincidence Toyota has made the styling a little edgier on the current Camry and Corolla as you need vehicles that appeal to younger buyers.
They need to make them faster. After the fast lane car video with the Camry V6 losing to the accord I want to see if the IS350 can beat the accord lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 09:42 AM   #24
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
They need to make them faster. After the fast lane car video with the Camry V6 losing to the accord I want to see if the IS350 can beat the accord lol.
Yup, they need some power & handling & not FWD
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 10:33 AM   #25
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

If I needed a land yacht, I'd have a manual Accord "Sport" without even considering the Toyota.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 10:37 AM   #26
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
If I needed a land yacht, I'd have a manual Accord "Sport" without even considering the Toyota.
That's crazy that the accord still comes with a manual and not the 3 or 5 series. It's a family sedan yet BMW can't put manuals in their sports sedans.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 10:39 AM   #27
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
That's crazy that the accord still comes with a manual and not the 3 or 5 series. It's a family sedan yet BMW can't put manuals in their sports sedans.
Honda also makes EPS thats not terrible. Of course they've been doing it since the 3.2L NSX and the S2k.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 04:40 PM   #28
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

Quote:
I still think Honda has the best shifter feel in the car industry.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 06:07 PM   #29
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
Quote:
For a cable. Lots of rod and direct setups feel better. BMW has gotten better recently but is still well behind even a Fit/Jazz. And of course they're doing their best to not offer them anymore. It's becoming a Honda, Porsche, Mazda party, with some occasional visitors.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2019, 05:13 PM   #30
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
Quote:
For a cable. Lots of rod and direct setups feel better. BMW has gotten better recently but is still well behind even a Fit/Jazz. And of course they're doing their best to not offer them anymore. It's becoming a Honda, Porsche, Mazda party, with some occasional visitors.
Mustang still has manual shifters but not in the GT 500.
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4462.00