M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion M850i Gran Coupe Tire Sizes

Yesterday, 07:08 AM   #1
AUHM850i
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i

M850i Gran Coupe Tire Sizes

Sorry for the noob question.

I bought my car from the dealership and it came with 245/35 R20 up front and 275/30 R20 at the rear.

The label on the doorsill gives so many options I don't quite understand whether my current tire setup is good/bad/right/wrong/fine.

Can someone please guide me and let me know if my current setup is fine or if I should change my tires?

Last edited by AUHM850i; Yesterday at 07:09 AM.. Reason: image
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:06 AM   #2
Darth Rust
Rep
Drives: BMW

Those are the same tires sizes that came on my M850 in North America with 895M wheels; I don't know if the 840i uses the same sizes, but it would be thoroughly unsurprising. I believe an M8 has wider wheels than that. There should also be a build sheet that came with the car that will call out a specific wheel that was sold with the car that can be looked up. I'm with you in that the way to read that door placard escapes me, very unclear what to do with 4 numbers for one wheel. However, the on-board computer should give specifics of what it's detecting.

One way to check is to go into the BMW build-your-own configurator and if the wheel style on your car is available there, it's fine. You can also look for sizes at places like TireRack.com, and if your sizes are showing up as a year/model match, then it's also likely fine. Plus, if it came from a reputable BMW-branded dealership, it's also likely just fine.

Last edited by Darth Rust; Yesterday at 08:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:28 AM   #3
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Here's my north american sticker. The tires you have are what we get OEM here. 8" wide fronts and 9" wide rears.
Name:  20240427_075136.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  226.7 KB

Your sticker does not include this combination. On your sticker, the upper left would be a 19" square set with a 40 profile tire for mud and snow. Same as an M550. Use this when it snows in Abu Dhabi. Although if it does, we've got bigger problems in the world. I have done this setup. Didn't like it for a minute.

The lower left is just the OEM 245/19 M+S front paired with an OEM 275/20 rear. Weird combination.

The upper right is just the OEM 245/20 front paired with an OEM 275/19 M+S rear. Even weirder combination.

Looks like they should have paired the staggered 19s together and the staggered 20s together.

You have the right tires and wheels - unless it's snowing
Appreciate 0