M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion SPX or Braum or other seat: M8/M850 coupes

12-03-2023, 10:37 AM   #1
Dasky_spas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw

SPX or Braum or other seat: M8/M850 coupes

My driver seat heater completely failed so rather than dissasembling,paying for parts and labor, I'm thinking to swap in better seats. My car is fairly modified with KW V3 just installed and custom forged wheels on the way. I'm thinking the Spx seats or getting Braum Facon S and getting them upholstered in bmw leather and alcantara, attempting to match oem style. The spx seats already have high end finishing but the leather color and the suede doesn't match bmw; It's a dark gray and lighter black leather.

The Recaro entire lineup are made for shorter folks, (under 5'9) so as nice as the CS and the Sport C look, they are not made for me ( athletic 6'2). The oem backrest seems to be roughly 33"-34" so I wanted to keep that height. I looked at some more extreme options like full carbon fixed buckets but not sure how that will fit the look of the car. I just refuse to pay 10 to 15k for 2 bmw bucket seats.

Thoughts on going the SPX route or even custom Baum -has anyone gone this route?
Appreciate 0