M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board The Sports Lounge RIP Kobe Bryant 1978-2020

01-30-2020, 09:09 AM   #111
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

[QUOTE=Anthony1s;25746882]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post

The evidence that I have is his wife citing that the number one reason for their divorce, then posting on twitter that he was still cheating a year ago.

Those cheating statistics in my experience, make people less willing to marry and trust their spouse, to trust and admire the opposite sex, etc etc.
Which I feel helps perpetuate things like feminism, and anti-men movements, and metoo movements, etc etc. It certainly doesn't help them.

I still struggle with trust issues, because I've watched my entire family (parents and aunts and uncles) all divorce by the time I was 17. Which influenced the relationships with the only two girlfriends I had, in that I wouldn't get close to them because "you're just gonna leave" and I don't speak up for my needs in a relationship because my needs, even to this day are ignored and when I speak up about needs I get responded with argument about why I don't need those things. Which is kinda a different topic I won't get into. But you get the point.
So you clearly have a lot of concern about infidelity, I don't care about Bryant's infidelity frankly because I don't have the energy to worry about some rich famous person cheating as it doesn't effect me. The only point I was trying to make was that the folks that are holding him out as some kind of saint need to know that he isn't and that if you hold someone out to be something they are not they shouldn't be surprised when it get's point out that he isn't. I find it surprising how many people are willing to completely ignore his misdeeds.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 09:27 AM   #112
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

[QUOTE=Salty Dog;25746924]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post

So you clearly have a lot of concern about infidelity, I don't care about Bryant's infidelity frankly because I don't have the energy to worry about some rich famous person cheating as it doesn't effect me. The only point I was trying to make was that the folks that are holding him out as some kind of saint need to know that he isn't and that if you hold someone out to be something they are not they shouldn't be surprised when it get's point out that he isn't. I find it surprising how many people are willing to completely ignore his misdeeds.
Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say "The only point I was trying to make was that the folks that are holding him out as some kind of saint need to know that he isn't and that if you hold someone out to be something they are not they shouldn't be surprised when it get's point out that he isn't."

Specifically, why do people need to know that he wasn't a saint? And why is it important/dangerous for someone to idolize someone who isn't as good as they appear? I'm trying to understand why the points you are trying to make are important to you.

As far as the infidelity of famous people not affecting you. I think it may more than you think. I'm kinda running late right now and don't have time to explain, I think my previous comments explain some of it, but if you want me to explain further let me know.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 09:53 AM   #113
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

[QUOTE=Salty Dog;25746924]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post

I think reading through this thread the same can be said that some people are just focusing on his misdeeds. So it becomes an argument of his sins vs his philanthropy work. Personally I feel like the young Kobe was an ass that made very poor decisions. But by age 41 he had matured and seemed more humble. He was doing good things for different organizations and was just getting started. But some people don't care about his philanthropy work and just want to focus on his mistakes. So your point seems to work both ways.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 09:58 AM   #114
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

[QUOTE=Anthony1s;25746992]
Quote:

Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say "The only point I was trying to make was that the folks that are holding him out as some kind of saint need to know that he isn't and that if you hold someone out to be something they are not they shouldn't be surprised when it get's point out that he isn't."

Specifically, why do people need to know that he wasn't a saint? And why is it important/dangerous for someone to idolize someone who isn't as good as they appear? I'm trying to understand why the points you are trying to make are important to you.

As far as the infidelity of famous people not affecting you. I think it may more than you think. I'm kinda running late right now and don't have time to explain, I think my previous comments explain some of it, but if you want me to explain further let me know.
I should have worded that differently. Bryant was a great basketball player, outstanding business man and seemingly good father. Folks want to remember him for that, and that's not my issue. It seems to be an effort to bury the sexual assault in Colorado. And when it's brought up some folks seem to lose their minds defending him. I don't understand that I'm afraid.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2020, 10:18 PM   #115
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Lakers did a great job with the tribute to the lives that were lost.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
AlterZgo1537.50
tigermack466.00
      02-01-2020, 01:10 AM   #116
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
I should have worded that differently. Bryant was a great basketball player, outstanding business man and seemingly good father. Folks want to remember him for that, and that's not my issue. It seems to be an effort to bury the "alleged" sexual assault in Colorado. And when it's brought up some folks seem to lose their minds defending him. I don't understand that I'm afraid.
Fixed that for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 01:44 AM   #117
PURE340i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i & 2011 335d

Watched Kobe play since 1998 with Jordan. Kobe was special.... he brought our family together with nothing, but joy and screaming every time the Lakers were whopping everyone's ass.... fun times when they won a few championship games. Very unfortunate and sad. I did drop some tears when i heard the news. Legends never die.... MAMBA forever!
Appreciate 2
      02-01-2020, 03:46 AM   #118
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Here are some interesting coincidences.

Kobe passed away at the age of 41.
Kobe checked out of his final game with 4.1 seconds left.
Kobe’s last jump shot ever... guarded by #41 Trey Lyles.
#41 Trey Lyles last person to shoot the ball in that game
Kobe's points in last game 60. 101-60 = 41
His helicopter took off at 9:06am and crashed at 9:47am.... That’s 41 mins.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #119
bimmerguy1210
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURE340i View Post
Watched Kobe play since 1998 with Jordan. Kobe was special.... he brought our family together with nothing, but joy and screaming every time the Lakers were whopping everyone's ass.... fun times when they won a few championship games. Very unfortunate and sad. I did drop some tears when i heard the news. Legends never die.... MAMBA forever!
Watching Kobe throughout the years was special. I was born n raised in LA and heavily into playing/watching basketball so the news was heart-breaking. It felt like a family member passed away. But like you said, legends never die. The MAMBA lives forever!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 02:31 PM   #120
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

There is this radio announcer who night after night kept saying how deeply this hurts him. Kinda got old. I twittered him and told him he should seek counselling...and what is he going to do if his favorite goldfish dies.

I am not heartless but neither can I grieve for a person I don't even know.
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3572.50
F30lolz6798.50
      02-01-2020, 02:58 PM   #121
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Ha radio host saying they predicted it by having a dream about a volcano. No clue how that relates, text them that they were idiots to keep telling this story on air.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2020, 03:21 PM   #122
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerguy1210 View Post
Watching Kobe throughout the years was special. I was born n raised in LA and heavily into playing/watching basketball so the news was heart-breaking. It felt like a family member passed away. But like you said, legends never die. The MAMBA lives forever!
Seriously, you'd equate Kobe (a guy you never met) dying to say losing your wife or one of your kids?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 01:29 AM   #123
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

The death of any athlete will never equate to loosing a family member.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50
      02-06-2020, 01:07 PM   #124
Fade_The_Public
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 320i

I'm positive the defenders are sports fans that watched him get cherry picked from high-school at 17 and the haters are the ones that are not sports fans at all.

The sports demographic (myself included) literally watched this kid grow up in front of our eyes. It is similar to losing a friend that you watched growing up as a teenager, young adult to mature 41yr old father. For the demographic that don't understand this, you probably never will unless you followed sports as intently as I did during his career. Trust me...this is a heavy loss for the community.

For those of you that don't share the same sentiment as I do, there's no point in arguing with you on whether or not Kobe did or didn't have consensual sex the plaintiff. Pay your respects or keep your opinions to yourself (yes because they are OPINIONS). The man was an absolute legend on and off the court.
Appreciate 4
tigermack466.00
hellrotm4142.50
pz6193274.00
      02-06-2020, 01:53 PM   #125
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
^ this or just stfu and keep on trucking. lol like when Prince died, I felt nothing, but many felt it through their veins. I never said anything about it and be like omg get over it, you never met him.

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 1
hellrotm4142.50
      02-09-2020, 10:32 PM   #126
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade_The_Public View Post
I'm positive the defenders are sports fans that watched him get cherry picked from high-school at 17 and the haters are the ones that are not sports fans at all.

The sports demographic (myself included) literally watched this kid grow up in front of our eyes. It is similar to losing a friend that you watched growing up as a teenager, young adult to mature 41yr old father. For the demographic that don't understand this, you probably never will unless you followed sports as intently as I did during his career. Trust me...this is a heavy loss for the community.

For those of you that don't share the same sentiment as I do, there's no point in arguing with you on whether or not Kobe did or didn't have consensual sex the plaintiff. Pay your respects or keep your opinions to yourself (yes because they are OPINIONS). The man was an absolute legend on and off the court.
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2020, 10:39 PM   #127
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

people will do anything to stain his name; to pacify their own inadequacies. oh he accomplished so much more than I could; why am I such a lazy fuck...oh he rapes people; oh hes a bad teammates. FOH most can't even understand his mindset let alone achieve that level of focus and dedication
Appreciate 1
tigermack466.00
      02-24-2020, 09:36 PM   #128
hellrotm
Banned
Rep

MJ"s farewell speech to Kobe today was perfect, thanks MJ.
Appreciate 0