M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) F1 newest race in April 2020 in Hanoi, Vietnam

03-06-2019, 11:11 AM   #1
WestRace
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

F1 newest race in April 2020 in Hanoi, Vietnam

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/ha...t-3889874.html
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Interesting! I'm sure the scale isn't the same, but the layout sort of reminds me of the old Hockenheim circuit. (not so much the overall look, just the multiple long straights)

Boy do I miss that race.
Appreciate 1
EdM53854.50
      03-06-2019, 01:34 PM   #3
3798j
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [0.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'19 VW Golf "R ...  [0.00]
I wish Liberty would have more concern for the financial success of its existing venues. It's said the best attended race is the British Grand Prix, and host Silverstone says it loses money.
Five Grand Prix contracts expire this year. They are the ones for races in Britain, Germany, Italy, Mexico and Spain.
"Mexico’s government has given the red light to funding its race whilst Automobile Club d’Italia president Angelo Sticchi Damiani has described the Italian Grand Prix as being “not sustainable in the long term” due to heavy losses. Likewise, the deputy mayor of Barcelona, where the Spanish Grand Prix takes place, has said that “Formula One is not a priority.” Even F1’s oldest race, the British Grand Prix, is on track to depart after 2019 as organizers broke their contract seven years early due to accelerating losses."
Last week Forbes had this article on Liberty and the F1 financial picture: https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2.../#48fecec3b5c1
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00
      03-25-2019, 04:32 PM   #4
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
I wish Liberty would have more concern for the financial success of its existing venues. It's said the best attended race is the British Grand Prix, and host Silverstone says it loses money.
Five Grand Prix contracts expire this year. They are the ones for races in Britain, Germany, Italy, Mexico and Spain.
"Mexico’s government has given the red light to funding its race whilst Automobile Club d’Italia president Angelo Sticchi Damiani has described the Italian Grand Prix as being “not sustainable in the long term” due to heavy losses. Likewise, the deputy mayor of Barcelona, where the Spanish Grand Prix takes place, has said that “Formula One is not a priority.” Even F1’s oldest race, the British Grand Prix, is on track to depart after 2019 as organizers broke their contract seven years early due to accelerating losses."
Last week Forbes had this article on Liberty and the F1 financial picture: https://www.forbes.com/sites/csylt/2.../#48fecec3b5c1
Totally agree. Treating circuits as just a source of revenue, highest bidder gets the business, will damage the fan base every bit as much as hiding coverage behind “subscription only paywall” is doing. Frankly some of the street circuits are boring and that imho includes Monaco. F1 should be about speed, handling and driving skill not tyre management, fuel management and position on the grid determines 90% of the outcome. Monaco worked because it was almost the exception and the atmosphere compensated for the lack of overtaking. I am not looking forward to another street circuit just because it’s a tourism draw.
Appreciate 0