M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Tesla Cybertruck is a technological marvel

12-22-2023, 11:27 AM   #67
eugenebmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, G22 M440, E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DravitPlay View Post
Mark my words: You’ll come to regret it when AI decides you’re driving style is causing extraneous climate issues and 10MPH is all you’re getting today.
Have you watch the Netflix movie Leave the world behind? I hope I kick the bucket before that day come.
Appreciate 2
MmmmmM22588.50
      12-23-2023, 12:36 AM   #68
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilibrandt View Post
A truck.

With a frame made out of 1/8" stainless steel.

History is doomed to repeat itself, eh?

There's a reason why we stopped making steel frame vehicles in the 30s. I can't fathom why any sane individual would think a stainless steel fridge is even remotely safe to drive, regardless of ICE or EV powertrain. The thing sounds like and supposedly is an absolute death trap. Unless crumple zones are for chumps or something.

I can see it now: who needs a crumple zone when you have autonomous driving preventing crashes? *yawn*
You do realize that the four safest cars ever made are Teslas, right? Just making sure.

The CT will likely be the safest car money can buy once all the tests are published.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 05:24 AM   #69
NikMN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 n63tu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
You do realize that the four safest cars ever made are Teslas, right? Just making sure.

The CT will likely be the safest car money can buy once all the tests are published.
You do realize that owner of tesla is a 🤬 👶 and if he has a tantrum and bricks all of them. When what?
Appreciate 1
eugenebmw1480.50
      12-23-2023, 10:41 AM   #70
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikMN View Post
You do realize that owner of tesla is a 🤬 👶 and if he has a tantrum and bricks all of them. When what?
It's a public company...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 11:40 AM   #71
kyriian
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
It's a public company...
Considering the spat the ‘owner’ had with Disney and proceed to prevent all Teslas from seeing Disney to the dismay of parents everywhere just out of the blue, I’m not sure the ‘public’ company fact really matters. Your Tesla is driven by one man’s mood.

https://electrek.co/2023/12/18/tesla...beef-bob-iger/

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 2
KRS_SN13537.00
eugenebmw1480.50
      12-23-2023, 11:47 AM   #72
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
Considering the spat the ‘owner’ had with Disney and proceed to prevent all Teslas from seeing Disney to the dismay of parents everywhere just out of the blue, I’m not sure the ‘public’ company fact really matters. Your Tesla is driven by one man’s mood.

https://electrek.co/2023/12/18/tesla...beef-bob-iger/
OMG you are totally right, bricked. The Cayenne must be bricked also since it's never been able to stream anything. I'm fucked!

I'm guessing the 'owners' of Amazon and Apple must be 🤬 👶 also because I clearly remember when Apple wouldn't allow prime video on their AppleTV and Amazon wouldn't sell AppleTVs. Those crazy 🤬 👶!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 01:22 PM   #73
Michachael
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

I have a reservation since 2021, and will wait patiently until Cybertruck launches in Switzerland. So looking forward… And I have enough time to convince my wife :-)
Appreciate 2
gblansten1976.50
Efthreeoh17313.50
      12-23-2023, 02:25 PM   #74
Th3Walrus
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC Alpine White/Sahkir

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Safest for itself, not the occupants.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 06:21 PM   #75
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th3Walrus View Post
Safest for itself, not the occupants.
That’s not really how safety tests work, but if you say so.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 01:55 PM   #76
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

The Cybertruck is retarded.

It’s literally the ultimate “hey look at me” truck and we have a whole thread of people who want to buy it show, trying to convince other people it’s cool.

Buy it if you want, no sweat off our backs, but to us (me) you’ll always look like a easily impressionable joke that has more money than sense.
Appreciate 3
eugenebmw1480.50
sbc-yyc84.00
      12-24-2023, 02:37 PM   #77
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

The success of Tesla Cybertruck will eventually be measured using the same metrics as any other vehicle: sales, market share, profitability (which is unlikely to be made public).

If the vehicle is not profitable, Tesla may very well reclassify the entire investment in Cybertruck as a marketing expense instead and argue in tax courts for decades why it makes absolute sense and why the current tax code is woefully obsolete.

Nevertheless, it's helpful to remember that Judge Dredd - a 1995 movie starring Sylvester Stalone - eventually generated $113 million worldwide. It was slightly profitable with a budget of $90 million.

Should an unnamed studio decide to remake Judge Dredd, there isn't any need to build any special purposes futuristic vehicles. Tesla Cybertruck will be perfect. Profitability of the upcoming Judge Dredd sequel: likely to be the same flop with Cybertruck failing to make the movie profitable or able to attract more buyers.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 02:43 PM   #78
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
The Cybertruck is retarded.

It’s literally the ultimate “hey look at me” truck and we have a whole thread of people who want to buy it show, trying to convince other people it’s cool.

Buy it if you want, no sweat off our backs, but to us (me) you’ll always look like a easily impressionable joke that has more money than sense.
How old are you?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 03:31 PM   #79
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
How old are you?
Closer to 40 than I am 20.
      12-24-2023, 03:33 PM   #80
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Closer to 40 than I am 20.
Ok.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 03:57 PM   #81
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Not my cup of tea. It's beyond atrocious looking, and I can already see build quality being a major issue with this thing. Every picture/video I've seen so far shows a vehicle with body panel spacing worse than anything I've ever seen, and I imagine it's even worse in person. If I were in the market for an EV there is no way I'd buy anything Tesla now that virtually all legacy manufacturers have EVs available in almost every segment out there.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 06:51 PM   #82
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Not my cup of tea. It's beyond atrocious looking, and I can already see build quality being a major issue with this thing. Every picture/video I've seen so far shows a vehicle with body panel spacing worse than anything I've ever seen, and I imagine it's even worse in person. If I were in the market for an EV there is no way I'd buy anything Tesla now that virtually all legacy manufacturers have EVs available in almost every segment out there.
It’s not about being a good product, it’s about showing off. This whole thread would make Tesla marketing aroused with how people are willing to shill on their behalf (and not get paid!)

They are trying to convince us that it’s a cool product and to be happy/proud of them for buying it.
Donatello.1083.50
      12-25-2023, 12:50 AM   #83
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It’s not about being a good product, it’s about showing off. This whole thread would make Tesla marketing aroused with how people are willing to shill on their behalf (and not get paid!)

They are trying to convince us that it’s a cool product and to be happy/proud of them for buying it.
So people talking about a new car on.... a car forum is now considered shilling. Good to know. You should really consider charging for the wisdom you're throwing out there. Honestly, your wisdom and insights are a treasure to humanity!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2023, 10:14 AM   #84
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
So people talking about a new car on.... a car forum is now considered shilling. Good to know. You should really consider charging for the wisdom you're throwing out there. Honestly, your wisdom and insights are a treasure to humanity!
Glad you think so.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 08:25 AM   #85
kyriian
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
Quote:
OMG you are totally right, bricked. The Cayenne must be bricked also since it's never been able to stream anything. I'm fucked!

I'm guessing the 'owners' of Amazon and Apple must be �� �� also because I clearly remember when Apple wouldn't allow prime video on their AppleTV and Amazon wouldn't sell AppleTVs. Those crazy �� ��!!!
Wow, much emoticons, such knee jerk reaction!

Now let's deal with your... comment, which is nothing more than knee-jerk reaction, so typical of a Muskrat like yourself

Porsche/VW Group CEO Oliver Blume isn't running around saying he will fight another auto company's CEO for building a competitor, only to have his mommy say he can't fight. He isn't going around saying he will build a submarine to save some kids in a Thai cave, only to then call the actual rescuer a pedo (with no evidence btw). Unlike Elon Musk, he does not have a knee-jerk reaction to anything against him or his companies, and certainly do not announce it publicly, because like almost all other companies and their CEOs, decisions take empirical and statistical data, not emotional response which seems to be Elon's specialty.

Apple TV vs. Amazon comparison you made is laughable... the product you mentioned specifically, Apple TV and Prime TV are DIRECT competitors.

I do not recall Disney making cars, or charging stations
I do not recall Tesla owning hotels, amusement parks, or a vast array of TV/Movie/Music studios
The two exists on vastly different markets, selling vastly different things.

Disney decides to suspend ad sales on Elon's non public company
Elon's standard knee-jerk reaction to this is to affect the products in his own public company. The entire thing happened all in chronological order, all in one month. It's not a decision against a competitor as I have stated, it was against a non competitor that happens to have an app in his product. A wildly popular one at that to a large part of his customer base.

Are you able to say, that disabling access to Disney+ isn't based on an emotional and knee-jerk reaction from ONE PERSON for another company's internal marketing spending decisions? A decision Disney made that likely had statistical backing, and deciding that the loss of revenue from the spending on X is worth it to retain the company's own image?

Merry Christmas to you.

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13537.00
      12-27-2023, 08:56 AM   #86
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep

On a side note the group buy for the Muskrat t-shirts has come in. Make sure to let me know your sizes again as I seem to have lost this list.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2023, 11:49 AM   #87
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
Wow, much emoticons, such knee jerk reaction!

Now let's deal with your... comment, which is nothing more than knee-jerk reaction, so typical of a Muskrat like yourself

Porsche/VW Group CEO Oliver Blume isn't running around saying he will fight another auto company's CEO for building a competitor, only to have his mommy say he can't fight. He isn't going around saying he will build a submarine to save some kids in a Thai cave, only to then call the actual rescuer a pedo (with no evidence btw). Unlike Elon Musk, he does not have a knee-jerk reaction to anything against him or his companies, and certainly do not announce it publicly, because like almost all other companies and their CEOs, decisions take empirical and statistical data, not emotional response which seems to be Elon's specialty.

Apple TV vs. Amazon comparison you made is laughable... the product you mentioned specifically, Apple TV and Prime TV are DIRECT competitors.

I do not recall Disney making cars, or charging stations
I do not recall Tesla owning hotels, amusement parks, or a vast array of TV/Movie/Music studios
The two exists on vastly different markets, selling vastly different things.

Disney decides to suspend ad sales on Elon's non public company
Elon's standard knee-jerk reaction to this is to affect the products in his own public company. The entire thing happened all in chronological order, all in one month. It's not a decision against a competitor as I have stated, it was against a non competitor that happens to have an app in his product. A wildly popular one at that to a large part of his customer base.

Are you able to say, that disabling access to Disney+ isn't based on an emotional and knee-jerk reaction from ONE PERSON for another company's internal marketing spending decisions? A decision Disney made that likely had statistical backing, and deciding that the loss of revenue from the spending on X is worth it to retain the company's own image?

Merry Christmas to you.
I'm simply using the same emoticons the OP used to describe Musk... as I have no idea what 🤬 👶 means. Please at least try to follow the conversation if you're going to get involved.

Second I don't give two shits about Musk. However it's telling that you assume I'm a "Muskrat" just because I don't agree with everything and anything negative that is said about the guy.

The guy is crazy, I'm sure a few hundred billion will do that to a lot of people. I feel fairly confident there's a lot of crazy billionaire CEOs out there. Unfortunately for Musk he has decided to be very public about his craziness. If Musk weren't so public and on everyone's radar only the 3 people who watch TV in their Tesla would have even noticed or cared about Disney+.

Yet crazy as he may be it doesn't mean I have to agree with everything anyone says about the guy... like he's going to brick all Teslas just because... which was the entire point I was addressing. I know, I know... we want everything to be black and white. Musk is either Jesus reborn and you're a "Muskrat" or he's the devil incarnate and must be burned at the stake by the anti Musk cult, unfortunately that's not how the world works. He's just a guy, sometimes he wrong about shit, sometimes he's right, sometimes he does crazy shit I don't like and sometimes he does crazy shit I like.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2024, 08:52 AM   #88
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
I'm simply using the same emoticons the OP used to describe Musk... as I have no idea what �� �� means. Please at least try to follow the conversation if you're going to get involved.

Second I don't give two shits about Musk. However it's telling that you assume I'm a "Muskrat" just because I don't agree with everything and anything negative that is said about the guy.

The guy is crazy, I'm sure a few hundred billion will do that to a lot of people. I feel fairly confident there's a lot of crazy billionaire CEOs out there. Unfortunately for Musk he has decided to be very public about his craziness. If Musk weren't so public and on everyone's radar only the 3 people who watch TV in their Tesla would have even noticed or cared about Disney+.

Yet crazy as he may be it doesn't mean I have to agree with everything anyone says about the guy... like he's going to brick all Teslas just because... which was the entire point I was addressing. I know, I know... we want everything to be black and white. Musk is either Jesus reborn and you're a "Muskrat" or he's the devil incarnate and must be burned at the stake by the anti Musk cult, unfortunately that's not how the world works. He's just a guy, sometimes he wrong about shit, sometimes he's right, sometimes he does crazy shit I don't like and sometimes he does crazy shit I like.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
I just watched most of Leno's video on the Cybertruck. It was even better than Cammisa's. Leno has the lead designer and the lead engineer who were responsible for developing the Cybertruck. The Leno video is even more enlightening on the technology in the Cybertruck. It has a water fording mode. The mode lifts the suspension to the max of 17 inches and pressurizes the HVB to keep water from entering the battery case. My takeaway from Leno's video is "how great it would be to be an engineer at a Musk company".

We can all say Musk is crazy or brash or whatever, but the man creates companies that launch its own near earth satellite internet constellation, which outperform the existing sat internet offerings, builds rocket sections that land for reuse, and a company that is the leader in EV engineering. He is genius at using human capital to its utmost capability. It's pretty damned impressive from a business perspective.

People thought Henry Ford was crazy too. Others wanted Ford to run for President.

I may come over to the dark side (but I will bring my Surefire P2X with me).
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 01-01-2024 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 2