M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion some question on high milage M850i

09-18-2024, 02:34 PM   #1
Peter Z
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M850I

Question some question on high milage M850i

Hey guys I have a used 2019 m850i cov, and it my first G series bmw car. As my daily car I drive it for class,daily commute and road trip, it been half year since I bought it and it about to reach 50000 miles. Can anyone share their experience of their car so that I can be prepare for everything including maintenance or mechanic issue? Right now the issues I met are the coolant cap (they are plastic which is stupid) and the automatic trunk lifting problem (sensor problem) and the OEM wheel is easy to damaged because the heavy weight. Other than that all good, drive smoothly and I love it. Plan to do a transmission fluid change around 52000 miles. Haven't seen much post with high mileage 8 series so I try to find someone do, wish can keep longer until I graduate from college. Thanks ahead
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:55 AM   #2
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Z View Post
Hey guys I have a used 2019 m850i cov, and it my first G series bmw car. As my daily car I drive it for class,daily commute and road trip, it been half year since I bought it and it about to reach 50000 miles. Can anyone share their experience of their car so that I can be prepare for everything including maintenance or mechanic issue? Right now the issues I met are the coolant cap (they are plastic which is stupid) and the automatic trunk lifting problem (sensor problem) and the OEM wheel is easy to damaged because the heavy weight. Other than that all good, drive smoothly and I love it. Plan to do a transmission fluid change around 52000 miles. Haven't seen much post with high mileage 8 series so I try to find someone do, wish can keep longer until I graduate from college. Thanks ahead
No M8 experience but with cars ranging from a new Ford Tempo to a new M2 and owning/driving new cars from 4 months to 16 years, from 7K miles to 317K miles just stay on top of servicing. At least follow the factory schedule. This is more than just oil/filter services.

You can't know what will go wrong only that as the car accumulates miles things will go wrong. My experience over the years: From wheel bearing to diff axle flange seals. From head light bulb to automatic rear spoiler. From brakes to a leaking soft top.

Pay attention to the car. You will often get a clue that something's not right. Promptly diagnose the problem/have it diagnosed then address the problem.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:33 AM   #3
Molez93
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850, 2006 Z4M

I have not yet done research on our specific trans, but am pretty confident ZF's typical service recommendation is a fluid & filter change at 60-80k.
Appreciate 0