M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion How to reference boost pressure for meth injection install

03-30-2023, 08:03 AM   #1
biggledeeznutz
Registered
Rep
Drives: M8 competition Gran coupe

How to reference boost pressure for meth injection install

Hi!!! I am new here, I have been lurking behind the shadows for a bit, trying to find the info I need but today I have to straight up ask because just cant find the answer.

I have a 2020 M8 Gran coupe comp. I just had a local shop install the CSF charge air coolers and had them attempt to install meth injection. I went with the Snow performance stage 3 controller and a 2.5 gallon tank mounted in the trunk. Anyhow, they ran the boost pressure hose off the cold air intake and it is not reading boost pressure... I believe the air intake would create a vacuum pressure rather than positive pressure which is what I think the controller is looking for. They are saying they had a hard time referencing it because it is electronic. (I am not thrilled with the install and thought they could handle the job but apparently not)

Has anyone installed a similar meth setup? And if so how did you or your shop reference your boost pressure? Any help Is very appreciated!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 01:17 PM   #2
bbradyc5
BMW Noob
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 Comp

If they are trying to reference boost pressure off the actual cold air intake then run the other way and don’t let them touch your car ever again. I’m pretty sure the CSF charge coolers have dual NPT ports so can’t one be used for nozzle and the other be used for a boost reference port?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 02:12 PM   #3
biggledeeznutz
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradyc5 View Post
If they are trying to reference boost pressure off the actual cold air intake then run the other way and don’t let them touch your car ever again. I’m pretty sure the CSF charge coolers have dual NPT ports so can’t one be used for nozzle and the other be used for a boost reference port?

Yes there are two and maybe it is just that easy lol. This is going to sound stupid but couldnt moisture be sucked into the tube for the boost controller if it is mounted next to where the meth is being injected? This was part of the thought process in not installing it there in the first place but perhaps it is not a problem?
I am not planning to have them touch my car again, they are known in my area for tuning high end cars so i thought they were competent but now I am asking on a forum how to do a job that they said they could do.
If all else fails i will just just tuck tail and head into my BMW store and ask them to install it correctly. But I am hoping I can get them to take care of it so it doesnt cost me any more.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2023, 02:27 PM   #4
Tenac
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: All

Another option is call Snow up and they can guide correct location.
2015 M235 Manual
On the list for the M2 CS
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2023, 04:52 PM   #5
biggledeeznutz
Registered
Rep

Yeah i reached out to them with zero luck so far.
Appreciate 0