M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Akra Downpipes - Installer & Recommendation

03-05-2023, 01:16 PM   #1
M8CompSoCal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M8 Competion Coupe

Garage List
Akra Downpipes - Installer & Recommendation

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
From my research on this forum I’m seeing people suggesting opting for the $1,000.00 Akra downpipes for their M8 to make it a bit more lively.

I was wondering if this is all that’s needed or if there’s additional pieces? Furthermore, I was wondering if anyone had a highly recommended installer in Southern California specifically the Orange County area. Pardon my ignorance and I appreciate the help.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12915.50
      03-05-2023, 03:32 PM   #2
TheGreatM8
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Thats how I started on my exhaust. I went with Evolution Race Werks catless for my secondary pipes. Assume they are similar in quality with the Akra? r33_RGSport could help you with that.

Also my BMW service guys gladly installed them without hassling me regarding warranty.

Originally thats all I had while waiting on the full Akra to arrive, so I drove around for a few weeks with that set up and it was fine for those looking for an increase in the throat sound and some extra gurgle too. But like a drug I wanted more lol....

I've heard to just delete the resonator if its just sound you want. Vic55 did this and is happy. Easy on the wallet too.
Appreciate 3
      03-05-2023, 11:08 PM   #3
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by alksion View Post
From my research on this forum I’m seeing people suggesting opting for the $1,000.00 Akra downpipes for their M8 to make it a bit more lively.

I was wondering if this is all that’s needed or if there’s additional pieces? Furthermore, I was wondering if anyone had a highly recommended installer in Southern California specifically the Orange County area. Pardon my ignorance and I appreciate the help.
You wouldn't be able to get Akra DP in Cali.
But, PM me since I have other options.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
      03-06-2023, 07:42 PM   #4
M8CompSoCal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatM8 View Post
Thats how I started on my exhaust. I went with Evolution Race Werks catless for my secondary pipes. Assume they are similar in quality with the Akra? r33_RGSport could help you with that.

Also my BMW service guys gladly installed them without hassling me regarding warranty.

Originally thats all I had while waiting on the full Akra to arrive, so I drove around for a few weeks with that set up and it was fine for those looking for an increase in the throat sound and some extra gurgle too. But like a drug I wanted more lol....

I've heard to just delete the resonator if its just sound you want. Vic55 did this and is happy. Easy on the wallet too.
Thanks for you’re feedback. I really appreciate it.
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12915.50
TheGreatM82169.50
      03-06-2023, 07:48 PM   #5
M8CompSoCal
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yeah the upgraded factory exhaust on my GLE 53 Coupe with an I-6 sounds much better than the M8. So weird.
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12915.50
TheGreatM82169.50