M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion M8 Competition Build, Mission Completed

12-30-2021, 06:16 AM   #23
Ugly Kar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 to C43 Cab to G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebiker View Post
Excellent! Sinister yet not over the top. Such a nicely styled coupe too. The G82 should have been a smaller version of this 🙂
No doubt and/or the G42. This is what a BMW should like like instead of the ugly tack on bits idiot Casas is putting on the cars with these 2 new models.
Appreciate 2
Poiseuille5387.00
HotRodM4682.50
      12-30-2021, 06:51 AM   #24
M8Bimmer
Not a good Canadian sheep!
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEGRITY View Post
Good suggestion, thanks. From what I read in the fine print, the plate has to be screw mounted or it's not compliant. I will ask my dealer again. Cheers!
Well we are a long ways from each other my friend. But here in Canada they don't really care where it is mounted as long as it's on the front somewhere.
Even sitting on the dash seems to keep the cops from pulling you over.
Dealers here only need one rear plate so cops are used to seeing it a bit.
But then they would expect to see the yellow dealer plate on the back.
Some provinces in Canada don't require the front plate.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 07:18 AM   #25
SpeedyATL
Major
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Garage List
2015 Yamaha FZ-09  [10.00]
2018 BMW S1000XR   [9.83]
2018 BMW R1200RT  [10.00]
2023 BMW X4  [7.88]
2022 BMW Z4  [9.78]
Most of the car looks matte while the hood looks glossy. Is that just something going on with the photos? It almost looks like you put stealth PPF on everything except the hood. What am I missing?

Looks nice though.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 03:51 PM   #26
TEGRITY
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M8Bimmer View Post
Quote:
Good suggestion, thanks. From what I read in the fine print, the plate has to be screw mounted or it's not compliant. I will ask my dealer again. Cheers!
Well we are a long ways from each other my friend. But here in Canada they don't really care where it is mounted as long as it's on the front somewhere.
Even sitting on the dash seems to keep the cops from pulling you over.
Dealers here only need one rear plate so cops are used to seeing it a bit.
But then they would expect to see the yellow dealer plate on the back.
Some provinces in Canada don't require the front plate.
Righto. I reconfirmed and it needs to be screw mounted. So going down the painful path.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 04:11 PM   #27
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Excellent! Sinister yet not over the top. Such a nicely styled coupe too. The G82 should have been a smaller version of this 🙂
geez, isn't that the actual truth: an 8 tenths M8? if BMW had done that I'd have one by now, but the way they seem to be headed….I may never sell my six y/o F82.
Appreciate 1
icebiker504.00
      12-30-2021, 04:22 PM   #28
M8Bimmer
Not a good Canadian sheep!
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
geez, isn't that the actual truth: an 8 tenths M8? if BMW had done that I'd have one by now, but the way they seem to be headed….I may never sell my six y/o F82.
What a strange rule really. Possibly to prevent quick removal of a plate??? I don't really understand.
How about this aspect. A tow hook mounted plated does use screws technically. Plus it is secured to the vehicle with a giant bolt. So really that meets the requirements to me. Fastened to the car with steel just like they seem to want. Imo you're good there.
Seems a small technicality to me. Would a cop or judge not agree. It's fastened just as well if not better.
I used this one and it works quite well.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hope that helps cause I would never drill the bumper of my car. I have that BMW oem mount tucked far away never to be used. Big Ugly thing that it is.
But I suppose the reality of it all is we have a plate on the front anyway. At least no holes in a very expensive bumper.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2021, 08:19 PM   #29
Jayf30
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i Dark Graphite Cogn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysoowavy View Post
No Offense But This Isn't A Build. It Looks Stock With Just Some Rims , Front Lip & A Diffuser.
I agree. Rims and some carbon bits qualifies as a "build" now? It's a great looking car but nothing to write home about.
Well if it isn't the build police.

Curious, what else needs to be done to make it a build?. A quick 5 second visit to OPs profile shows he has full Akra exhaust. What's missing? A giant wang?

Plenty of builds make front page with same mods and maybe the only difference being springs. The noticeable difference between this car and those cars.. it's an M8. It doesn't need much to begin with.
Al Pinã1839.50
      12-30-2021, 08:29 PM   #30
Bimmersandmopars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M8 Gran Coupe Comp

Pretty sure this is users IG....

https://instagram.com/buali5686?utm_medium=copy_link
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 02:24 AM   #31
Jaysoowavy
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayf30 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
No Offense But This Isn't A Build. It Looks Stock With Just Some Rims , Front Lip & A Diffuser.
I agree. Rims and some carbon bits qualifies as a "build" now? It's a great looking car but nothing to write home about.

Curious, what else needs to be done to make it a build?. A quick 5 second visit to OPs profile shows he has full Akra exhaust. What's missing? A giant wang?

Plenty of builds make front page with same mods and maybe the only difference being springs. The noticeable difference between this car and those cars.. it's an M8. It doesn't need much to begin with.
But here comes the dick eater 🤣🤣🤣 & just cause he has an exhaust doesn't mean it's a build….. Just Like The Other Car You Talking About. THEY ARE NOT BUILDS. lol There just Bmw's With Some Mods.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 02:49 AM   #32
Jayf30
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But here comes the dick eater 🤣🤣🤣 & just cause he has an exhaust doesn't mean it's a build….. Just Like The Other Car You Talking About. THEY ARE NOT BUILDS. lol There just Bmw With Some Mods.
So I will ask again, build police What is it missing to be a "build"?

Maybe you're new to this but everyone's "build" is, at minimum, same mods. If you're not posting the same comment on every "build" that's made front page, you're just coming off as a hater on this one.

If the car isn't to your taste then just say that, dumbass 🙄
      12-31-2021, 03:02 AM   #33
Jaysoowavy
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But here comes the dick eater 🤣🤣🤣 & just cause he has an exhaust doesn't mean it's a build….. Just Like The Other Car You Talking About. THEY ARE NOT BUILDS. lol There just Bmw With Some Mods.
So I will ask again, build police What is it missing to be a "build"?

Maybe you're new to this but everyone's "build" is, at minimum, same mods. If you're not posting the same comment on every "build" that's made front page, you're just coming off as a hater on this one.

If the car isn't to your taste then just say that, dumbass 🙄
🤣🤣🤣 you sound stupid. A build is when you actually build the motor you corn lol. But ok Im a hater for speaking the truth. 🤷🏽*♂️🤷🏽*♂️& Again The Car Is Clean It's Just Not A Build.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 03:08 AM   #34
Jayf30
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
🤣🤣🤣 you sound stupid. A build is when you actually build the motor you corn lol. But ok Im a hater for speaking the truth. 🤷🏽*♂️🤷🏽*♂️& Again The Car Is Clean It's Just Not A Build.
Lmaoooo your response just told me everything I need to know. I rest my case, build police
      12-31-2021, 04:54 AM   #35
Jaysoowavy
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Lmaoooo your response just told me everything I need to know. I rest my case, build police
Ok….(Dick Eater) 🤣🤣🤣
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 06:10 AM   #36
Jayf30
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok….(Dick Eater) 🤣🤣🤣
Keep replying so I don't forget to keep laughing at how stupid you are 😂
      12-31-2021, 10:39 AM   #37
Ciber
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Oh my oh my. This would save many front bumpers from drilling holes and painful hearts! In AUS, front plates are mandatory and the first thing the dealer would do when you are taking delivery of your car is to drill those bloody holes in front of you on your brand new car. It just pains to watch it. Lol
I told my Dealer to not drill the front bumper. I would and did use a tow hook plate mount. At least it is a not drilled. The plate looks horrible now matter where it goes imo. But You and I are stuck with them.
I told my dealer if they drilled the bumper we had no deal anymore.
They didn't so all was fine. I like the tow hook idea better and am satisfied as best I can be.
Quote:
Quote:
Oh my oh my. This would save many front bumpers from drilling holes and painful hearts! In AUS, front plates are mandatory and the first thing the dealer would do when you are taking delivery of your car is to drill those bloody holes in front of you on your brand new car. It just pains to watch it. Lol
I told my Dealer to not drill the front bumper. I would and did use a tow hook plate mount. At least it is a not drilled. The plate looks horrible now matter where it goes imo. But You and I are stuck with them.
I told my dealer if they drilled the bumper we had no deal anymore.
They didn't so all was fine. I like the tow hook idea better and am satisfied as best I can be.
I have always told the dealers that if they drill the bumper on my car, they can keep it. Driven all over the US east coast and Ontario/Quebec for the last 20 years without a front plate and no issues.
Appreciate 1
LSM1118.00
      12-31-2021, 12:06 PM   #38
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Can we just thank the OP for sharing his most excellent car and not pick at his words (what is with people?)

OP, thanks so much for posting your pics. It is greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 5
icebiker504.00
TargaM22489.00
Poiseuille5387.00
Tenac4537.00
      12-31-2021, 11:14 PM   #39
Mihawk
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

Love this car. Nice!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 12:43 PM   #40
blau.violett.rot
still n0ringZ
Germany
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive Tanzanite

Without matte varnish, she would possibly be even more irresistible even if that is hard to imagine. Stuning beauty!
      01-03-2022, 06:36 PM   #41
M3Dreaming
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Your mods are so clean I cannot tell what changes you made vs what came stock. Looks unreal!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 02:32 PM   #42
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Nice car congratulation!
As a side note, why in your country the license plate is mix match of Arabic word and English numbers?
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 12:37 PM   #43
gtellis
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530

Quote:
It could all be so simple
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2022, 07:15 AM   #44
Rd139
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Nice car congratulation!
As a side note, why in your country the license plate is mix match of Arabic word and English numbers?
Answer is because if we take the car to Any western countries they would be able to read the numbers 🤣 as lot of Middle Easterns take their cars to Europe and police can’t read their plates because they don’t understand what is says🤣 so the owners used to get away with traffic violations but like now it is readable
Appreciate 0