M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Infotainment System Issues

01-12-2022, 03:18 AM   #23
mattgod69
Rep
Drives: 840i Grand Coupe

I just thought I would update everybody. Yesterday, I was due to take the car to the dealership to get the software reset and reinstalled completely. However, quite unbelievably, when I got in the car to go to the dealership the privacy settings dialogue popped up saying that services have been updated and all the apps including Spotify and BMW messages were back.

I can therefore only assume that the download for the update took over a week to complete. The dealership were unaware of the that that you could take this long, which does surprise me somewhat. What is frustrating is that it seems I could have avoided wasting a considerable amount of time resetting and trying to get software to work if I was told that it good to take several days to get already apps back.

Hopefully if anyone else is in similar position, they can at least be rest assured that the car may sort itself out although it can take several days and obviously several hours to download.

Many thanks to everybody you contributed and assisted in helping me.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 05:21 AM   #24
JDS
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 MBB F97 X3MC

Please see my post on the automatic steering wheel and seat heating issues. Same thing happened to me. The functionality disappeared for a few days and then returned, literally mid-drive.

James.
Gone: 2015 F80 M3 - Mineral Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 12:31 PM   #25
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgod69 View Post
I just thought I would update everybody. Yesterday, I was due to take the car to the dealership to get the software reset and reinstalled completely. However, quite unbelievably, when I got in the car to go to the dealership the privacy settings dialogue popped up saying that services have been updated and all the apps including Spotify and BMW messages were back.

I can therefore only assume that the download for the update took over a week to complete. The dealership were unaware of the that that you could take this long, which does surprise me somewhat. What is frustrating is that it seems I could have avoided wasting a considerable amount of time resetting and trying to get software to work if I was told that it good to take several days to get already apps back.

Hopefully if anyone else is in similar position, they can at least be rest assured that the car may sort itself out although it can take several days and obviously several hours to download.

Many thanks to everybody you contributed and assisted in helping me.
As previously mentioned, some of the iDrive software components update out of band from a full OTA update. This includes from my experience the apps and Privacy settings. Granted I've never had the Privacy settings completely disappear as per your experience but I've had at least two updates with iDrive notifications that there were new Privacy settings for my review as I have it selected to allow only those chosen vs the full boat default.
Appreciate 0