M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos limp mode

07-17-2015, 05:36 PM   #1
atinybug
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 335i 6mt

limp mode

But not on a BMW. So recently it's been close to 100 degrees all week, and we have this Mercedes Sprinter van that we use for our business. This week it started having all the symptoms of a limp mode type deal, and I noticed the engine temp was kinda high - 200 degrees!!! (I guess due to the hot weather) So I did a little experiment, I turned the heater on full blast, and lo and behold the engine temp came down and limp mode went away.

My N54's 240 degree operating temp would like to say, WHAT THE EFF MERCEDES!?!? What a giant piece of shit

And before you start wondering what's so bad about limp mode on a delivery van, I'll tell you. I can floor the pedal, and if I start going up a *VERY* slight uphill, the speed will drop down to about 30mph because there's NO FREAKING POWER
Appreciate 0