M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board First World Problems

01-27-2021, 12:00 PM   #2399
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

I resigned from my job today and my boss was not very nice to me about it. As if moving isn't stressful enough.

Oh and I had a nail in the sidewall of my tire this morning. As if moving isn't expensive enough!
Appreciate 3
vreihen1614885.00
GenXer1351.00
Littlebear3508.50
      01-27-2021, 12:06 PM   #2400
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I resigned from my job today and my boss was not very nice to me about it. As if moving isn't stressful enough.

Oh and I had a nail in the sidewall of my tire this morning. As if moving isn't expensive enough!
You may have stated this elsewhere....where to/from?
I think the actual act of moving sucks but the getting to know a new area, new restaurants, sights/etc is very exciting. Luckily I think I have found my home until I take a dirt nap.
Best of luck to you on your new endeavor
Appreciate 1
Sara5775.50
      01-27-2021, 12:12 PM   #2401
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
Not a toy at all. We have both a boom lift and a scissor lift and we couldn't live without one. What we really need is our own portable air compressor. It cost $5k a week to rent one.
We currently have a scissor lift and an 80' boom, but the boom isn't ideal for inside work, 1 - because of it's size and 2 - it's diesel. Once we get our new production line operational, I'm going to request a new scissor lift also. I call it a toy as I'm our company's forklift/heavy equipment trainer and also from my fiber tech installer days, I'm also the guy that pulls most of our cable. I'll be glad to finally have the right tool for the job.

I also managed to snag this gem, brand new for less than $40k. Only because the sales girl is new, not on commission yet and their company is struggling. I came out like a rock star all the way around on this one.

Is that $5k/week for your mobile compressor include fuel? It's been a while since I've rented one.
Appreciate 1
GenXer1351.00
      01-27-2021, 12:15 PM   #2402
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post

Not that it makes being rude ok, but losing good employees is never easy. Good luck with the move and the new job!
Appreciate 1
Sara5775.50
      01-27-2021, 12:18 PM   #2403
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
We currently have a scissor lift and an 80' boom,
80'......hell with that! All you bro
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 12:30 PM   #2404
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
You may have stated this elsewhere....where to/from?
I think the actual act of moving sucks but the getting to know a new area, new restaurants, sights/etc is very exciting. Luckily I think I have found my home until I take a dirt nap.
Best of luck to you on your new endeavor
Currently live in Bethesda, Maryland heading home to Louisiana! I am so excited to be closer to my family. And thank you!
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4467.00
      01-27-2021, 12:32 PM   #2405
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Not that it makes being rude ok, but losing good employees is never easy. Good luck with the move and the new job!
Thank you so much! At first he put me on the defense, having to explain myself on why I was resigning and then arguing with me about it. It got to the point where I said "you're stressing me out, this is my notice." Ugh, onto bigger and better things!
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614885.00
King Rudi13152.00
      01-27-2021, 01:07 PM   #2406
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Today's (and tomorrow's) first World problem:

It's raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock!

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 01:08 PM   #2407
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Quote:
We currently have a scissor lift and an 80' boom, but the boom isn't ideal for inside work, 1 - because of it's size and 2 - it's diesel. Once we get our new production line operational, I'm going to request a new scissor lift also. I call it a toy as I'm our company's forklift/heavy equipment trainer and also from my fiber tech installer days, I'm also the guy that pulls most of our cable. I'll be glad to finally have the right tool for the job.

I also managed to snag this gem, brand new for less than $40k. Only because the sales girl is new, not on commission yet and their company is struggling. I came out like a rock star all the way around on this one.

Is that $5k/week for your mobile compressor include fuel? It's been a while since I've rented one.
No that's just the rental cost. We store our own diesel on site.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      01-27-2021, 01:10 PM   #2408
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It wasn't until I became a trainer that I realized how sadistic I truly am. Although I am the most kind-hearted asshole a person will meet, I love seeing people's reactions when I have to take them 80' up, extend the secondary and rotate the turntable. I did have a guy once drop to his knees, in the basket, and was somewhat crying. I laugh about it now, but I was genuinely concerned about him. "You ain't got to go this high man! I'm scared man! I'm super f*cking scared!" I felt really bad about the ordeal, but it's part of training. If you're scared of heights, any job requiring an 80' boom is not for you. The sway/swing, once you stop fully extended, still gets me at times.

What cracks me up about the training is, generally I'm training manly men. I'm 44 and about 140 pounds, bald head and glasses. I look like a total dork. Seeing these big manly men, who aren't scared of anything, lock at the knees at 30' and try to hide it is hilarious. At 50', you find out real quick who has balls/nerves of steel and who is full of shit. The only person to ever act like being that high was no problem was a 20 year old girl who weighed less 100 pounds. She had on a small body harness and we still had to cinch it down on her.

The attached photos were my first time in a boom. Obviously I learned by diving head first. This cured my fear of heights quickly. This was a 1500AJP, if I recall correctly they extend over 150', this was a little over halfway.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
GenXer1351.00
Tommy-G4467.00
      01-27-2021, 01:16 PM   #2409
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
No that's just the rental cost. We store our own diesel on site.
Jesus man! That's crazy! If you're running it 24 hours, I imagine fuel consumption is outrageous, pending on CFM of course. Regardless, I'm guessing you have a 500 gallon tank or your fuel supplier is making daily deliveries.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 01:30 PM   #2410
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Jesus man! That's crazy! If you're running it 24 hours, I imagine fuel consumption is outrageous, pending on CFM of course. Regardless, I'm guessing you have a 500 gallon tank or your fuel supplier is making daily deliveries.
Yes we get continuous delivery for diesel, gasoline and propane.

It's mind blowing. Just to give you an idea of our scale, I order at least $80K worth of wood pallets each month.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      01-27-2021, 02:24 PM   #2411
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes we get continuous delivery for diesel, gasoline and propane.

It's mind blowing. Just to give you an idea of our scale, I order at least $80K worth of wood pallets each month.
That's pretty significant.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 02:37 PM   #2412
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
That's pretty significant.
PM already sent. I couldn't resist. Still waiting for your corporate....
      01-27-2021, 02:44 PM   #2413
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Completely random but trying to fit the freaking Christmas tree lights back in the box they came out of. I have to smash them all in and the lid barely closes. I don't know why they can't make the boxes bigger.
Appreciate 2
Tommy-G4467.00
GenXer1351.00
      01-27-2021, 04:21 PM   #2414
Littlebear
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...the Mods crazy.

When I want to see what the weather is upstate in the sticks where we go, I type the zip into Weather Underground, and I get eight listings for West Singapore on top of my US of A town!
Wat up wit dat??

Murf
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 10:02 PM   #2415
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Quote:
It wasn't until I became a trainer that I realized how sadistic I truly am. Although I am the most kind-hearted asshole a person will meet, I love seeing people's reactions when I have to take them 80' up, extend the secondary and rotate the turntable. I did have a guy once drop to his knees, in the basket, and was somewhat crying. I laugh about it now, but I was genuinely concerned about him. "You ain't got to go this high man! I'm scared man! I'm super f*cking scared!" I felt really bad about the ordeal, but it's part of training. If you're scared of heights, any job requiring an 80' boom is not for you. The sway/swing, once you stop fully extended, still gets me at times.

What cracks me up about the training is, generally I'm training manly men. I'm 44 and about 140 pounds, bald head and glasses. I look like a total dork. Seeing these big manly men, who aren't scared of anything, lock at the knees at 30' and try to hide it is hilarious. At 50', you find out real quick who has balls/nerves of steel and who is full of shit. The only person to ever act like being that high was no problem was a 20 year old girl who weighed less 100 pounds. She had on a small body harness and we still had to cinch it down on her.

The attached photos were my first time in a boom. Obviously I learned by diving head first. This cured my fear of heights quickly. This was a 1500AJP, if I recall correctly they extend over 150', this was a little over halfway.
Oh, FUCK DAT!!!
      01-28-2021, 11:53 AM   #2416
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I sent you a reply. If it's appealing, I'll forward your info. You do realize we're a large facility in the middle of nowhere.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15561.50
      01-28-2021, 11:55 AM   #2417
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Completely random but trying to fit the freaking Christmas tree lights back in the box they came out of. I have to smash them all in and the lid barely closes. I don't know why they can't make the boxes bigger.
I leave mine on the arbor vitae all year round and just plug it in during Christmas. It's part of the tree now.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 12:00 PM   #2418
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Another thing that bothers me is scrolling way the hell down to the bottom of a drop down menu just to pick United States as my default.

I get alphabetical sorting but seriously, shouldn't it be listed in order of which country the product sold the most?

Appreciate 1
Sara5775.50
      01-28-2021, 12:22 PM   #2419
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I'm still waiting on our corporate office too.....
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15561.50
      01-28-2021, 01:05 PM   #2420
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Another thing that bothers me is scrolling way the hell down to the bottom of a drop down menu just to pick United States as my default.
I seriously think that sites do that because they are owned (or were built) by foreign people, who are jealous of the USA and intentionally put our country at the bottom of their list as a sign of disrespect.....