M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Finish the sentence: The worst thing that happened to me this week was __________

01-19-2021, 08:39 PM   #45
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPOWER5266 View Post
I found out a friend of mine went into the hospital with the rona and died from a stroke. Mid 30's and a gym rat too.

i'm sorry to hear this. I see covid daily, truly crippling.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 11:24 AM   #46
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
...having to drink a bottle of heavy metal in solution a few minutes ago, in preparation for a visit to the donut of death (TM).

I suspect that it will be the second-worse thing that happened to me this week in about 45 minutes, when I have to down a second bottle of that nasty stuff.....
      01-20-2021, 12:30 PM   #47
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
...having to drink a bottle of heavy metal in solution a few minutes ago, in preparation for a visit to the donut of death (TM).

I suspect that it will be the second-worse thing that happened to me this week in about 45 minutes, when I have to down a second bottle of that nasty stuff.....
Transcendental mediation has morphed since my last look. Glad I didn't get hooked.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614882.00
      01-20-2021, 03:04 PM   #48
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Donut of Death (TM) is a registered trademark of Phillips.

The second bottle of barium sulfate was even worse than the first one, and my guts are rumbling in protest after the donut of death procedure.

Can't wait for the white poo and glowing urine that is surely coming next.....
      01-20-2021, 04:29 PM   #49
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:

The second bottle of barium sulfate was even worse than the first one, and my guts are rumbling in protest after the donut of death procedure.

TradeMark, gotcha.

I vaguely remember a "procedure" that began with 3 days of drinking a relatively horrible concoction, that required I be within a few feet of a toilet for those three days. Then on the morning of the procedure I got barium in a glass, then somebody stuck a camera . . .

Nothing was cut out, and things flowed rather well for a few weeks.

Ever had your optometrist need a high contrast image. Now THAT is some glowing urine!!!
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614882.00
      01-20-2021, 08:27 PM   #50
Fast.F10
Extruding Elements
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5 Comp

Garage List
2016 BMW M5 F10  [0.00]
Driving home and running over an object (no time to get out of the way), and it popping my front tire. Lucky I was about 2mins from my house. By the time I got home, I pulled up the tire pressure screen and was watching it drop all the way down to 0.7lbs. Added air in the tire to see if I could finds the hole...no problem as it wouldnt even keep air. Luck for me, its on the inside side wall :sarcastic:. And realizing no one in town was open after 6pm to try to find some PS4S...all the way around since i've been looking to replace the rears. Guess i'll be rocking a Buick Enclave for a few day .

Wife was happy to hear PS4S tires are ballpark $1,700. :goodtimes:
2006 BMW M5
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 07:07 AM   #51
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast.F10 View Post
Driving home and running over an object (no time to get out of the way), and it popping my front tire. Lucky I was about 2mins from my house. By the time I got home, I pulled up the tire pressure screen and was watching it drop all the way down to 0.7lbs. Added air in the tire to see if I could finds the hole...no problem as it wouldnt even keep air. Luck for me, its on the inside side wall :sarcastic:. And realizing no one in town was open after 6pm to try to find some PS4S...all the way around since i've been looking to replace the rears. Guess i'll be rocking a Buick Enclave for a few day .

Growing up/living in New Jersey I would destroy tires. I had an E90 with 18" RF's and went through 6 in one winter (2012) I would blow the side walls right out b/c the moon craters here the size of Rhode Island.

We move to Florida and I think my streak is over. I go 3 years w/no issues, then boom....just like you shrapnel in the road. 2 rims cracked and 1 blow out. All she does is shake her head and ask why I don't drive a Sherman Tank
Appreciate 1
Fast.F10512.50
      01-21-2021, 09:56 AM   #52
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
All she does is shake her head and ask why I don't drive a Sherman Tank
Seems like permission: granted
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 10:07 AM   #53
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Seems like permission: granted
Like Z'is one?
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614882.00
      01-21-2021, 10:39 AM   #54
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
Growing up/living in New Jersey I would destroy tires. I had an E90 with 18" RF's and went through 6 in one winter (2012) I would blow the side walls right out b/c the moon craters here the size of Rhode Island.

We move to Florida and I think my streak is over. I go 3 years w/no issues, then boom....just like you shrapnel in the road. 2 rims cracked and 1 blow out. All she does is shake her head and ask why I don't drive a Sherman Tank
If I lived in an area like that I would definitely pay for the tire warranty from Discount Tire. They are great on actually replacing stuff and I have had a great experience at the one around me anyway.

I can usually get my Z tires for around a grand, but my truck tires run closer to the $1700 range. Thankfully not much issue around me with poor roads or hazards.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 1
Tommy-G4467.00
      01-21-2021, 11:15 AM   #55
Fast.F10
Extruding Elements
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5 Comp

Garage List
2016 BMW M5 F10  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
If I lived in an area like that I would definitely pay for the tire warranty from Discount Tire. They are great on actually replacing stuff and I have had a great experience at the one around me anyway.

I can usually get my Z tires for around a grand, but my truck tires run closer to the $1700 range. Thankfully not much issue around me with poor roads or hazards.
They (rear) needed to be replaced anyhow...was still the OEM tires from when I bought the F10 back in Feb of this past year. Glad they lasted this long tbh, but since BM3 stage1 and breaking loose in 3rd gear...it was on the list next..but not like this lol. Tires ordered and will be installed on Saturday. Went with PS4S and 305 in rear.

Guess who said this: "you've been thru 5 cars vs my 2 cars" . But to be fair, she doesnt want a car payment and havent had one for many years. But her Enclave is looking less and less to her liking since shes been eyeballin' other SUV's. Tires for my truck (in sig pic), were not as bad as the F10. But for some reason, the rears also needed to be replaced sooner than the front on the truck as well..damn deleted/tune LOL.
2006 BMW M5
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 11:24 AM   #56
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
They (rear) needed to be replaced anyhow...was still the OEM tires from when I bought the F10 back in Feb of this past year. Glad they lasted this long tbh, but since BM3 stage1 and breaking loose in 3rd gear...it was on the list next..but not like this lol. Tires ordered and will be installed on Saturday. Went with PS4S and 305 in rear.

Guess who said this: "you've been thru 5 cars vs my 2 cars" . But to be fair, she doesnt want a car payment and havent had one for many years. But her Enclave is looking less and less to her liking since shes been eyeballin' other SUV's. Tires for my truck (in sig pic), were not as bad as the F10. But for some reason, the rears also needed to be replaced sooner than the front on the truck as well..damn deleted/tune LOL.
Not sure if you're anywhere near Sarasota but if you need a dealership hook up, just ask.
Sunsetautogroup.com
I manage the collision center at the Cadillac dealer. Sounds like your wife deserves a new Caddy
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 11:54 AM   #57
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:

I had one of those barium procedures once upon a time. The day after, I pooped more than a dozen pink "marbles." It was like a Cheech & Chong moment: "Wow man, did I do thaaaaaat!"

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 2
vreihen1614882.00
UncleWede17872.50