M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Strongly Considering This to Replace Our X5

10-21-2022, 09:27 AM   #45
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
MB 167 platform looks nice but is riddled with problems. I wouldn’t touch it with a 10ft/3m pole. 48V system has been a fail and the V8 seems to be developing a reputation for rear main seal leak at <100k miles. Hard no if thinking about owning out of warranty.

If lease/dump the MB could be ok, if trips to the dealer with no loaner is acceptable.
Definitely NOT acceptable. This actually brings up a good point...
What has been you guys experience regarding loaners for dealer service on your cars? They try and make it a "selling point" how you receive a same brand loaner. But I've heard stories of not only unavailablity but lucky if you get a much lesser other brand... Pretty lame considering the sheer rates service department charges. There should be an entire fleet on Standby considering the margins overall. If they value customers like they claim.
This actually reminds me to do some research on my local RR dealer and customers experience with this regard...
Appreciate 1
chassis6552.50
      10-21-2022, 10:18 AM   #46
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
What has been you guys experience regarding loaners for dealer service on your cars? They try and make it a "selling point" how you receive a same brand loaner. But I've heard stories of not only unavailablity but lucky if you get a much lesser other brand... Pretty lame considering the sheer rates service department charges. There should be an entire fleet on Standby considering the margins overall. If they value customers like they claim.
This actually reminds me to do some research on my local RR dealer and customers experience with this regard...
Not sure how they operate in your area, but in this neck of the woods you can get a loaner, either a MINI or a BMW, usually a 3 series, an X1 or X3. Infrequently a Mini Countryman or whatever their X1-like version is called.

The BIG caveat is that you have to book it, sometimes 2 months in advance. If you can’t wait (say the car won’t drive), you get a free ride home by taxi or shuttle

So, if you think the screen will be the biggest issue, and you can live with faulty electronics while waiting for your appointment, all good.
If you fear the car will need mechanical work or the electrical issues will prevent the car from running, you’re toast.

Might be different at LR. And even BMW might be different where you live.
Just call the service department and ask for a loaner, as if you have the car. Just say you need to bring it in for an electric issue and if they have a loaner for tomorrow and see what they say. Easiest way.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13848.00
      10-21-2022, 11:25 AM   #47
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
No loaners at BMW and MB dealers in three midwestern metros I have experienced since the global fog rolled in.
Appreciate 1
TXSTYLE13848.00
      10-21-2022, 04:11 PM   #48
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Local Porsche dealer only has loaners if you book weeks in advance. But they will pick you up or drop you off, or just pick up/drop off the car if you ask. Loaner was a base macan. No GT3, bastards!
Appreciate 2
chassis6552.50
TXSTYLE13848.00
      10-23-2022, 09:09 AM   #49
Blue87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X5 M50i, 05 S2000

You have to book in advance at the local BMW dealership as well. Same goes with the closest LR dealer (45 min drive) except most appointments were 6+ weeks out. Guess I got lucky last week and ended up with an IX as a loaner with only of days notice (dealer had to fix a mistake). Around here Audi has been the best and you can typically get and appointment with loaner 5-10 days out.

I'm seeing a lot of mention of Lexus on here and they typically lack the features luxury and technology compared to the other premium brands. Generally nice and probably reliable, but lacking, kind of like Acura. Nothing wrong with these 2 brands (owned both), they just seem to be a step below compared to some others.
Appreciate 1
chassis6552.50
      10-24-2022, 06:04 PM   #50
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Neighbor's car broke down ...

|
|
|
|
|
V

Last edited by G30M; 10-24-2022 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 06:11 PM   #51
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Appreciate 1
AlexFL7837.00
      11-07-2022, 05:44 PM   #52
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country