M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos 24 Hours of Lemons

05-09-2010, 03:14 AM   #1
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

24 Hours of Lemons

Thought I would share our recent 'breakthrough' with our lemons car - it went on it's first real drive today.

After many many.... many man hours over the past couple months (it was completely stripped and within the price limits rebuild the critical components - and left the rest of the junk out of the car). A lot of it was just straight up man hours though.

Anyway, we are doing a test day at Pocono Raceway on Thursday and then running the DC event Capital Offense in June. It's not a super high hp car, but with all the interior and glass removed, it moves and handles like a son-of-a-gun.

BTW our theme is mario kart with my cousin and I dressing like mario and luigi (fitting for an Italian car LOL)

Enjoy:

EDIT: BTW never noticed this side of the forum was SO obsessed with audi stuff. My lord... A5, S5 blah blah... LOL Go build a lemons car it's more fun if you really like car stuff.. It's better than just rolling around in a pretty car for people to stare at
E86 Z4M - Sold
E36 M3 - Sold

Last edited by fitchesbass; 05-09-2010 at 03:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
JoosyJoos
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Cool car. My father took 3rd in a CRX at CMP a few months ago when they did the LeMons there. It rained the whole time... something to keep in mind with your open cockpit design lol

1997 M3 Coupe - BMWCCA I-Prepared #22
2006 M Roadster - 23,000 miles and slowly counting
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2010, 09:56 PM   #3
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

thanks - yeah we've thought about that.... but the lack of windshield or glass in general really lessened the weight of an already light car - not to mention lowered the center of gravity.

So I guess we weighed those as higher priority over rain
E86 Z4M - Sold
E36 M3 - Sold
Appreciate 0