M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Anyone else do trail riding with side-by-sides or 4 wheelers?

09-12-2022, 09:38 AM   #1
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Anyone else do trail riding with side-by-sides or 4 wheelers?

During the summer and fall months our family does a few wheeling trips with our side by side in the northwestern part of Wisconsin. I'd guess that we put almost as many miles on our machine as we do our BMW.

We have a 2020 Honda Talon 1000x4 which is perfect for the 4 of us. Loving to explore and check out remote areas we really enjoy trail riding. The trail systems we use are really wide (great for big side by sides), they are well maintained, and seems like they cut in new trails every year.

Curious if anyone else is in to this motorsport and what your experiences are like where you are located.
      09-12-2022, 09:52 AM   #2
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
During the summer and fall months our family does a few wheeling trips with our side by side in the northwestern part of Wisconsin. I'd guess that we put almost as many miles on our machine as we do our BMW.

We have a 2020 Honda Talon 1000x4 which is perfect for the 4 of us. Loving to explore and check out remote areas we really enjoy trail riding. The trail systems we use are really wide (great for big side by sides), they are well maintained, and seems like they cut in new trails every year.

Curious if anyone else is in to this motorsport and what your experiences are like where you are located.
I have a Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4 ATV I use for some trail riding and also a Yamaha YZ125 dirt bike.

I've been into atvs and dirt bikes since I was a kid. As far as riding goes around here you need property or need to know someone with property, there aren't any legal trails near by. It's sad, but the idiots have ruined everything for the respectful riders and now everyone is of the mindset that all atv and dirt bike riders are out to destroy everything and act like a-holes. It's to the point where I've been followed by people when I had my atv or bike on a trailer because they thought I was going to do something illegal.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2021.00
      09-12-2022, 10:01 AM   #3
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I have a Honda Fourtrax 300 4x4 ATV I use for some trail riding and also a Yamaha YZ125 dirt bike.

I've been into atvs and dirt bikes since I was a kid. As far as riding goes around here you need property or need to know someone with property, there aren't any legal trails near by. It's sad, but the idiots have ruined everything for the respectful riders and now everyone is of the mindset that all atv and dirt bike riders are out to destroy everything and act like a-holes. It's to the point where I've been followed by people when I had my atv or bike on a trailer because they thought I was going to do something illegal.
That sucks! Seems silly when you think about the number of idiots driving passenger cars who do stupid things on public roads. Manage the idiots and let the responsible ones have fun.

Where I live I can't ride around so I have to trailer a ways to find a trail system. But the trails in MN aren't too accommodating to bigger machines. I think WI is one of the most wheeler-friendly states so that's why we head there.