M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos thinking trade in my 335 e90 for a used 2000 Ferrari 360 Modena

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #45
FirstClass
Brigadier General
37
Rep
3,199
Posts

Drives: 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

iTrader: (0)

I wouldn't do it for 2 reasons. 1) If you don't have a DD don't do it, there are some places/neighborhoods you just don't want to take a Ferrari. 2) The 360 was rather underpowered imo, a problem that has been resolved in the newer models. Plus I don't really like the styling of it, 430 is much sexier.

I would do it for the following reason. 1) It's a fucking Ferrari.
__________________
328xi Coupe, Montego Blue on Black with Alum, Step, Sport, Premium, CA, PDC, Cold Weather (Damn Pennsylvania winters)
Current Mods: Heavy right foot - Planned Mods: Lightweight right foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.

Last edited by FirstClass; 07-08-2007 at 12:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #46
nimamilani
ni2009
15
Rep
288
Posts

Drives: BMW 325I
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

to the OP, why are you being so racist and cocky in the first place. i don't see any post in this thread that says that chinese people don't have money. and plus, if you were actually rich enough and could afford a much much much nicer car then 1) you would not brag about it. people always get defensive about something that they don't have and want really badly. 2) you wouldn't buy a e9x in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus, a lot of people around here have a lot of money (much more than you). i believe i saw a post of a person's car and there was also a picture of his dad's BRAND NEW ferrari.


Now, to your question. IF it is your 2nd car get the ferarri. if it is your first then get the BMW.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 08:40 PM   #47
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
107
Rep
1,517
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster92 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I need to hire you as my broker asap because you have definitely proven a knack for savvy investments.
As privately stock investor and Realty Estate Business. Both of them allow me to have a tax ride off. All i need to do is save reciept from restaurant, Gas, telephone, car, and other expense that i cant think on top of my head right now... By the way, Im 33 years old graduated from University Southern California with Computer Science ( BS) and Business Management(MBA). Im pretty sure i know how to manage my money. Im not stupid enough to blow my money away.. ANyways 335i e90 that i have is excellent, However, It have alot of electrical issue and Mechanical issue.. I cant have my car in the dealership 10 days out of 30 days for little issue. My time is money. As Realty Estate Investor, you need to drive nice car, You can convince people to buy it from you.. NO ONE want to do business with you, if you are driving Domestic car or average joe's car. HINT HINT.."each of my property over 3 million dollars."
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 08:51 PM   #48
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
107
Rep
1,517
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimamilani View Post
to the OP, why are you being so racist and cocky in the first place. i don't see any post in this thread that says that chinese people don't have money. and plus, if you were actually rich enough and could afford a much much much nicer car then 1) you would not brag about it. people always get defensive about something that they don't have and want really badly. 2) you wouldn't buy a e9x in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus, a lot of people around here have a lot of money (much more than you). i believe i saw a post of a person's car and there was also a picture of his dad's BRAND NEW ferrari.


Now, to your question. IF it is your 2nd car get the ferarri. if it is your first then get the BMW.
Many reason i got the e90 335i are, my friend got e92 coupe, my brother got e90, my cousin got e92 coupe. 2nd reason, I read the review on 335i. it got twin turbo. i just want to race it .. i want to drag it. i want to tune my own car. 3rd everyone want it.. so i guess i just want to be the 1st crowd to have it. I do get defensive people talking trash about me. Would you ? I was just thinking about trading 335i e90 for 360. i also want to compare the pro and con. Let me ask you something.. What make you decide getting 335i? Did you do research first right? Either test drive, throught friend, or mag, or other. Well im basically doing the same thing man..


"plus, a lot of people around here have a lot of money (much more than you). i believe i saw a post of a person's car and there was also a picture of his dad's BRAND NEW ferrari." I dont have rich parents or family that give me the money and say here go buy yourself 335i.. I work my butt off since i was 16 years old until now. NOW im turning 34 soon, alot of years to earn your money instead spending your money on Hooker, Drug, Alchololic, drag race, Vacation every year to other country or to Hawaii. If you earned 1000 dollars per month, you spend 300 dollar month on food. the rest you put it at the bank to collect interest or you do extensive research on Stock Market company.. or invest in 401K... I have been doing it since i was 16 years old. I put all the money i have saved it in a saving account. by the age of 18, i have enough to put it in a 401K account. Plus company i worked before have 401K benefit. if you do put each pieace together, you basically make your money work for you NOt you work for the money.. "American custom seem to be YOu work for the money instead Money work for you."
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #49
nimamilani
ni2009
15
Rep
288
Posts

Drives: BMW 325I
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
Many reason i got the e90 335i are, my friend got e92 coupe, my brother got e90, my cousin got e92 coupe. 2nd reason, I read the review on 335i. it got twin turbo. i just want to race it .. i want to drag it. i want to tune my own car. 3rd everyone want it.. so i guess i just want to be the 1st crowd to have it. I do get defensive people talking trash about me. Would you ? I was just thinking about trading 335i e90 for 360. i also want to compare the pro and con. Let me ask you something.. What make you decide getting 335i? Did you do research first right? Either test drive, throught friend, or mag, or other. Well im basically doing the same thing man..


well, why the heck on earth you are bragging about your money????
do you see Bill Gates bragging about his money. no, why? because he has it. do i see you finding the necessity to state that you have 3 million dollar property (which who knows how much of it is actually paid by you and as a mortgage)? yes. so i am sensing some insecurity in you in regards to finanical matters.

and i didn't get a 335i, i got a 325i about 2 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #50
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
107
Rep
1,517
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimamilani View Post
well, why the heck on earth you are bragging about your money????
do you see Bill Gates bragging about his money. no, why? because he has it. do i see you finding the necessity to state that you have 3 million dollar property (which who knows how much of it is actually paid by you and as a mortgage)? yes. so i am sensing some insecurity in you in regards to finanical matters.

and i didn't get a 335i, i got a 325i about 2 years ago.

Im not really braggin.. i just making a statement. I m prettty sure Bill gate brag when he a millionair .. Maybe to his friend. ..

As for the mortage statement, you purchased a home. You let someone rent it out for 2 years or more. 1st renter pay for your mortage. 2nd you can get tax ride off. 3rd you can offer vacation package. If you have classic or different from other people home, you can invite hollywood movie company to shoot their stuffs over at your home.. They will pay you over 25000K-50K for like 1 month or 2 months Two years pass, you can sell the house without having capital gain tax . You can also pull your equtity out and transfer it to your new homes. You can use your equtiy as part of your downpayment.

For your information. good neighborhood in SoutherN California(beverly Hill. you can someone rent it out for over 3000 to 4000 per month
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #51
nimamilani
ni2009
15
Rep
288
Posts

Drives: BMW 325I
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

yea, but the capital tax exemption is only for 1)if you are the primary resident of that house 2) it only applies to 500 thousand dollars and on the rest you have to pay the tax.
so how can you have tax ride off on a house that you don't reside in, unless you are lying to the state of california. i don't know where you purchase these "properties" but alhambra isn't that high class to have a 3 millino dollar house.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 09:16 PM   #52
BMW F22
Major General
BMW F22's Avatar
United_States
1911
Rep
9,618
Posts

Drives: ///M235i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (8)

damn it seems every recent thread has turned into an argument in one way or another.

1. Bill Gates doesnt brag about his money BECAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE TO. He's the 2nd richest guy in the world, why does he need to brag about it.

2. who gives a shit what the OP does with his money. He asked for our opinion and we should just give it- no need to doubt him or question his motive/ financial status.


To the OP- how are you writing it off for tax? From what I understand it's very hard to write it off because you cant just write the miles to and from work as that is considered cost of living (or doing business). Just curious...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 09:17 PM   #53
ward
Major General
113
Rep
6,162
Posts

Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

iTrader: (0)

with the OP's spelling and grammar I'm surprised he can even afford a BMW

even if it is a tax "ride" off

I really hope he was not born in this country, if he's only been here 3-4 years that's a pretty good level of english.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #54
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
107
Rep
1,517
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimamilani View Post
yea, but the capital tax exemption is only for 1)if you are the primary resident of that house 2) it only applies to 500 thousand dollars and on the rest you have to pay the tax.
so how can you have tax ride off on a house that you don't reside in, unless you are lying to the state of california. i don't know where you purchase these "properties" but alhambra isn't that high class to have a 3 millino dollar house.
i reside in alhambra because my parent wont move.. For your INformation, Alhambra Price range from 400 to 1.5 million dollars My investment is all over the state. Some over Uptown Mantallant, NY. La Jolla, SD ca. SF... Florida key . Hawaii. San Marino.. Seattle WA Beverly Hill.. 500K or more only apply to owner who are only have their home for 2 years or less.. Other sale dont apply to California rules.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 09:31 PM   #55
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
107
Rep
1,517
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
damn it seems every recent thread has turned into an argument in one way or another.

1. Bill Gates doesnt brag about his money BECAUSE HE DOESNT HAVE TO. He's the 2nd richest guy in the world, why does he need to brag about it.

2. who gives a shit what the OP does with his money. He asked for our opinion and we should just give it- no need to doubt him or question his motive/ financial status.


To the OP- how are you writing it off for tax? From what I understand it's very hard to write it off because you cant just write the miles to and from work as that is considered cost of living (or doing business). Just curious...
To the OP- how are you writing it off for tax? From what I understand it's very hard to write it off because you cant just write the miles to and from work as that is considered cost of living (or doing business). Just curious...

well you can calculate Point A to Point B (distance) x the gas price.. = tax exemption.When i said a to b meaning that you have to meet your client from the office or their office to destination. You can also save the reciept from taking your client to eat lunch or dinner, or Power lunch. It would considering a business expense. Of course the IRS would not how much you drive or expensive because when you take your client to do power lunch to make a sale or conduct business the mile cant be calculate into the equation.. Some client live far and some live close. You can also save your Fly Ticket expense. For Traveling places around the world, all you need to do convert your business into INCOrp.. There are so many loop hole in laws to do business. What do you think Rich folks get richer under Mr Bush adminstration. Just have good Accountant do that for you and Manage your INcorp.. Just pay them like 400 per months fee..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #56
ward
Major General
113
Rep
6,162
Posts

Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
i reside in alhambra because my parent wont move.. For your INformation, Alhambra Price range from 400 to 1.5 million dollars My investment is all over the state. Some over Uptown Mantallant, NY. La Jolla, SD ca. SF... Florida key . Hawaii. San Marino.. Seattle WA Beverly Hill.. 500K or more only apply to owner who are only have their home for 2 years or less.. Other sale dont apply to California rules.


yeah, get a 360 modena while you live with your parents in ALHAMBRA

that's rich
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #57
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
107
Rep
1,517
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post


yeah, get a 360 modena while you live with your parents in ALHAMBRA

that's rich
Im sorry But. my parent only have 2 children. My brother already married and moved out. he got his own place. He cant stand them. Im the oldest of two children. i have to take care of them because they are over 60 years old. Beside asian family are totally diff from american or mexican family. We have super bond Family. When your parents lived in alhambra over 25 years, they want to live and die here. I m just want take care of them until they pass away. I did offering them to stay over in HAwaii or SF. They want to stay and die here in alhambra. Their first pieace of american dream is in alhambra. If you are raised or born in america, you would not be understand family value.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 10:39 PM   #58
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
Tobizach's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: By the seat of her pants.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SouthWest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
Im sorry But. my parent only have 2 children. My brother already married and moved out. he got his own place. He cant stand them. Im the oldest of two children. i have to take care of them because they are over 60 years old. Beside asian family are totally diff from american or mexican family. We have super bond Family. When your parents lived in alhambra over 25 years, they want to live and die here. I m just want take care of them until they pass away. I did offering them to stay over in HAwaii or SF. They want to stay and die here in alhambra. Their first pieace of american dream is in alhambra. If you are raised or born in america, you would not be understand family value.
What?? We americans dont understand family value or dont have superglue family bonds?? If you think like that why are you even here ??:mad:

Get off your high horse as far as I see your a voice of one and as a 3rd Gen Asian american btw thats also married to one as well. I do understand asian family life more so than you. I lost both parents by age 11. Myself and my older(22 and 19)/younger siblings survived on our own.

As far as i see this is yet another "Internet Rich Guy" pissing contest

Off to the ole Ignore list

Last edited by Tobizach; 07-07-2007 at 11:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 11:07 PM   #59
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
canucklion's Avatar
Canada
141
Rep
10,455
Posts

Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (9)

please, I can't stand any more 'tax ride offs'

it's tax write off
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #60
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
canucklion's Avatar
Canada
141
Rep
10,455
Posts

Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (9)

and whatever you want to do with your money, nobody else's business, go do/buy whatever makes you happy
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #61
ward
Major General
113
Rep
6,162
Posts

Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
We have super bond Family.
maybe you should look at an aston martin?

those would be more fitting for a super bond family


if you get the Aston Martin Rapide, you could fit your whole super bond family since it's a 4 door
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #62
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
canucklion's Avatar
Canada
141
Rep
10,455
Posts

Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (9)

why are you insulting other cultures? no need to get defensive, what makes you think that Americans and/or Mexican (and what the hell does Mexicans have to do with this argument???) don't have family values? You're going way off tangent here.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
Im sorry But. my parent only have 2 children. My brother already married and moved out. he got his own place. He cant stand them. Im the oldest of two children. i have to take care of them because they are over 60 years old. Beside asian family are totally diff from american or mexican family. We have super bond Family. When your parents lived in alhambra over 25 years, they want to live and die here. I m just want take care of them until they pass away. I did offering them to stay over in HAwaii or SF. They want to stay and die here in alhambra. Their first pieace of american dream is in alhambra. If you are raised or born in america, you would not be understand family value.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 11:13 PM   #63
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
Tobizach's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: By the seat of her pants.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SouthWest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
maybe you should look at an aston martin?

those would be more fitting for a super bond family


if you get the Aston Martin Rapide, you could fit your whole super bond family since it's a 4 door
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #64
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
107
Rep
1,517
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
why are you insulting other cultures? no need to get defensive, what makes you think that Americans and/or Mexican (and what the hell does Mexicans have to do with this argument???) don't have family values? You're going way off tangent here.
ok i did go way off. i do apolize from my statement. this thread suppose to be 360 not reglion or family value
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #65
ACZakka325i
Colonel
ACZakka325i's Avatar
227
Rep
2,009
Posts

Drives: 2 stroke
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CT

iTrader: (2)

This is getting rediculous.

So to the OP, are you gonna go out and blow 100k or what?! I want to see what your going to go buy. Like a stated earlier, You should look at a 9997 Carrera 4S. My father just ordered one and its just in the price range your looking for. Plus, its a new car, comes with a warentee (sp), and is a lot more practical than a ferrari.
__________________
(Waitlist): #1 M2CSL
(Current): 2016 F15 X5 3.5xdrive - 2010 997.2 C4S Coupe
(Past): 2016 F30 340xi M-Sport -2013 535i xdrive
2008 E92 M3 - 2006 E90 325i
2002 E46 325xi - 1991 E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 11:50 PM   #66
uhaulball
Brigadier General
138
Rep
4,164
Posts

Drives: e90 330xi
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (11)

Send a message via AIM to uhaulball
laca just get a 997 turbo or 997 gt3. those cars are sexy and pretty exotic already..
__________________
'06 bsm e90 330xi : 18" VMR CSL : KW V3 : GruppeM Rep Intake : UUC/Corsa Catback : Hartge Lip : ACS Roof Spoiler
OEM CF Trunk Spoiler : CF Emblems. Pillars. Mirror. Grille : LUXER12 led plate : V1 Hardwired : OG.longtran e90post sticker! circa 2005
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.




m8
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST