M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Tanzanite Blue

11-20-2020, 01:51 PM   #1
Jdubble07
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i xDrive Convertible

Garage List
2024 BMW  [10.00]
2020 BMW 840i xDriv ...  [0.00]
Tanzanite Blue

It's official, I'm taking delivery late next week of an 840i xDrive convertible in, what looks to be, GORGEOUS Tanzanite Blue. It seems to be an incredibly rare color. I'm not able to find any great photos of 8 convertibles in Tanzanite Blue, only 3s, M4s, X5s, 7s, and a few 8 coupes and GCs. Dealer photos of my car aren't great. Does anyone happen to have any photos of theirs they can share?
I'm so incredibly excited to take delivery. After my 2013 640 convertible, I've had two fairly unimpressive experiences at Mercedes with a 16 E400 convertible and an 18 SL450... fun, but also meh.
Mine has M Sport, Individual Piano Black trim, Comfort Seating, Driving Assistance and Professional, and Glass Controls. After the turd-of-a-year that 2020 has been, being mostly stuck in the house for 8 months and counting and having had to cancel 4 big vacations, I was NOT willing to compromise on my new car.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 02:41 PM   #2
FBMWWINS
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupé & M240i Coupé

Great choice and congrats on the color - undoubtedly one of the most attractive choices. My former F06 650iXDrive was TB and I loved it.
It is a real chameleon. Depending on the lighting conditions, it may seem blackish (a bit in the carbon black direction) or exihibit a lighter to dark blue color (from deep sea blue to royal blue). You will see there is someone around here (I will not disclose details) who will chime in and give you all the details possible about his beautiful 2020 M850i tanzanite blue II ride.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2020, 06:37 PM   #3
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubble07 View Post
It's official, I'm taking delivery late next week of an 840i xDrive convertible in, what looks to be, GORGEOUS Tanzanite Blue. It seems to be an incredibly rare color. I'm not able to find any great photos of 8 convertibles in Tanzanite Blue, only 3s, M4s, X5s, 7s, and a few 8 coupes and GCs. Dealer photos of my car aren't great. Does anyone happen to have any photos of theirs they can share?
I'm so incredibly excited to take delivery. After my 2013 640 convertible, I've had two fairly unimpressive experiences at Mercedes with a 16 E400 convertible and an 18 SL450... fun, but also meh.
Mine has M Sport, Individual Piano Black trim, Comfort Seating, Driving Assistance and Professional, and Glass Controls. After the turd-of-a-year that 2020 has been, being mostly stuck in the house for 8 months and counting and having had to cancel 4 big vacations, I was NOT willing to compromise on my new car.
I've placed an order for a 2022 m850i convertible in Tanzanite blue with black and blue interior. But it won't be ready until after the summer. I'm at the top of the list but apparently all the allocations are taken.
Appreciate 2
      11-20-2020, 09:43 PM   #4
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubble07 View Post
Congrats and welcome to the 8-series Tanzanite Blue club. I went through the gamut (many posts on that journey) to end up with my 2020 M850i coupe in Tanzanite Blue that is absolutely stunning. As far as I know, nobody on the forum has posted pics of a Tanzanite Blue convertible so you may be the first to do so once you take delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBMWWINS View Post
Great choice and congrats on the color - undoubtedly one of the most attractive choices. My former F06 650iXDrive was TB and I loved it.
It is a real chameleon. Depending on the lighting conditions, it may seem blackish (a bit in the carbon black direction) or exihibit a lighter to dark blue color (from deep sea blue to royal blue). You will see there is someone around here (I will not disclose details) who will chime in and give you all the details possible about his beautiful 2020 M850i tanzanite blue II ride.
I'm guessing that I'm a bit predictable when it comes to the beauty of TB in an 8-series. That said to your point it is a true chameleon and why I relish every time I see the M850i whether it is in the garage, out in the AZ sun (a shimmering masterpiece) or at night which puts it near to carbon black.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2020, 11:19 PM   #5
debdoub
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina

One of my cars is Tanzanite blue but not 8 series! It is Alpina GC B6, it was ordered as individual color then, however, there is a thread in here, saw a couple of months ago, 840 Tanzanite with a few posted photos, the color looks amazing on this car
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2020, 06:51 PM   #6
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
Jdubble07 ( I've seen a set of photos somewhere in the forum which I'm unable to find in Tanzanite Blue with Ivory interior and it looked sensational.

Congratulations! Welcome to club 8.
Appreciate 1