M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Individual Urban Green M8 Competition Gran Coupe

11-23-2020, 10:11 AM   #1
e30nicole
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: verde mantis m4

Just landing from Germany this amazing Individual M8 Comp Gran Coupe.

Location- Rallye BMW
Attached Images

-Instagram E30nicole
Appreciate 1
cfm56d7b5853.50
      11-23-2020, 10:32 AM   #2
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Is this the Chile Verde Version or Split Pea Soup?

Im not sure who would want this. And that chrome pillar is heinous IMHO.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 11-23-2020 at 10:40 AM..
Appreciate 2
LSM1118.00
Punitive147.00
      11-23-2020, 10:49 AM   #3
e30nicole
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post

Its shipping tape, pillar is black
-Instagram E30nicole
Appreciate 1
Vic5518965.50
      11-23-2020, 11:07 AM   #4
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30nicole View Post
Its shipping tape, pillar is black
Whew!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 01:26 PM   #5
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Brave color. I see big discounts in this cars future
Appreciate 1
i8you5.00
      11-23-2020, 03:44 PM   #6
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Gorgeous car. Buyers dissatisfied with known shades of British racing green will find this car particularly attractive.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 03:49 PM   #7
toneil44
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M8 Comp GC, 2017 540

Quote:

That is a terrible thing to say to what is obviously a proud owner. You can see from the other car that the owner is into those types of colors. OK, Urban Green is not my cup of tea either but I would never make that kind of remark to someone purchasing a $150K (or any) car.

Looking at the pictures it's obvious what you call chrome pillar is simply shipping tape. You can see the shipping tape on the top and trunk lid in the pictures. Since no one else is, I'll apologize to e30nicole for the rude response.

I was hesitant to make this post since while I'm a long time member, I have only recently started to post here because like e30nicole I also have an M8 Competition Gran Coupe on the way. Per BMW Genius, due to hit VPC New Jersey Dec 8.

You have made a lot of posts in the past. From what I can see those are really informative and supportive posts and are held in regard by some other forum members. For those reasons alone, not a good thing to say.

To be clear, pointing out problems, errors in the car is not only your (and all other posters) right but, in my opinion, your responsibility to help the other posters in the forum. On the other hand, to blatantly criticize other people's personal choices (which have nothing to do w/ the function of the car) is simply not right.

I have posted and received really helpful information on this forum while researching my purchase of the M8 from several posters. Wolfman64 has been particularly patient w/me answering a myriad of questions.

This being my first M car and my first lease, I had intended to share the details of the car, leasing details and ask a few questions about mods, winter tires and a few insurance packages at delivery. I welcome helpful criticism. Point out objectively what I'm doing wrong. I'm all for that. What I don't need is blatant subjective criticism of things like my color choices. Up until now, no one and I mean no one has ever accused me of being overly sensitive. Now I find myself wondering if I should post about the new car.

Wolfman64 - Tell me it's not so. I feel like you're piling on and I'm being outnumbered. Giving the poster that piece of advice before ordering is one thing. Now is, I'll say it again, piling on.

I don't want to go to a moderator. Don't make it personal. Make it objective. I'd like to resolve this between ourselves.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 03:54 PM   #8
OTJeebus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 992 GT3 M8cGC

How long is it taking to get an individual color m8gc, mine has been in order received for 2 weeks.
Appreciate 1
xmanpro2974.00
      11-23-2020, 04:06 PM   #9
Wolfman64
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8C Coupe,E63s ED1,AMG GTC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by toneil44 View Post
That is a terrible thing to say to what is obviously a proud owner. You can see from the other car that the owner is into those types of colors. OK, Urban Green is not my cup of tea either but I would never make that kind of remark to someone purchasing a $150K (or any) car.

Looking at the pictures it's obvious what you call chrome pillar is simply shipping tape. You can see the shipping tape on the top and trunk lid in the pictures. Since no one else is, I'll apologize to e30nicole for the rude response.

I was hesitant to make this post since while I'm a long time member, I have only recently started to post here because like e30nicole I also have an M8 Competition Gran Coupe on the way. Per BMW Genius, due to hit VPC New Jersey Dec 8.

You have made a lot of posts in the past. From what I can see those are really informative and supportive posts and are held in regard by some other forum members. For those reasons alone, not a good thing to say.

To be clear, pointing out problems, errors in the car is not only your (and all other posters) right but, in my opinion, your responsibility to help the other posters in the forum. On the other hand, to blatantly criticize other people's personal choices (which have nothing to do w/ the function of the car) is simply not right.

I have posted and received really helpful information on this forum while researching my purchase of the M8 from several posters. Wolfman64 has been particularly patient w/me answering a myriad of questions.

This being my first M car and my first lease, I had intended to share the details of the car, leasing details and ask a few questions about mods, winter tires and a few insurance packages at delivery. I welcome helpful criticism. Point out objectively what I'm doing wrong. I'm all for that. What I don't need is blatant subjective criticism of things like my color choices. Up until now, no one and I mean no one has ever accused me of being overly sensitive. Now I find myself wondering if I should post about the new car.

Wolfman64 - Tell me it's not so. I feel like you're piling on and I'm being outnumbered. Giving the poster that piece of advice before ordering is one thing. Now is, I'll say it again, piling on.

I don't want to go to a moderator. Don't make it personal. Make it objective. I'd like to resolve this between ourselves.
I hope you realize that the only one making this personal is you...

Coincidently I don't see that the OP actually purchased the car; just that it landed at a dealer. Even then, this is a public forum where members can express their opinions wether one likes them or not.

There have been several members disliking our M8 ivory/tartufo interior. I love it, others don't. That's how personal tastes work. Life would be boring otherwise

In general, green cars are a harder sell; possibly more so with individual colors depending on color combinations/model/option choices.
Appreciate 3
Vic5518965.50
LSM1118.00
i8you5.00
      11-23-2020, 05:26 PM   #10
xmanpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 M8C 24 X6MC 21 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTJeebus View Post
How long is it taking to get an individual color m8gc, mine has been in order received for 2 weeks.
What color did you get? I'm in the same status.
      11-23-2020, 06:36 PM   #11
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

By all means go to the moderator and report my opinion on the color. As Wolf said you are the one that just made it personal. I dont know you and didnt attach a single quote about you in my "tongue in cheek" post. You definitely dont know me so Ill leave it as a overly sensitive post on your part. These are forums and as a long as there are no personal attacks I dont see any issue in my post nor should you. Not every one likes the color of my F90 yet I would never let a text/post from someone Ive never met or even if I had met affect my judgement or choices.

Im really not sure where split pea soup or chile verde is insulting- and I saw the pic on my cell phone so clearly its not obvious about the shipping tape so please let me know what the moderator says.

PS: Wolf and I are both moderators (Im an Admin) on the largest Benz site. If someone complained about a post like what I made, Id review the "terms of use" and clearly just laugh.

Sorry i offended you. I think its a terrible color and cant wait to see your car so I can either pass praise or otherwise.
Appreciate 2
Punitive147.00
i8you5.00
      11-23-2020, 06:42 PM   #12
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post

Coincidently I don't see that the OP actually purchased the car; just that it landed at a dealer. Even then, this is a public forum where members can express their opinions wether one likes them or not.

There have been several members disliking our M8 ivory/tartufo interior. I love it, others don't. That's how personal tastes work. Life would be boring otherwise

In general, green cars are a harder sell; possibly more so with individual colors depending on color combinations/model/option choices.
Absolutely agree. This forum has been valuable to me from an informational standpoint for the things that matter but I'll always take a personal opinion with a grain of salt as frankly everyone has one. To that point if I paid any attention whatsoever to what many regard as a total faux pas, i.e., "superman colors" I would not own my M850i in Tanzanite Blue with Fiona Red/Black as the interior. Rather I paid attention to the advice on ordering, leasing (which I had never done before), reported issues, etc.

In return I try to pay it all back with my posts to help others where I can. However, I too will throw a personal opinion in now and then but it is just that. In the case of the car that is the subject of the thread I do love green. In fact I toyed with Verdes Ermes for a custom individual for my M850i. However, I fell in love with the Fiona Red/Black interior so scratched it off the list. That said without seeing the car in person it does look like split pea soup which would be a no go for me as well as the boring all black interior.
Appreciate 1
      11-23-2020, 06:44 PM   #13
Ozzie8
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW m850i Coupe

Garage List
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #14
toneil44
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M8 Comp GC, 2017 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post

I AM the only one who has made this type of post. That in and of itself doesn't make it right or wrong.

I felt compelled to speak out about Vic55's comments on the color "Split Pea Soup, Im not sure who would want this. And that chrome pillar is heinous IMHO."

Disliking your ivory/tartufo interior by commenting they don't like it and prefer say Midrand Beige (which I selected) to me is totally different than Vic55's comments above. He is doing nothing more than raining on the obviously proud OP's parade. I don't know how the OP feels about it. I know the way I would feel about it if it were my car. I would feel proud as I could be taking delivery of that car so much so that I posted pics of it on this forum. And then to get hit w/ those remarks. I would not feel good. That is not helpful criticism.

If no one else feels that way or is too shy to post then so be it. Disagree fine. Everyone has their own personal tastes but keep the criticism objective and not personal. "I'm not sure who would want this." is personal. "Don't like the color, too dark for me. I prefer ivory." is an example of I love it, others don't. That's how personal tastes work w/o attacking another poster.

I didn't mean to make a controversial post here early on in my postings here but I cannot sit still and countenance personal, disrespectful, derogatory comments on other posters. Note that "Respect. By far the most important rule here. show each other respect and you will get respect as well. Derogatory or insulting remarks will not be tolerated." is in Administrator guidelines. Forget about the moderators. Use common sense and respect.

I am hopeful I do not regret these posts because Vic55 and Wolfman64 (whom I have already thanked for helping me) are among the older and more respected members here. I trust that both members will not take these posts personally because they are not and will continue to help me as I seek advice on my new M8 Comp GC.

I've said enough on this issue. If anyone disagrees then we will agree to disagree.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 03:43 AM   #15
msm2000uk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i

The colour isn't to my personal taste, but I do applaud the owner for picking an Individual colour - and not buying something in black/silver/grey.

When I was a kid, cars came in all sorts of bright and fun colours, and then in the 2000s it was decided that all cars must be one of the three colours above. There's nothing wrong with them, and I've had cars in those colours myself, but a car in a fun colour is always going to look more exciting.

I've no doubt that the financial values of cars in more 'standard' colours are slightly higher, and they're certainly easier for a leasing company to offload, but I do miss the days of interesting colours.

BMW are one of the better main stream manufacturers in providing colours, so I've no issue with the owner of the Army M8, but it is a marmite colour.

M
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 04:00 PM   #16
OTJeebus
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 992 GT3 M8cGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmanpro View Post
What color did you get? I'm in the same status.
Frozen silver
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 05:33 PM   #17
e30nicole
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Our build was put in late July. Definitely took some time.
-Instagram E30nicole
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 05:39 PM   #18
e30nicole
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Agreed it was a bit harsh. Everyone has their own opinions. I am not the owner, it was an order at my dealership and just wanted to share the rare sight. Who ever the owner will be will at least stand out and be different from the normal black/white colors.
-Instagram E30nicole
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 07:07 PM   #19
xmanpro
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 M8C 24 X6MC 21 M3C

Quote:
Frozen silver
frozen black here, they probably pooling all the frozen colors together and building them all at the same time