M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Americans Value Patriotism, God & Children Less Than Ever

09-03-2019, 11:05 AM   #89
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
cause the crackheads having babies are strong branches...
Exactly.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #90
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Call it redemption arch.

As a side note if the majority took this approach of being childless they are going to be in quite a difficult position when SS becomes insolvent and they have no one willing to take care of them.
You want to talk about a horrible, self-serving, selfish reason to procreate - that's gotta be pretty close to the top of the list.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 11:22 AM   #91
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagamus_NM View Post
Really reproductive fitness is about adapting to the environment as it changes over time. Humans change the environment to fit our needs on a scale that is unprecedented in our planet's history and many other species have been unable to adapt fast enough to survive hence the mass extinction we are currently in.
For sure. Those that are unwilling, to lazy, and untrained to work..having welfare support them in a perfect world die out. Now they have the most kids to continue the cycle.

You couldn't come up with a better plan to destroy a country. Oh yea, then they vote liberals in to help perpetuate the destruction even more.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 11:48 AM   #92
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Strength and reproductive fitness are not the same thing.

Modern medicine and other technical innovations have altered reproductive fitness.

The strong survive is relative to offspring surviving to reproductive age, not really a concern for our species in much of the world.

Really reproductive fitness is about adapting to the environment as it changes over time. Humans change the environment to fit our needs on a scale that is unprecedented in our planet's history and many other species have been unable to adapt fast enough to survive hence the mass extinction we are currently in.
Strength is not only phyiscal it also intellegence.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 11:49 AM   #93
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
You want to talk about a horrible, self-serving, selfish reason to procreate - that's gotta be pretty close to the top of the list.
Well that life, your going to get old and your going to need someone to aid you during the ladder part of your life.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 12:04 PM   #94
Dagamus_NM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 x1, '10 m3, '91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
For sure. Those that are unwilling, to lazy, and untrained to work..having welfare support them in a perfect world die out. Now they have the most kids to continue the cycle.

You couldn't come up with a better plan to destroy a country. Oh yea, then they vote liberals in to help perpetuate the destruction even more.
Right, because the most populous nations on earth are welfare states.

You need to get out more.
Appreciate 1
vtown56.00

09-03-2019, 12:15 PM   #95
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Well that life, your going to get old and your going to need someone to aid you during the ladder part of your life.
Probably so. Again, what's your point? That's where retirement planning/saving comes in.

That is quite possibly the worst reason to decide to have children that I can think of. Second only to the idea of having children in order to have more hands to work your farm as indentured servants - but that doesn't happen much any more.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2019, 12:17 PM   #96
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Strength is not only phyiscal it also intellegence.
And you figure that the families pumping out 5, 6, 7 kids are the smartest on average?
Appreciate 2
vtown56.00

09-03-2019, 01:15 PM   #97
adc100
Major
Rep

Quote:
Right, because the most populous nations on earth are welfare states.
You need to get out more.
What do think the survival rate for kids in those nations are? Follow this logic if you can: If the over populated poor nations in got the welfare we get here; how long do you think it would take for the earth to hit an unsupportable world population? You get my logic here?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 01:52 PM   #98
Dagamus_NM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
What do think the survival rate for kids in those nations are? Follow this logic if you can: If the over populated poor nations in got the welfare we get here; how long do you think it would take for the earth to hit an unsupportable world population? You get my logic here?
I understand where you are going with this. To an extent you are right, an ability to feed and house kids likely equates to more kids. We do not have that problem in this country unless you believe that the United States is overpopulated or "full" as our president does.

When you look at worldwide mortality rates it seems those with access to healthcare top the list, not welfare as you have implied.

Access to healthcare is limited in places like India and China due to the percentage of the population living in rural areas without modern facilities.

Here is a list of countries with better infant mortality rates than the US. The US is about half rural and half urban as far as where our overall population lives so this is not surprising. These numbers are deaths per 1000 births.

United States 6.2
Cuba 5.8
European Union 5.7
Italy 5.5
Isle of Man 5.3
Taiwan 5.3
San Marino 5.3
Greece 5.1
Ireland 5.0
Canada 5.0
Wallis and Futuna 5.0
Monacco 5.0
New Zealand 4.9
United Kingdom 4.8
Gibraltar 4.8
Portugal 4.7
Australia 4.7
Jersey 4.7
Netherlands 4.7
Luxemborg 4.5
Guernsey 4.4
Belgium 4.4
Austria 4.4
Denmark 4.3
Korea, South 4.2
Liechtenstein 4.2
Slovenia 4.2
Israel 4.2
Spain 4.2
Switzerland 4.2
Germany 3.9
Czech Republic 3.8
Adorra 3.7
Malta 3.7
Norway 3.5
Anguilla 3.5
Finland 3.4
France 3.3
Iceland 3.2
Macau 3.2
Hong Kong 2.9
Japan 2.8
Sweden 2.7
Bermuda 2.4
Singapore 2.3
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 02:22 PM   #99
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Probably so. Again, what's your point? That's where retirement planning/saving comes in.

That is quite possibly the worst reason to decide to have children that I can think of. Second only to the idea of having children in order to have more hands to work your farm as indentured servants - but that doesn't happen much any more.
Retirement homes don't provide the same level of care as your children
Furthermore who pays for all the government subsidies while your retired and being ignored by an underpaid unhappy hospis aid.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 02:27 PM   #100
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Retirement homes don't provide the same level of care as your children
What if I'm a shitty, selfish parent and my kids hate me? (A pretty likely scenario if my elder care is the main reason I decided to bring them into the world, I might add.) The level of care in a retirement/assisted living facility might be a lot better.

Quote:
Furthermore who pays for all the government subsidies while your retired and being ignored by an underpaid unhappy hospis aid.
Huh? What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15734.50

09-03-2019, 03:00 PM   #101
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
What if I'm a shitty, selfish parent and my kids hate me? (A pretty likely scenario if my elder care is the main reason I decided to bring them into the world, I might add.) The level of care in a retirement/assisted living facility might be a lot better.

Huh? What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?
This.

Retirement/elder care is literally, "you get what you pay for", Darwinism. And as far as kids go, it depends on how they were raised for the most part. Most people would be better off depending on Money vs Relatives for care if they are planning optimal care.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
      09-03-2019, 03:09 PM   #102
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I understand where you are going with this. To an extent you are right, an ability to feed and house kids likely equates to more kids. We do not have that problem in this country unless you believe that the United States is overpopulated or "full" as our president does.

When you look at worldwide mortality rates it seems those with access to healthcare top the list, not welfare as you have implied.

Access to healthcare is limited in places like India and China due to the percentage of the population living in rural areas without modern facilities.

Here is a list of countries with better infant mortality rates than the US. The US is about half rural and half urban as far as where our overall population lives so this is not surprising. These numbers are deaths per 1000 births.

United States 6.2
Cuba 5.8
European Union 5.7
Italy 5.5
Isle of Man 5.3
Taiwan 5.3
San Marino 5.3
Greece 5.1
Ireland 5.0
Canada 5.0
Wallis and Futuna 5.0
Monacco 5.0
New Zealand 4.9
United Kingdom 4.8
Gibraltar 4.8
Portugal 4.7
Australia 4.7
Jersey 4.7
Netherlands 4.7
Luxemborg 4.5
Guernsey 4.4
Belgium 4.4
Austria 4.4
Denmark 4.3
Korea, South 4.2
Liechtenstein 4.2
Slovenia 4.2
Israel 4.2
Spain 4.2
Switzerland 4.2
Germany 3.9
Czech Republic 3.8
Adorra 3.7
Malta 3.7
Norway 3.5
Anguilla 3.5
Finland 3.4
France 3.3
Iceland 3.2
Macau 3.2
Hong Kong 2.9
Japan 2.8
Sweden 2.7
Bermuda 2.4
Singapore 2.3
Great post. Most of our population lives in cities. The 35 largest MSAs in the country cover about 60 percent of our population. The rural population is spread out all over which, as nearly everyone knows but some won't acknowledge, is the reason the Electoral College is so important!

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2019, 03:53 PM   #103
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
And you figure that the families pumping out 5, 6, 7 kids are the smartest on average?
Many great inventor came from large families : )
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #104
NormanConquest
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
This.

Retirement/elder care is literally, "you get what you pay for", Darwinism. And as far as kids go, it depends on how they were raised for the most part. Most people would be better off depending on Money vs Relatives for care if they are planning optimal care.
From my direct experience I can't agree, my neighbor who was 90 years old was fine until she went to a retirement home, she was found dead within a week, they claim 'shel fell down the stairs, despite living in a victoria house and never showing any issues going up and down stairs.

My co-workers was in tears three weeks ago because of the condition of her mother, she war certain she was going to pass away, i suggested maybe taking her out of state care, which she thought was a good idea, she pulled her out her mother improve drastically where she discover they was just over drugging her mom on purpose to keel her quite.

My other point was pointing out ss and all the current medical system are heavily subsidized by tax collections in the state level. If the majority stops having kids who is going to pay for that medical care when all those singles retire?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 04:06 PM   #105
Dagamus_NM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
From my direct experience I can't agree, my neighbor who was 90 years old was fine until she went to a retirement home, she was found dead within a week, they claim 'shel fell down the stairs, despite living in a victoria house and never showing any issues going up and down stairs.

My co-workers was in tears three weeks ago because of the condition of her mother, she war certain she was going to pass away, i suggested maybe taking her out of state care, which she thought was a good idea, she pulled her out her mother improve drastically where she discover they was just over drugging her mom on purpose to keel her quite.

My other point was pointing out ss and all the current medical system are heavily subsidized by tax collections in the state level. If the majority stops having kids who is going to pay for that medical care when all those singles retire?
Horrible. Will it be better in the future? I doubt it.

We need at a minimum a stable population size and that might not keep these things solvent. It is all built on growth, kind of like a pyramid scheme.

We need people, they might not speak English when they arrive but their kids will.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #106
adc100
Major
Rep

[QUOTE=Dagamus_NM;25209940 . We do not have that problem in this country unless you believe that the United States is overpopulated or "full" as our president does.[/quote]
The issue in the U.S. is uneducated unemployed, unskilled people on welfare/medical coverage in the U.S. Procreate more than those that are ambitious, skilled, educated, and ambitious IN THE U.S. This is a paradigm for failure no matter the country. Not sure how you twisted it around..well I really do.

Quote:
You better go back and see the mortality statistics in the bulk of Africa..scheesch

Quote:
I never disputed that.

Quote:
Infant mortality is 5.8 in the U.S. Infant mortality : "Infant mortality is the death of an infant before his or her first birthday." Your list is numbers of infant deaths per 1000 live births.
https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...tmortality.htm
Your list is meaningless. But put in the African countries and compare them to the U.S.

Thanks for playing. No point arguing when you change the premise of the discussion.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 05:16 PM   #107
Dagamus_NM
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The issue in the U.S. is uneducated unemployed, unskilled people on welfare/medical coverage in the U.S. Procreate more than those that are ambitious, skilled, educated, and ambitious IN THE U.S. This is a paradigm for failure no matter the country. Not sure how you twisted it around..well I really do.

You better go back and see the mortality statistics in the bulk of Africa..scheesch

I never disputed that.

Infant mortality is 5.8 in the U.S. Infant mortality : "Infant mortality is the death of an infant before his or her first birthday." Your list is numbers of infant deaths per 1000 live births.
https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...tmortality.htm
Your list is meaningless. But put in the African countries and compare them to the U.S.

Thanks for playing. No point arguing when you change the premise of the discussion.
LOL, do boomers even read what they post links to?

Second paragraph of your link:

Infant mortality is the death of an infant before his or her first birthday. The infant mortality rate is the number of infant deaths for every 1,000 live births. In addition to giving us key information about maternal and infant health, the infant mortality rate is an important marker of the overall health of a society. In 2017, the infant mortality rate in the United States was 5.8 deaths per 1,000 live births. (See Mortality in the United States, 2017).
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 10:50 PM   #108
adc100
Major
Rep

Quote:
LOL, do boomers even read what they post links to?

Second paragraph of your link:

Infant mortality is the death of an infant before his or her first birthday. The infant mortality rate is the number of infant deaths for every 1,000 live births. In addition to giving us key information about maternal and infant health, the infant mortality rate is an important marker of the overall health of a society. In 2017, the infant mortality rate in the United States was 5.8 deaths per 1,000 live births. (See Mortality in the United States, 2017).
Yes but apparently you could not follow it. You indicated it was 6.2. Its 5.8. You still apparently don't understand that the Infant mortality rate is the number of infant deaths before the age of one compared to live births. You and possibly your data (you did not give a link) implies it is the number of deaths over births.

Don't know and now don't care.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 01:01 AM   #109
EstorilM240
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i 6MT

Is social change a one way street, or is it possible to have an American society with increasing levels of patriotism, children, and religiosity? Under what conditions does that happen?

Nearly every trend observed is linear across the generations, sometimes massively so. Only community involvement has a millenial bump upward.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 03:49 AM   #110
Ivan Ivanov
First Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: X1, X3

The main purpose of any animal species is the continuation of the genus. Everything else (work, career, art, tolerance, etc.) is a trifle and nonsense.
Apparently - humanity has little left to live...
Appreciate 2
Run Silent12414.50
MKSixer15734.50