M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Official: No M8 Coupe or Convertible for 2021 model year

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-21-2020, 03:56 PM   #199
Resjudicata
Major
Resjudicata's Avatar
United_States
471
Rep
1,114
Posts

Drives: M850i convertible
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Dulles Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Lexus looks more like Mercedes, but it's available at least.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...ocialflowFBCAD
Shockingly this is one case where the spindle grill works. The LC honestly is pretty gorgeous. Still feels weird to say that about a Lexus but that NA V8 and gorgeous interior all that with Toyota reliability too, now just fix the damn infotainment!
that's what bloozemanAZ said too!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 07:40 AM   #200
eman6306
Enthusiast
United_States
200
Rep
119
Posts

Drives: '19 911 4S, '18 X1, 5 past BMW
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by farishat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPichardo View Post
BMW just told us that there won't be a 2021 M8 Coupe or Convertible for the US.
That's ok, cause a Ford Mustang looks exactly like the coupe and convertible, and much cheaper
On a forum chock full of ridiculous comments, this one takes the cake.

Might wanna make an urgent appointment with an eye doctor.
Not really, every time I see one mustang is the first thing that comes to mind.
Nice try, but pictures don't do the 8-Series justice. I live in Chicago which has a metropolitan area with over 12 million people, so I've seen tons of 2020 Mustangs in person while driving around. Never once did I mistake it for a BMW. I will reluctantly admit that it looks pretty good for a Ford, although they infamously "borrow" design language from premium brands. I'm talking to you Aston Martin grille on a Focus, and new Explorer cloned shamelessly from LR Discovery....

Here's what matters: If an 8 Series coupe pulled up next to a Mustang in traffic, the Ford would drive itself directly into the nearest sewer. And that's just talking about the EXTERIOR! The BMW is simply in a different league as an overall automobile.

Amusingly, your post reminds me of when people used to say the 2010 Chrysler 300's looked like Rolls Royces. Another absolutely ridiculous comparison in every sense of the word.
I remember that but think it was the Chrysler 300 looks like Bentley
yes. the comparison was to the Bentley
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 06:32 PM   #201
jstein55
Brigadier General
jstein55's Avatar
United_States
5382
Rep
3,243
Posts

Drives: Mercedes-Benz/BMW
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by debdoub View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
One of the best looking Bimmers but the price is not for everyone.
I personally love the GC because is more useable for family
Not sure about best looking, l find this is the best looking. Just opinion.
The 6GC is timeless and almost perfect (only ding for me is the hood-line).
__________________
Daily: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS 53 Weekend: 2008 BMW Z4 M Wife's: 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 Son's: 2005 BMW X3 3.0i
Retired:1995 E36 325i 5MT / 2004 E46 330i 6MT / 2011 E90 335xi / 2017 G30 540i / 2017 982 Boxster S 6MT / 2019 F87 M2C 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 08:38 PM   #202
bloozemanAZ
Major
bloozemanAZ's Avatar
839
Rep
1,032
Posts

Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Shockingly this is one case where the spindle grill works. The LC honestly is pretty gorgeous. Still feels weird to say that about a Lexus but that NA V8 and gorgeous interior all that with Toyota reliability too, now just fix the damn infotainment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
that's what bloozemanAZ said too!
In all honesty in my final down select of potential coupes resulting in the LC 500 and the M850i the hands down winner from the exterior point-of-view is the LC 500 no questions asked. The spindle grill is indeed the first car in which it truly blends into the the overall front-end vs a seemingly "bolt on" afterthought to keep inline with the new design.

In fact with the LC 500 Convertible now on the market it just ramps it up as perhaps the best looking coupe convertible as well. In regards to the grill I found this video review that gets more into the detail than I had ever paid attention to. Forget the fact that these two guys are absolute dorks but here is the discussion of the grill itself and the intricate details
.

As for the NA V8, it is truly gorgeous from a soundscape that is active at all times. In fact unlike BMW and others that leverage the audio system to generate fabricated engine noise in the cabin Lexus pioneered membrane technology in the LC to let the natural sound of the engine into the cabin. Although with my audiophile habit a couple of my test drives with the LC 500 solely focused on the Mark Levinson audio the final drive had the audio system completely shut off so I could just relish in the sound of the engine.

Although performance was my number 1 criteria I may have overlooked the LC 500's sub par capabilities compared the M850i but ultimately the kiss of death was the Infotainment. Seriously? WTF? Granted my outgoing sports sedan was a Lexus and over a decade old so its Infotainment was on par for the time but what Lexus is offering today is light years behind iDrive. The irony being if someone asked my 10 years ago if an Infotainment (the term didn't even exist at the time) system would be my deciding factor on a car purchase I probably would have laughed. However, fast forward the clock to now and it was absolutely no joking matter whatsoever.

Last edited by bloozemanAZ; 07-25-2020 at 05:38 PM..
Appreciate 2
jstein555381.50

      07-24-2020, 01:06 PM   #203
peeej
Lieutenant
peeej's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
544
Posts

Drives: Former E92 owner
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

they should've given an option for M/T.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 11:25 PM   #204
Resjudicata
Major
Resjudicata's Avatar
United_States
471
Rep
1,114
Posts

Drives: M850i convertible
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Dulles Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
Shockingly this is one case where the spindle grill works. The LC honestly is pretty gorgeous. Still feels weird to say that about a Lexus but that NA V8 and gorgeous interior all that with Toyota reliability too, now just fix the damn infotainment!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
that's what bloozemanAZ said too!
In all honesty in my final down select of potential coupes resulting in the LC 500 and the M850i the hands down winner from the exterior point-of-view is the LC 500 no questions asked. The spindle grill is indeed the first car in which it truly blends into the the overall front-end vs a seemingly "bolt on" afterthought to keep inline with the new design.

In fact with the LC 500 Convertible now on the market it just ramps it up as perhaps the best looking coupe convertible as well. In regards to the grill I found this video review that gets more into the detail than I had ever paid attention to. Forget the fact that these two guys are absolute dorks but here is the discussion of the grill itself and the intricate details
.

As for the NA V8, it is truly gorgeous from a soundscape that is active at all times. In fact unlike BMW and others that leverage the audio system to generate fabricated engine noise in the cabin Lexus pioneered membrane technology in the LC to let the natural sound of the engine into the cabin. Although with my audiophile habit a couple of my test drives with the LC 500 solely focused on the Mark Levinson audio the final drive had the audio system completely shut off so I could just relish in the sound of the engine.

Although performance was my number 1 criteria I may have overlooked the LC 500's sub par capabilities compared the M850i but ultimately the kiss of death was the Infotainment. Seriously? WTF? Granted my outgoing sports sedan was a Lexus and over a decade old so its Infotainment was on par for the time but what Lexus is offering today is light years behind iDrive. The irony being if someone asked my 10 years ago if an Infotainment (the term didn't even exist as the time) system would be my deciding factor on a car purchase I probably would have laughed. However, fast forward the clock to now and it was absolutely no joking matter whatsoever.
Technology matters as cars are now 1/2 computers, 1/2 engine.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 07:12 AM   #205
BMWGirlFL
First Lieutenant
BMWGirlFL's Avatar
United_States
929
Rep
314
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
https://europe.autonews.com/automake...lify-us-lineup
Quote:
Mercedes will cut 7 cars to simplify U.S. lineup
With car sales in freefall in the U.S., Mercedes-Benz is moving to reduce its exposure in the vehicle segment.
The luxury automaker plans to jettison seven car models from the U.S. market, Mercedes-Benz USA CEO Nicholas Speeks told dealers during a webinar in late June. Speeks did not identify the models or offer a timeline, according to retailers who heard the presentation.
But according to a source familiar with the plans, there could be more than seven models. Those under consideration are the coupe and convertible versions of the S-, C- and E-Class nameplates, as well as the CLS coupe and one of the brand's GT models, according to the source.
A Mercedes spokesman declined to comment on the brand's U.S. product plans.
The portfolio paring is a significant sign of change for a global marque that built its identity on luxury sedans, coupes and convertibles. But U.S. demand for cars has slumped, as Americans flock to roomier and more practical crossovers. Luxury car sales in the U.S. declined 37 percent in the past five years, compared with a 73 percent increase in luxury crossovers in that period, according to the Automotive News Data Center.
Mercedes' product pruning is geared toward reducing complexity and cost -- for the company and retailers. The brand's bloated U.S. portfolio has nearly doubled to 15 nameplates since 2000. Including engine variants and body styles, the lineup in the U.S. has ballooned to more than 100 versions.
Product expansion has made it harder for consumers to differentiate between models, and added complexity and cost for dealers, said Jeff Aiosa, owner of Mercedes-Benz of New London in Connecticut. "Reducing model proliferation is good. We've been asking for that," Aiosa said. "Whether or not seven models is enough, time will tell."
Mercedes acknowledges the multiple body styles and engine variants have added cost and complexity in inventory management for its retailers. "Do we need all the products that we currently have?" Speeks told Automotive News in May. "We also have to play our part in cutting our costs to meet our means."
The U.S. product consolidation comes as Daimler launches a global cost-cutting plan to prepare for pricey investment in electrification and self-driving technologies. That broader plan could also involve culling entire engine families and platforms.
Sunsetting sedans
Mercedes isn't just pulling car models from its U.S. stores; it also is yanking their production out of its North American factories to make room for more desirable -- and more profitable -- crossovers and SUVs.
Daimler confirmed this month that it will relocate production of the C-Class sedan from its plant in Vance, Ala., to factories in Germany, South Africa and China. Automotive News reported those plans more than a year ago.
And the company will end production of the A-Class compact sedan at its Daimler-Nissan joint-venture factory in Aguascalientes, Mexico, after just two years.
Luxury automakers, especially the Germans, have historically chased market niches -- offering a vehicle for every imaginable taste. That unbridled expansion is now catching up with the brands.
While most automakers limit their lineups to one or two coupes or convertibles, Mercedes-Benz has attempted to claim every price range with two-door models, despite evaporating demand for the body style.
Modern-day, four-door sedans have adapted the sportier styling that once was the trademark of coupes, said Sam Fiorani, vice president at AutoForecast Solutions."
With the added utility of rear doors and a fully usable back seat, sedans have made two-door models redundant," Fiorani said. "Two-door coupes and convertibles now only appeal to a handful of buyers who find the extra openings offensive. These buyers are slowly moving to sedans or utilities, or aging out of personal vehicles altogether."
Coupes and convertibles are a shrinking part of a shrinking segment, in a shrinking overall market, noted Greg Gates, vice president at Swickard Auto Group, which operates three Mercedes-Benz stores."
There's just not that many customers who are looking for a $150,000 convertible," said Gates, referring to the S-Class convertible.
"Are there customers for coupe and cabs from time to time? Sure. But we still have plenty of great products to sell to them and we can find something that's going to fit their needs."
Mercedes is looking to dump other low-volume sporty sedan models, too. The automaker discontinued production of the low-volume SLC roadster in April. U.S. sales of the SLC dropped to 1,840 last year and have fallen steadily since topping 10,000 a year in the early 2000s.
It's unclear which AMG GT model Mercedes plans to cut from its U.S. lineup. Fiorani forecasts that the four-door coupe will be discontinued globally once the product life cycle ends in 2023. The four-door GT and CLS compete for the same buyers in the price range with the S-Class sedan, reducing the profit on all three models.
Electrics coming
Adjusting the product lineup is the "right first step" in addressing the demand cannibalization among models, Gates said. But Mercedes must be careful to not overdo it and risk alienating customers."
It's good that MBUSA is taking measured steps," Gates said. "You don't want to lose 10,000 customers from a brand perspective."
Even as Mercedes backs away from some combustion engine-powered models in the U.S., the automaker is gearing up to bring a fleet of battery-powered vehicles. Next year should see the introduction of three electric models.
Emphasis added.
__________________

Appreciates appreciated.
Appreciate 1
jstein555381.50

      07-27-2020, 10:42 AM   #206
Resjudicata
Major
Resjudicata's Avatar
United_States
471
Rep
1,114
Posts

Drives: M850i convertible
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Dulles Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
https://europe.autonews.com/automake...lify-us-lineup
Quote:
Mercedes will cut 7 cars to simplify U.S. lineup
With car sales in freefall in the U.S., Mercedes-Benz is moving to reduce its exposure in the vehicle segment.
The luxury automaker plans to jettison seven car models from the U.S. market, Mercedes-Benz USA CEO Nicholas Speeks told dealers during a webinar in late June. Speeks did not identify the models or offer a timeline, according to retailers who heard the presentation.
But according to a source familiar with the plans, there could be more than seven models. Those under consideration are the coupe and convertible versions of the S-, C- and E-Class nameplates, as well as the CLS coupe and one of the brand's GT models, according to the source.
A Mercedes spokesman declined to comment on the brand's U.S. product plans.
The portfolio paring is a significant sign of change for a global marque that built its identity on luxury sedans, coupes and convertibles. But U.S. demand for cars has slumped, as Americans flock to roomier and more practical crossovers. Luxury car sales in the U.S. declined 37 percent in the past five years, compared with a 73 percent increase in luxury crossovers in that period, according to the Automotive News Data Center.
Mercedes' product pruning is geared toward reducing complexity and cost -- for the company and retailers. The brand's bloated U.S. portfolio has nearly doubled to 15 nameplates since 2000. Including engine variants and body styles, the lineup in the U.S. has ballooned to more than 100 versions.
Product expansion has made it harder for consumers to differentiate between models, and added complexity and cost for dealers, said Jeff Aiosa, owner of Mercedes-Benz of New London in Connecticut. "Reducing model proliferation is good. We've been asking for that," Aiosa said. "Whether or not seven models is enough, time will tell."
Mercedes acknowledges the multiple body styles and engine variants have added cost and complexity in inventory management for its retailers. "Do we need all the products that we currently have?" Speeks told Automotive News in May. "We also have to play our part in cutting our costs to meet our means."
The U.S. product consolidation comes as Daimler launches a global cost-cutting plan to prepare for pricey investment in electrification and self-driving technologies. That broader plan could also involve culling entire engine families and platforms.
Sunsetting sedans
Mercedes isn't just pulling car models from its U.S. stores; it also is yanking their production out of its North American factories to make room for more desirable -- and more profitable -- crossovers and SUVs.
Daimler confirmed this month that it will relocate production of the C-Class sedan from its plant in Vance, Ala., to factories in Germany, South Africa and China. Automotive News reported those plans more than a year ago.
And the company will end production of the A-Class compact sedan at its Daimler-Nissan joint-venture factory in Aguascalientes, Mexico, after just two years.
Luxury automakers, especially the Germans, have historically chased market niches -- offering a vehicle for every imaginable taste. That unbridled expansion is now catching up with the brands.
While most automakers limit their lineups to one or two coupes or convertibles, Mercedes-Benz has attempted to claim every price range with two-door models, despite evaporating demand for the body style.
Modern-day, four-door sedans have adapted the sportier styling that once was the trademark of coupes, said Sam Fiorani, vice president at AutoForecast Solutions."
With the added utility of rear doors and a fully usable back seat, sedans have made two-door models redundant," Fiorani said. "Two-door coupes and convertibles now only appeal to a handful of buyers who find the extra openings offensive. These buyers are slowly moving to sedans or utilities, or aging out of personal vehicles altogether."
Coupes and convertibles are a shrinking part of a shrinking segment, in a shrinking overall market, noted Greg Gates, vice president at Swickard Auto Group, which operates three Mercedes-Benz stores."
There's just not that many customers who are looking for a $150,000 convertible," said Gates, referring to the S-Class convertible.
"Are there customers for coupe and cabs from time to time? Sure. But we still have plenty of great products to sell to them and we can find something that's going to fit their needs."
Mercedes is looking to dump other low-volume sporty sedan models, too. The automaker discontinued production of the low-volume SLC roadster in April. U.S. sales of the SLC dropped to 1,840 last year and have fallen steadily since topping 10,000 a year in the early 2000s.
It's unclear which AMG GT model Mercedes plans to cut from its U.S. lineup. Fiorani forecasts that the four-door coupe will be discontinued globally once the product life cycle ends in 2023. The four-door GT and CLS compete for the same buyers in the price range with the S-Class sedan, reducing the profit on all three models.
Electrics coming
Adjusting the product lineup is the "right first step" in addressing the demand cannibalization among models, Gates said. But Mercedes must be careful to not overdo it and risk alienating customers."
It's good that MBUSA is taking measured steps," Gates said. "You don't want to lose 10,000 customers from a brand perspective."
Even as Mercedes backs away from some combustion engine-powered models in the U.S., the automaker is gearing up to bring a fleet of battery-powered vehicles. Next year should see the introduction of three electric models.
Emphasis added.
Yeah there is another thread about a guy trying to buy a Mercedes convertible and can't get one. so he might get a BMW convertible.

Everything is going to SUVs and hybrid or electric all together. I'd wager that anything in that isn't an SUV will be completely gone in a decade.

I'm just glad we have 3 cars with a v8 engine and 1 smaller car a natural v6. it won't be long before you can't find a v8 in anything smaller than a full size truck/suv body on frame. even SUVs are going all unibody and away from the truck frame.
Appreciate 1
LSM306.00

      07-27-2020, 03:21 PM   #207
jstein55
Brigadier General
jstein55's Avatar
United_States
5382
Rep
3,243
Posts

Drives: Mercedes-Benz/BMW
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
https://europe.autonews.com/automake...lify-us-lineup
Quote:
Mercedes will cut 7 cars to simplify U.S. lineup
With car sales in freefall in the U.S., Mercedes-Benz is moving to reduce its exposure in the vehicle segment.
The luxury automaker plans to jettison seven car models from the U.S. market, Mercedes-Benz USA CEO Nicholas Speeks told dealers during a webinar in late June. Speeks did not identify the models or offer a timeline, according to retailers who heard the presentation.
But according to a source familiar with the plans, there could be more than seven models. Those under consideration are the coupe and convertible versions of the S-, C- and E-Class nameplates, as well as the CLS coupe and one of the brand's GT models, according to the source.
A Mercedes spokesman declined to comment on the brand's U.S. product plans.
The portfolio paring is a significant sign of change for a global marque that built its identity on luxury sedans, coupes and convertibles. But U.S. demand for cars has slumped, as Americans flock to roomier and more practical crossovers. Luxury car sales in the U.S. declined 37 percent in the past five years, compared with a 73 percent increase in luxury crossovers in that period, according to the Automotive News Data Center.
Mercedes' product pruning is geared toward reducing complexity and cost -- for the company and retailers. The brand's bloated U.S. portfolio has nearly doubled to 15 nameplates since 2000. Including engine variants and body styles, the lineup in the U.S. has ballooned to more than 100 versions.
Product expansion has made it harder for consumers to differentiate between models, and added complexity and cost for dealers, said Jeff Aiosa, owner of Mercedes-Benz of New London in Connecticut. "Reducing model proliferation is good. We've been asking for that," Aiosa said. "Whether or not seven models is enough, time will tell."
Mercedes acknowledges the multiple body styles and engine variants have added cost and complexity in inventory management for its retailers. "Do we need all the products that we currently have?" Speeks told Automotive News in May. "We also have to play our part in cutting our costs to meet our means."
The U.S. product consolidation comes as Daimler launches a global cost-cutting plan to prepare for pricey investment in electrification and self-driving technologies. That broader plan could also involve culling entire engine families and platforms.
Sunsetting sedans
Mercedes isn't just pulling car models from its U.S. stores; it also is yanking their production out of its North American factories to make room for more desirable -- and more profitable -- crossovers and SUVs.
Daimler confirmed this month that it will relocate production of the C-Class sedan from its plant in Vance, Ala., to factories in Germany, South Africa and China. Automotive News reported those plans more than a year ago.
And the company will end production of the A-Class compact sedan at its Daimler-Nissan joint-venture factory in Aguascalientes, Mexico, after just two years.
Luxury automakers, especially the Germans, have historically chased market niches -- offering a vehicle for every imaginable taste. That unbridled expansion is now catching up with the brands.
While most automakers limit their lineups to one or two coupes or convertibles, Mercedes-Benz has attempted to claim every price range with two-door models, despite evaporating demand for the body style.
Modern-day, four-door sedans have adapted the sportier styling that once was the trademark of coupes, said Sam Fiorani, vice president at AutoForecast Solutions."
With the added utility of rear doors and a fully usable back seat, sedans have made two-door models redundant," Fiorani said. "Two-door coupes and convertibles now only appeal to a handful of buyers who find the extra openings offensive. These buyers are slowly moving to sedans or utilities, or aging out of personal vehicles altogether."
Coupes and convertibles are a shrinking part of a shrinking segment, in a shrinking overall market, noted Greg Gates, vice president at Swickard Auto Group, which operates three Mercedes-Benz stores."
There's just not that many customers who are looking for a $150,000 convertible," said Gates, referring to the S-Class convertible.
"Are there customers for coupe and cabs from time to time? Sure. But we still have plenty of great products to sell to them and we can find something that's going to fit their needs."
Mercedes is looking to dump other low-volume sporty sedan models, too. The automaker discontinued production of the low-volume SLC roadster in April. U.S. sales of the SLC dropped to 1,840 last year and have fallen steadily since topping 10,000 a year in the early 2000s.
It's unclear which AMG GT model Mercedes plans to cut from its U.S. lineup. Fiorani forecasts that the four-door coupe will be discontinued globally once the product life cycle ends in 2023. The four-door GT and CLS compete for the same buyers in the price range with the S-Class sedan, reducing the profit on all three models.
Electrics coming
Adjusting the product lineup is the "right first step" in addressing the demand cannibalization among models, Gates said. But Mercedes must be careful to not overdo it and risk alienating customers."
It's good that MBUSA is taking measured steps," Gates said. "You don't want to lose 10,000 customers from a brand perspective."
Even as Mercedes backs away from some combustion engine-powered models in the U.S., the automaker is gearing up to bring a fleet of battery-powered vehicles. Next year should see the introduction of three electric models.
Emphasis added.
I saw this, sad too because I love my CLS and the E & S-Coupe, especially their lack of B-pillars! There's a rumor that possibly the C and E-coupe will become one model, a "CLE-Coupe" as a replacement for both cars (essentially the return of the CLK).
__________________
Daily: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS 53 Weekend: 2008 BMW Z4 M Wife's: 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 Son's: 2005 BMW X3 3.0i
Retired:1995 E36 325i 5MT / 2004 E46 330i 6MT / 2011 E90 335xi / 2017 G30 540i / 2017 982 Boxster S 6MT / 2019 F87 M2C 6MT
Appreciate 1
LSM306.00

      07-27-2020, 03:43 PM   #208
subterFUSE
Second Lieutenant
United_States
113
Rep
223
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M5C, 2012 MB S63 AMG
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Mt Pleasant, SC

iTrader: (0)

I really wanted to get an S63 coupe after I am finished with my current S63 sedan.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 03:53 PM   #209
jstein55
Brigadier General
jstein55's Avatar
United_States
5382
Rep
3,243
Posts

Drives: Mercedes-Benz/BMW
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by subterFUSE View Post
I really wanted to get an S63 coupe after I am finished with my current S63 sedan.
Do it, they're so beautiful inside and out and the perfect luxury coupe, and best of all... no b-pillar! I looked at this S550 a few years ago but didn't make an offer. Definitely gonna search for used S-Coupe's after my CLS lease knowing that this will be the last generation.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Daily: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS 53 Weekend: 2008 BMW Z4 M Wife's: 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 Son's: 2005 BMW X3 3.0i
Retired:1995 E36 325i 5MT / 2004 E46 330i 6MT / 2011 E90 335xi / 2017 G30 540i / 2017 982 Boxster S 6MT / 2019 F87 M2C 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2020, 12:21 AM   #210
brad850csi
Lieutenant Colonel
772
Rep
1,855
Posts

Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

I'd do an S65 and a smaller car, perhaps an Alpina B3 Touring as a pretty sweet 2 car fleet.

I'm actually stuck with what to replace the M6 with
__________________
SCOTT26 "So as an admirer of the M5 and a potential customer of an M5 Touring. I would run naked around the streets of Garching if they were to offer one."
Appreciate 1
somer260.50

      07-28-2020, 11:08 AM   #211
RPM33
Lieutenant
218
Rep
415
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Tampa, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resjudicata View Post
Yeah there is another thread about a guy trying to buy a Mercedes convertible and can't get one. so he might get a BMW convertible.

Everything is going to SUVs and hybrid or electric all together. I'd wager that anything in that isn't an SUV will be completely gone in a decade.

I'm just glad we have 3 cars with a v8 engine and 1 smaller car a natural v6. it won't be long before you can't find a v8 in anything smaller than a full size truck/suv body on frame. even SUVs are going all unibody and away from the truck frame.
Agreed. SUVS, hybrids, and electric are all depressing.
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2020, 04:36 PM   #212
BMWGirlFL
First Lieutenant
BMWGirlFL's Avatar
United_States
929
Rep
314
Posts

Drives: Z4 M40i
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List

Name:  m81.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  245.4 KB

Name:  m82.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  39.0 KB

Name:  m83.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  116.8 KB

Name:  m84.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  123.7 KB

Name:  m85.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  123.6 KB

Name:  m86.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  116.6 KB

Name:  m87.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  79.3 KB

Name:  m88.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  78.4 KB

Name:  m89.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  193.5 KB
__________________

Appreciates appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 06:50 PM   #213
Greer
Major
Greer's Avatar
568
Rep
1,225
Posts

Drives: 2019 M5 Competition
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

The M8 is a beautiful car and fast. Are there a lot for lease on second-hand sites like swapalease?
__________________
2019 F90 M5 Competition & 2019 M2 Competition
2017 F80 M3 Competition
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 07:08 PM   #214
Resjudicata
Major
Resjudicata's Avatar
United_States
471
Rep
1,114
Posts

Drives: M850i convertible
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Dulles Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greer View Post
The M8 is a beautiful car and fast. Are there a lot for lease on second-hand sites like swapalease?
Yes
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 07:28 PM   #215
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
The Automotive Enthusiast's Avatar
United_States
2545
Rep
3,414
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: DMV

iTrader: (1)

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/08/bm...3vQdZ7LCXMwUu0

Confirmed that they'll be back for 2022.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.

Last edited by The Automotive Enthusiast; 08-11-2020 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 09:03 PM   #216
Gdiddy23
Captain
404
Rep
781
Posts

Drives: 2020 M340i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: St. Paul, MN

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Automotive Enthusiast View Post
https://www.carscoops.com/2020/08/bm...3vQdZ7LCXMwUu0

Confirmed that they'll be back for 2021.
This says that they'll be back in 2022 presumably once leftover stock has been depleted?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 09:39 PM   #217
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
The Automotive Enthusiast's Avatar
United_States
2545
Rep
3,414
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: DMV

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdiddy23 View Post
This says that they'll be back in 2022 presumably once leftover stock has been depleted?
Yeah, I mistyped that. The 2021 model is canceled but they'll return for 2022.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 11:05 PM   #218
bloozemanAZ
Major
bloozemanAZ's Avatar
839
Rep
1,032
Posts

Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Automotive Enthusiast View Post
https://www.carscoops.com/2020/08/bm...3vQdZ7LCXMwUu0

Confirmed that they'll be back for 2022.
Saw the Carscoops posting as it hit my news feed yesterday and was a welcomed bit of news for the day vs the dismal COVID-19 updates, etc.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 PM.




m8
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST