M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion M850 tire q - what do you think OEM takeoffs are worth?

08-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #1
ucla95
Striker
Rep
Drives: Slow cars

M850 tire q - what do you think OEM takeoffs are worth?

I have my OEM Pilot Sports from my M850 that I'm about to take off with ~1800 miles. No repairs, or track days, or anything strange; just normal usage. What do you think an appropriate selling price should be? Looks like new set from tirerack shipped w tax would be roughly $1775. 1/2? less? more?

or just keep them for lease return? (I'm going to non-runflats)

tia
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2020, 02:27 PM   #2
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

1/2 off is a good price if you don't have to have run flats upon lease return
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 08:14 PM   #3
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
1/2 off is a good price if you don't have to have run flats upon lease return
I watched all of the BMW FS videos regarding lease returns prior to my 2020 M850i lease as it was my first foray into the leasing world. If memory serves the only aspect with the tires is tread depth, i.e., if you meet the minimum requirements for a functional tire no issues. Hence, I doubt if BMW will care if there are run flats or non-run flats on the car at the time of turn in but rather just the quality of the tread. Others with real-world lease return experience can likely offer greater clarity.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2020, 11:11 AM   #4
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95 View Post
I have my OEM Pilot Sports from my M850 that I'm about to take off with ~1800 miles. No repairs, or track days, or anything strange; just normal usage. What do you think an appropriate selling price should be? Looks like new set from tirerack shipped w tax would be roughly $1775. 1/2? less? more?

or just keep them for lease return? (I'm going to non-runflats)

tia
If they are roughly $1800, then $900 is certainly a fair price. Also you will love the comfort of the non-run flats, big improvement.

At the risk of repeating above, you will need some clean tires to turn in, so if your lease is 36k total miles and your at around 34k; new tires will take you 30-32k easily. However, you're likely be due for new tires at the end - depending how much you drive.

If it was me, and you have storage space; I'd save them to turn in at lease end. Because it's probably hard to find any new tires for $900 to turn in at the end, and you're probably need a new set.
Appreciate 0