M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Missing Tech

08-07-2020, 02:30 PM   #1
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Missing Tech

Not that it's a big deal, but I'm surprised that some luxury tech found on X5/6 didn't find itself in the 8 series such as massage seats or even passenger seat control from the drivers seat. I might be missing other features but those are the ones I noticed for now.
Another thing is Sunglasses holder, I loved the one I head in the overhead console in my F86, where do you guys store your sunglasses when not in use?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 08:25 PM   #2
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeMdblU View Post
Not that it's a big deal, but I'm surprised that some luxury tech found on X5/6 didn't find itself in the 8 series such as massage seats or even passenger seat control from the drivers seat. I might be missing other features but those are the ones I noticed for now.
Another thing is Sunglasses holder, I loved the one I head in the overhead console in my F86, where do you guys store your sunglasses when not in use?
Interesting as my wife's 2017 X5 does not have the ability to control the passenger seat from the driver's seat. I pretty much optioned it up but perhaps missed something along the way or it's something introduced on the later models. In regards to the sunglasses holder my wife's X5 has it but the complete irony is although it's her DD a pair of my Oakleys are in it for when I'm doing the driving. The reason being that the ridiculously over sized frames on her Gucci, LV and other sunglasses will not properly fit in it. Don't get me started but that's the women's fashion world.

For my M850i I keep another pair of Oakley's in their case within the drivers side door "storage bin". I initially started with them in the center console storage area but frankly the plastic mechanism for opening/closing it is not the greatest quality so I figured the potential trouble free option was the drivers side door. A COVID-19 aspect of that is there is a panel in it up towards the front that makes a small space with a little recessed lip. Not sure what the intention was but it works perfectly for my small bottle of hand sanitizer.
Appreciate 1
BeeMdblU448.50
      08-07-2020, 10:44 PM   #3
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Interesting as my wife's 2017 X5 does not have the ability to control the passenger seat from the driver's seat. I pretty much optioned it up but perhaps missed something along the way or it's something introduced on the later models. In regards to the sunglasses holder my wife's X5 has it but the complete irony is although it's her DD a pair of my Oakleys are in it for when I'm doing the driving. The reason being that the ridiculously over sized frames on her Gucci, LV and other sunglasses will not properly fit in it. Don't get me started but that's the women's fashion world.

For my M850i I keep another pair of Oakley's in their case within the drivers side door "storage bin". I initially started with them in the center console storage area but frankly the plastic mechanism for opening/closing it is not the greatest quality so I figured the potential trouble free option was the drivers side door. A COVID-19 aspect of that is there is a panel in it up towards the front that makes a small space with a little recessed lip. Not sure what the intention was but it works perfectly for my small bottle of hand sanitizer.
controlling the passenger seat through drivers' is available on later models X5/6, I have my hand sanitizer in the spot you mentioned along with disposable gloves for fueling.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 01:15 AM   #4
RJC-1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M850XI

I wish the coupes/cabs had the massage seats

Topic permitting, I try to be objective as possible
Appreciate 0