BMW XM (G09) Forums General BMW XM Forum XM Label best deals

12-15-2023, 07:12 AM   #89
gotzillar
Private
Rep
Drives: 992S,X7M50i,EV6,TaycanGTS ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
For one thing, you’re not purchasing the vehicle, so you’re not going pay the typical Texas 6.25% vehicle sales tax on the full amount.
I thought we are in Texas. I paid over $4k in tax when we leased an X7 few years back.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 07:17 AM   #90
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotzillar View Post
I thought we are in Texas. I paid over $4k in tax when we leased an X7 few years back.
I don’t know how they arrive at those numbers. Mine is even lower than that on a more expensive vehicle because the trade-in amount is not taxed. Remember that these are just estimates. My lease payment is actually lower than $2,400 for 10,000 miles which replaces the $2,452 number on my deal sheet.

The three pricing brackets are for 7,500 miles, 10,000 miles, and 15,000 miles. The “Annual Mliage Allowed” statement is not relevant.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 07:19 AM   #91
fbuzila
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Just for reference, my lease payment is $1,500/month plus tax, zero down, 10k miles per year, on a 2023 XM base. (MSRP ~$162k); I think the discount, including any incentives was around $30k.
But it’s a 2023…
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 07:23 AM   #92
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbuzila View Post
Just for reference, my lease payment is $1,500/month plus tax, zero down, 10k miles per year, on a 2023 XM base. (MSRP ~$162k); I think the discount, including any incentives was around $30k.
But it’s a 2023…
He’s not going to get that on a 2024 this early - Especially since he’s in the Houston market. Every single new XM in the Houston area has sold in a matter of weeks since it first came out. Some dealers don’t discount at all aside from what sales incentives BMW Financial Services offers.

And to answer his earlier question about the sales tax, it might be because of the $7500 lease credit.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 07:25 AM   #93
fbuzila
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW XM

Btw I leased the car from Missouri…(and shipping to Florida)
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2023, 07:35 AM   #94
gotzillar
Private
Rep

Quote:
I don’t know how they arrive at those numbers. Mine is even lower than that on a more expensive vehicle because the trade-in amount is not taxed. Remember that these are just estimates. My lease payment is actually lower than $2,400 for 10,000 miles which replaces the $2,452 number on my deal sheet.

The three pricing brackets are for 7,500 miles, 10,000 miles, and 15,000 miles. The “Annual Mliage Allowed” statement is not relevant.
tax law changed? This was what I paid in tax 4 years ago on a X7 M50i...

Anyways, I'll tell Tony today that $30k off and he has a deal or Advantage has 2 in stock that I can also work on. Thank you for your help VirtualGuitars
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 07:39 AM   #95
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
tax law changed? This was what I paid in tax 4 years ago on a X7 M50i...

Anyways, I'll tell Tony today that $30k off and he has a deal or Advantage has 2 in stock that I can also work on. Thank you for your help VirtualGuitars
It might be because of the $7500 lease credit. Who knows what column on the books that falls in. Good luck dealing with Advantage. I “tried” to buy an XM directly from the general sales manager several weeks before the XM Labels started to arrive, and they were a disaster to work with. It was very clear they didn’t care and it showed. Here is what he said: “We don’t generally discount cars at our dealerships because our customers pay what we tell them to pay.” That was the end of the road for them.

They don’t have a very good reputation, so just consider that. They’re called advantage because they take advantage of people. No dealer is going to give you a total of $30,000 off a 2024 that just came out 6-7 weeks ago. Not going to happen. Especially in the Houston market where every single XM sells in a matter of weeks.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 07:53 AM   #96
gotzillar
Private
Rep

Quote:
It might be because of the $7500 lease credit. Who knows what column on the books that falls in. Good luck dealing with Advantage. I “tried” to buy an XM directly from the general sales manager several weeks before the XM Labels started to arrive, and they were a disaster to work with. It was very clear they didn’t care and it showed. Here is what he said: “We don’t generally discount cars at our dealerships because our customers pay what we tell them to pay.” That was the end of the road for them.

They don’t have a very good reputation, so just consider that. They’re called advantage because they take advantage of people. No dealer is going to give you a total of $30,000 off a 2024 that just came out 6-7 weeks ago. Not going to happen. Especially in the Houston market where every single XM sells in a matter of weeks.
Unfortunately all BMW dealers in Houston are like that till they finally realize it's not seller's market on high end BMWs anymore. I got 10% off on our X7 from Advantage but we needed to wait almost 1 month for their manager to say OK on the last day of the quarter.

It's fine if Momentum or Advantage wants to hold their XMs. My wife still likes her X7 M50i. My order on Cayenne S hybrid or Turbo hybrid is not locked although I do agree BMW is superior on infotainment/tech.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 08:04 AM   #97
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's fine if Momentum or Advantage wants to hold their XMs. My wife still likes her X7 M50i. My order on Cayenne S hybrid or Turbo hybrid is not locked although I do agree BMW is superior on infotainment/tech.
I think you’re missing the point. They’re not going to discount that much just because you ask them to. If vehicles are selling near full MSRP, why in the world will they do that? Plus the 2024s just came out. Until vehicles sit on lots for months unsold, there’s no reason for them to discount that much and take a loss. The dealers don’t make as much on these vehicles as you might think.

Dealers in smaller markets are more likely to discount higher because they want them off their lots. Houston is a fairly wealthy city, so everything will sell eventually. You’re more likely to get a discount like that on a 2023 because they want them off their lots.

Well, I tried to help. Best of luck on your decision.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 09:02 AM   #98
gotzillar
Private
Rep

Quote:
I think you’re missing the point. They’re not going to discount that much just because you ask them to. If vehicles are selling near full MSRP, why in the world will they do that? Plus the 2024s just came out. Until vehicles sit on lots for months unsold, there’s no reason for them to discount that much and take a loss. The dealers don’t make as much on these vehicles as you might think.

Dealers in smaller markets are more likely to discount higher because they want them off their lots. Houston is a fairly wealthy city, so everything will sell eventually. You’re more likely to get a discount like that on a 2023 because they want them off their lots.

Well, I tried to help. Best of luck on your decision.
Take a loss? Let's calculate it. $16k discount and we are also thinking the reason the tax is low could be the $7500 tax credit they factor in. So it's $23.5k already there. All the sudden, it's only $6.5k in difference. Would the dealer make the quota by selling this XM to get extra bonus before the year end? Maybe, maybe not. It's only a money game and no one "needs" an XM.

We will see. Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2023, 09:19 AM   #99
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Take a loss? Let's calculate it. $16k discount and we are also thinking the reason the tax is low could be the $7500 tax credit they factor in. So it's $23.5k already there. All the sudden, it's only $6.5k in difference. Would the dealer make the quota by selling this XM to get extra bonus before the year end? Maybe, maybe not. It's only a money game and no one "needs" an XM.

We will see. Thanks for your help.
The BMW Financial Services incentives have nothing to do with the sales price or what the dealer sells the vehicle for. That rebate comes back to them. They’re not going to take $20,000 off MSRP plus another $10,000 from BMW Financial Services on a brand new 2024 that just arrived at dealerships.

In other words, they’re calling it a $16,000 discount, but in actuality 7500/10K of that is coming from BMW Financial Services. BMW FS incentives are not discounts. It’s a play on words. Get your actual discount and then deduct the BMW FS incentives to get your net sales price.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2023, 04:41 PM   #100
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

If anyone is looking for an XM (Label or base) with a very fair discount, shoot me a PM. Can help with shipping too.
      01-22-2024, 09:57 PM   #101
Kaz109
Private
Rep
Drives: Audi, BMW , Ford

Hey guys, I just join today so I can post up a pic of the coat I got from my local dealer to see what you guys thought but it won’t let the new guy post to pic lol… here is the rough version of the details

Base XM Msrp -$163395.00

Sale Price - $142998.00

Rebate - $9,999

Cap Red - $5829.05

Residual - .5400

MF- . 0019000

10k mi/yr

Fees- $1423.75

Total payment - $1653.54

Ok what’s all what was on the quote so what do you guys thing? I have no idea what the cap red is or when the fee says $1423 then my payment jumps to $1653….. maybe tax and license
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2024, 12:15 AM   #102
Kaz109
Private
Rep

https://leasehackr.com/calculator?ma...sult_mode=true
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 11:00 AM   #103
Kaz109
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
If anyone is looking for an XM (Label or base) with a very fair discount, shoot me a PM. Can help with shipping too.
Can’t PM you man, gotta answer some of your messages
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2024, 12:08 PM   #104
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz109 View Post
Can’t PM you man, gotta answer some of your messages
Sorry about that. All good now.
      02-02-2024, 12:51 PM   #105
Kaz109
Private
Rep

Just got a quote for 5% off a label… is that standard or have some ppl seen them in the 10-12% range?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 02:06 PM   #106
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just got a quote for 5% off a label… is that standard or have some ppl seen them in the 10-12% range?
I bought mine the first day it arrived at my dealership. They all seem to start arriving the same week nationwide in the US.

Now this is a dealer I’ve done a ton of business with, but they ultimately gave me $13K off MSRP plus the $7500 lease incentive. They didn’t want to give me anything off especially The very first week, but they quickly changed their mind after I asked for my deposit back.

Don’t let the sales people throw the incentives at you like it’s them giving you a discount. You’re going to get that regardless of the final sales price.

They are a little more exclusive than the regular XM, but they still have plenty of wiggle room to negotiate.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2024, 04:03 PM   #107
Kaz109
Private
Rep

Quote:
I bought mine the first day it arrived at my dealership. They all seem to start arriving the same week nationwide in the US.

Now this is a dealer I’ve done a ton of business with, but they ultimately gave me $13K off MSRP plus the $7500 lease incentive. They didn’t want to give me anything off especially The very first week, but they quickly changed their mind after I asked for my deposit back.

Don’t let the sales people throw the incentives at you like it’s them giving you a discount. You’re going to get that regardless of the final sales price.

They are a little more exclusive than the regular XM, but they still have plenty of wiggle room to negotiate.
Right now I have a deal on a base that they are going to sell to me at $140k but it’s so hard for me to justify buying a “new” car that is already a calendar year old so I am trying to work the dealers on a label but I can’t get ANY to budge off 5%…… if I got 13k-15k off I’d pull the trigger but anything less and I just don’t feel the label would be worth the extra money ( for me)
Appreciate 1
      02-06-2024, 04:17 PM   #108
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Right now I have a deal on a base that they are going to sell to me at $140k but it’s so hard for me to justify buying a “new” car that is already a calendar year old so I am trying to work the dealers on a label but I can’t get ANY to budge off 5%…… if I got 13k-15k off I’d pull the trigger but anything less and I just don’t feel the label would be worth the extra money ( for me)
They can do it. My suggestion is put a deposit down, then change your mind 24 hours later. I think you’ll find they will change their tune when you ask for your money back.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 03:10 PM   #109
Kaz109
Private
Rep

A label just sold for 161k….. I found it but wasn’t sure about getting the frozen paint, by the time I researched it and called the dealer it was already sold! The search continues but now I know getting a label for 28k off is a possibility
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 03:45 PM   #110
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
A label just sold for 161k….. I found it but wasn’t sure about getting the frozen paint, by the time I researched it and called the dealer it was already sold! The search continues but now I know getting a label for 28k off is a possibility
That doesn’t seem very realistic. Perhaps it was a demo. I know for sure they don’t have that much margin in them and they’re not old enough to have been sitting there for months.

I got 13K off mine (and only because we have purchased so many vehicles from them), but that was also the first week they all started arriving to the dealerships in the US.
Appreciate 0