E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Why I HATE the Canadian BMW website redesign

09-16-2005, 10:07 PM   #1
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Angry Why I HATE the Canadian BMW website redesign

So I live out in the boonies, all the more reason to own TWO Bimmers.

That of course means no high speed internet, I surf at 40,000bps, well below the capabilities of my rippin' 56k modem!

The new BMW Canada website, launched last night, is all Macromedia Flash stuff (can you spell "loading"?), and there is no modem choice.

So anytime I want to go there at night and surf for whatever, I must tolerate this stupid site.

Thanks for listening. :mad:

On the happy side, my 325xi is now in production, and I should have it by Halloween!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2005, 10:22 PM   #2
benoitch
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman
So I live out in the boonies, all the more reason to own TWO Bimmers.

That of course means no high speed internet, I surf at 40,000bps, well below the capabilities of my rippin' 56k modem!

The new BMW Canada website, launched last night, is all Macromedia Flash stuff (can you spell "loading"?), and there is no modem choice.

So anytime I want to go there at night and surf for whatever, I must tolerate this stupid site.

Thanks for listening. :mad:

On the happy side, my 325xi is now in production, and I should have it by Halloween!
I hear ya. I used to have modem ... a long time ago. Once you taste the high speed, there is no turning back even if the price is so freaking high !!! Just like cars actually

I am happy for you and your soon to be new car. Mine just arrived this week in Novia-Scotia and should be delivered sometime at the end of september. Yes I decided to keep my order. For those not aware, I lost my job 1.5 week ago and I was wondering if I should cancel my order or keep it. Like you say, Ièm addicted so no cancello for me !

http://www.benoitchampagne.com
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2005, 10:23 PM   #3
BMW_Admirer
Rep
Drives: Dream Car!

You should change the tread title to "Why I HATE my Internet connection". Just a thought.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2005, 10:37 PM   #4
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Admirer
You should change the tread title to "Why I HATE my Internet connection". Just a thought.

Ha ha, you're right, but I have no choice out here, not even sattelite.

At work, of course, I can spend all day on the site (and I usually do).

Benoit, I'm glad you're toughing it out (!) and getting the car! Life is too short, man! If you need cash you can just sell a couple of those fine guitars!!!!! (just kidding, the furniture goes first!)
Appreciate 0