M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition Need help to lose weight (any advice)

03-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #67
08E60535iLCI
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 535i

ECA Stack

Ephedrine (Primatene pills from Drug Store) Caffeine and Aspirin

Drink a lot of water, at least a galon a day, exercise, walk, run, lift weights, whatever you can, and stop EATING GARBAGE.

You are what you eat simply put.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #68
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08E60535iLCI View Post
and stop EATING GARBAGE.

You are what you eat simply put.
Exactly! Eat whole, natural foods only that your body recognizes as food and can process it properly. Only shop in the outside circle of the grocery store. Fresh fruit and veggies, meat, dairy, bakery. Don't even go down the middle isles.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #69
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

It's a very simple my friend.
Burn more calories then you consume.
Do not quit smoking cause it will make you gain more wait. Diet is not as important as your eating habits. First eliminate simple sugars right away. And stop eating after 7 pm. You will loose alot of weight without going crazy at the gym. Simple walks will initiate the fat burning process. If you get on shakes and other supplements they are designed to give you added boost for workouts. Therefore stuff you with carbs. Unburned carbs turn into fat. And the circle continues . Good luck. Ps. Do not follow diets in the books and magazines. In order for those to be effective you have to do 45 cardio everyday and a full workout at least 3 times a week. It is possible to loose lots of weight without hitting the gym. Good luck.
Ps. It is very hard to a achieve your 80lbs loss. Make sure you set small goals and do not get discouraged. I have friends that compete and they do cardio for 3 hours a day. Now that's dedication. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #70
Daddy
Rep
Drives: Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyL3nTFoRcE View Post
HUGE UPDATE: So far i lost 50lbs i was at 330 back in DEC 2012 its March 2013 and im 280lbs but this is only dieting not exercise just recently i started excercising about 45min a day 10 min start running the rest on upper or lower and mid then another 10 min of running.

I am srry for the late response but now i have also started taking vitamins and a small amount of protien shakes to subsitute food sometimes.

Hopefully by end of april ill lose another 30lbs
So how did u lose 50lbs? awesome!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #71
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

turkey sandwiches on wheat all day long
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #72
DarkniteF12
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert Blk/SO

Great advice here...I recently lost 90 lbs and 17% body fat doing a 1000 calorie reduced "way of eating" until I reached my goal weight which was 190 lbs and a body fat % under 20% (I am 6'1). Diets to me sound like its temporary so I wanted to make a life change because for me it was all mental. Now I eat about 1600-2000 healthy calories a day which is a maintenace range, workout 2-3 days a week for 45-60 mins and never drink my calories for the day unless its all protien. I allow a cheat day of eating, even when I was losing weight so I didn't feel too restricted and give up, which most of the time is Sat or Sun and normally its the bad stuff we all love...burgers, fries, pizza, etc. The key is to think long term and life changing and not losing the weight as a short term fix...I keep a picture on my iphone when I was very overweight and look at it when I feel weak or going down the wrong path again. It has been 2 years so the plan is working and I don't plan to buy all new clothes again..lol. Congrats on the 50 lbs and keep going strong! You will be very happy when you reach your goal and feel much better health wise which is the most important benefit!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 07:47 PM   #73
zibawal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkniteF12 View Post
Great advice here...I recently lost 90 lbs and 17% body fat doing a 1000 calorie reduced "way of eating" until I reached my goal weight which was 190 lbs and a body fat % under 20% (I am 6'1). Diets to me sound like its temporary so I wanted to make a life change because for me it was all mental. Now I eat about 1600-2000 healthy calories a day which is a maintenace range, workout 2-3 days a week for 45-60 mins and never drink my calories for the day unless its all protien. I allow a cheat day of eating, even when I was losing weight so I didn't feel too restricted and give up, which most of the time is Sat or Sun and normally its the bad stuff we all love...burgers, fries, pizza, etc. The key is to think long term and life changing and not losing the weight as a short term fix...I keep a picture on my iphone when I was very overweight and look at it when I feel weak or going down the wrong path again. It has been 2 years so the plan is working and I don't plan to buy all new clothes again..lol. Congrats on the 50 lbs and keep going strong! You will be very happy when you reach your goal and feel much better health wise which is the most important benefit!
Any resource to get help with 1000 calories / day menu?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #74
okusa
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 - SSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibawal View Post
Any resource to get help with 1000 calories / day menu?
This system is great and you can forget calories: http://www.lookcut.com/veep/visual-e...cise-plan.html
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #75
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

1) Stop eating sugar filled bread, especially in the evening/dinner hours. Try to significantly reduce glutens as pretty much all humans have a sensitivity to them. That means conventional pastas, many snacks, crackers, etc... Try gluten free alternatives. You'll feel better and your skin will show improvements.

2) Eat more organic vegetables and less meats. If you "must" eat meat, buy organic meats.

3) Portion size. Portion size, portion size.

4) No more beer. If you drink wine, reduce intake, its filled with sugar.

5) Significantly reduce your snacking and when you feel the need to snack, replace with raw veggies and the occasional small "treat" so you don't freak out.

6) Sugar filled soda and other sugary drinks must go or be seriously reduced. If you "must" only drink during morning/afternoon hours and in small amounts.

7) Exercise. Run, cardio, yoga. Something to elevate your heart and make you sweat for 20+ minutes at least 2x per week. Personally I recommend yoga. There's plenty of other benefits aside from weight reduction.
      03-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #76
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

^ agree with all points except the beer/wine one. i'll take the hit. oh, and not a fan of organic (mainly from a cost/benefit perspective).

portion control is key. look at the europeans, they basically eat whatever they want, just less of it.

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 03-27-2013 at 09:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #77
DarkniteF12
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert Blk/SO

I just started to eat very lean protien (no sugar or fatty sauces, etc.) and researched what the weight of my cooked food translated into in terms of calories (when info on packages was not available) and kept it at about 1000 a day. Some days I added a fist size of veggies to one meal (mainly lunch). Also lots of water and VW Zero. The funny thing is, after about 1.5 weeks of just protien meals I started to last longer (not as hungry) between meals, so sometimes I had to make myself eat. I researched a lot about how many calories your body needs to live each day (based on activity levels and body type) and to never go below 500 calories a day to avoid your body going into starvation mode. Again, it worked for me so just do what works for you...and I actually enjoy food more now because I focus on what I put in my body and really really look forward to cheat days, but sometimes I save a cheat day when I know holidays/events are coming up....its about balance after you reach your goal. Also, don't forget to check your body fat %...that to me is just as important....some people appear to be skinny...but they are skinny fat (high fat % but low muscle and water weight). A little weight training, lean protien and good fats (omega 3, etc) intake will help with that.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #78
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Trying to lose love handles, anyone have any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #79
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutUpandDrive View Post
Trying to lose love handles, anyone have any suggestions?
Crunches with resistance.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #80
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Crunches with resistance.
Weights??
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #81
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutUpandDrive View Post
Weights??
Yes. I can almost crunch my bodyweight (6'1-6'2 @ 180). If you just sit down and start crunching all those articles about it being worthless are correct. Add some quality resistance and build on it and those articles are 100% WRONG. I do maybe 200-400 crunches with resistance 4x a week.

For those that are healthy (and will still be careful) pre workout supplements are amazing and I wish I'd taken them a long time ago as the energy for endurance lifting is amazing. I'm about a year into regular supplement use and its just outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkniteF12 View Post
I just started to eat very lean protien (no sugar or fatty sauces, etc.) and researched what the weight of my cooked food translated into in terms of calories (when info on packages was not available) and kept it at about 1000 a day. Some days I added a fist size of veggies to one meal (mainly lunch). Also lots of water and VW Zero. The funny thing is, after about 1.5 weeks of just protien meals I started to last longer (not as hungry) between meals, so sometimes I had to make myself eat. I researched a lot about how many calories your body needs to live each day (based on activity levels and body type) and to never go below 500 calories a day to avoid your body going into starvation mode. Again, it worked for me so just do what works for you...and I actually enjoy food more now because I focus on what I put in my body and really really look forward to cheat days, but sometimes I save a cheat day when I know holidays/events are coming up....its about balance after you reach your goal. Also, don't forget to check your body fat %...that to me is just as important....some people appear to be skinny...but they are skinny fat (high fat % but low muscle and water weight). A little weight training, lean protien and good fats (omega 3, etc) intake will help with that.
Don't buy all that starvation mode crap. Even if you ate 500 if you did it long enough the body would start burning away. Flip side I did 500 when I was cutting for lifting and was told NEVER go below 700. I cheat plenty of days but as long as you're back on the program it'll be fine. I'd crush a pizza for my birthday after months of routine and within a week that pizza was nowhere to be found on the scale.

If you guys who are overweight really cleanse your body of the crap thats out there you will honestly get sick if you try and eat it again. If you've got the willpower to really eat good (even throw out meats) for say 2-5 weeks, then go try and have a pizza you'll probably be sick as a dog. I can't even eat a hamburger anymore (7-10 times) without getting ungodly sick.

Last edited by M5Rlz; 03-28-2013 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 12:16 PM   #82
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
In general, anything extreme and unnatural is a bad idea. That's truly all you need to know. And if there's someone making a ton of money from the hype, it's probably going to be more beneficial to them that it will be to you.
      12-27-2019, 10:51 PM   #83
Dlpfcb
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Some of the comments are spot on and others are just flat out Marketing Brainwash that has changed how this country thinks. Sugar Sugar Sugar its bad!! It's bad in unnatural forms yes keep it to clean sugars from fruits and dried fruits. Gluten....oh god really are we going there. Dont eat bread or rice or carbs. DO NOT LISTEN to these things. Rice and wheat are some of the longest known crops and grains practically in our history. Yes if you have a choice go with brown rice and whole grain breads. Meat! Clean Meat grass fed blah blah its still packed with sodium and fat. And you really dont want to know the things that are fed and put into meat these days. It does literally nothing for you. Diet is all about eating clean and reducing overall calorie intake. If you decide to overeat one day but its clean at least your putting essential vitamins in your body. What I really recommend is buying a treadmill. I use them anytime im just sitting on the couch I load it to my iPad and watch it while walking slow or fast. Also watch out for things that don't add a lot but are packed with calories like milk and cheese. Also creams or syrups in your coffee...these calories add up fast. Dont listen or pay for any diet programs its all about staying active and eating right thats it. I train like crazy finishing up my race season and getting ready for an next running season where I'm moving onto trying an ultra marathon so I run between 50 - 70 miles a week. I will tell you as I switched to vegan about a year ago and have been recovering faster, sleeping better and beating times I ran in my college years and that was 15 years ago. Vegan is not for everyone and is very hard to stick with but man does it do amazing things for your health and weight loss goals. Congats again on the 50! And cheers to the next 50!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 07:40 AM   #84
core22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i / 911 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlpfcb View Post
Some of the comments are spot on and others are just flat out Marketing Brainwash that has changed how this country thinks. Sugar Sugar Sugar its bad!! It's bad in unnatural forms yes keep it to clean sugars from fruits and dried fruits. Gluten....oh god really are we going there. Dont eat bread or rice or carbs. DO NOT LISTEN to these things. Rice and wheat are some of the longest known crops and grains practically in our history. Yes if you have a choice go with brown rice and whole grain breads. Meat! Clean Meat grass fed blah blah its still packed with sodium and fat. And you really dont want to know the things that are fed and put into meat these days. It does literally nothing for you. Diet is all about eating clean and reducing overall calorie intake. If you decide to overeat one day but its clean at least your putting essential vitamins in your body. What I really recommend is buying a treadmill. I use them anytime im just sitting on the couch I load it to my iPad and watch it while walking slow or fast. Also watch out for things that don't add a lot but are packed with calories like milk and cheese. Also creams or syrups in your coffee...these calories add up fast. Dont listen or pay for any diet programs its all about staying active and eating right thats it. I train like crazy finishing up my race season and getting ready for an next running season where I'm moving onto trying an ultra marathon so I run between 50 - 70 miles a week. I will tell you as I switched to vegan about a year ago and have been recovering faster, sleeping better and beating times I ran in my college years and that was 15 years ago. Vegan is not for everyone and is very hard to stick with but man does it do amazing things for your health and weight loss goals. Congats again on the 50! And cheers to the next 50!
Speaking of vegan, I'm planning on making the move at least once or twice per week for now. As it is we eat very clean - a ton of fish and organic chicken. Not really any meat, save for the occasional burger once every month or 2 with grass-fed 93/7. A lot of fruits and veggies. Tons of water. No soda or other soft drinks. No sweets, but my downfall is coffee with sugar and cream, and I LOVE bread. Even with all the clean eating I'm still not where I want to be, and I work out about 14 hours/week on average between running, CrossFit, and weights. I feel focusing more on the vegan side once or twice a week for now will give me that little extra I'm looking for.

A lot of the other comments in this thread are scary. No need to starve yourselves. Fuel your body the right way, and workout/exercise regularly - regular walking is a great start, then weights, cardio, yoga, martial arts, whatever gets you going - and you will see results. Do this for a while and it becomes essential to your well being - working out becomes something you mentally can't live without.

Past:
2013 911 C4S | 2019 X2 M35i | 2015 M5 Comp | 2013 M5 | 2013 640i | 2010 535xi | 2007 525xi

Last edited by core22; 01-02-2020 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2022, 08:47 AM   #85
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Exactly! Eat whole, natural foods only that your body recognizes as food and can process it properly. Only shop in the outside circle of the grocery store. Fresh fruit and veggies, meat, dairy, bakery. Don't even go down the middle isles.
Grocery stores are setup to just sell the crap out of unhealthy food....My wife and I paid for a few sessions with a health coach some years back to help us establish better dieting habits and give us different ideas on meals. The first session was 90 minutes in a grocery store with the coach walking us around. She showed us food and ingredients that I didn't even know existed and overall those sessions were life changing with being able to eat differently and not be stuck in the same patterns.
      08-25-2022, 08:52 AM   #86
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Radical diets are unnecessary. What is necessary is to eat calories to the same level, or slightly lower, than you burn calories.

If weight gain is a struggle, food intake needs to be reduced or exercise needs to be increased.

It’s very simple. Admittedly hard for some to take action on.
Appreciate 1
DocL1921.00
      09-01-2022, 03:44 AM   #87
emmastewart
emma
Rep
Drives: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyL3nTFoRcE View Post
Whats up guys,

I am starting a new system of dieting and intense workout. I am not looking to lose alot of weight within a matter of 3 months but just the most i can.

I am definately overweight. Im at 303 right now and im trying to reach 220, as for time, i am not sure how long this will take also.

I use to start diets but i got off them real quick, now when i see my self in pictures from now and back then (240) i noticed i am way worse.

Whats the best workouts and diet plans, and the best supplements if any needed (none of that hydroxycut bullshyt etc.) i used to take Oxy Elite Pro and it worked to wake me up and give me energy but i stopped taking it since my gym time went down.

Whats the best time to workout? Ive been told better in the morning but i only have free time in the night maybe in the morning but im not really a morning person.

Im only 20 yrs old and im trying to lose as much as i can to get fit. I do smoke, and i know thats a big factor. I want to focus on loosing weight and getting skinny, and then work on getting cut (but this will take a long while i know that).

Any help is appreciative.
Breakfast is very necessary for weight loss. We use white eggs or brown bread at the time of breakfast and at the time of lunch we use salat. At the dinner time, we again use white eggs or green tea.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 06:55 AM   #88
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

Lol I love reading some of the advice in these threads
-'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 0