M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion Random pictures of your 8-series or M8's

07-17-2022, 10:17 PM   #1167
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbimmer View Post
Yeah, I'm a bit confused, too. Not sure what posting too many pictures has to do with "I have a Ferrari and you don't!!" What are you, seven? But, at least you are "gold." As such, I have retreated into my safe space and am now trying to type thru my tears. Seems like a dick move there, Scooter. First, you have no idea if I have, or don't have, a Porsche or Ferrari or ever owned one or the other at anytime in my life. It's great that other forum members have other cars. I am truly happy for them. Life is hard and if you put together the resources to build a garage stable, well, good on yah. And, golly, most of them aren't dicks. I enjoy seeing their cars, too. Lots of them even post those pictures on the various BMW forums here. Seems like everyone likes to see them, even though they are mis-posted to a "BMW" forum. Why? People like cars.
Yep a total childish comment and the passion that all brings us to the forum, i.e., cars includes other brands, photos, etc. On many threads we've waxed the poetic on Porsche more times than I can count with pics shared, etc. I for one appreciate it as a P car (specifically a 911) will always be a want but unfortunately I just can't fit in the car. Does that stop me from appreciating and living vicariously through others? Not if dingding's life depended on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbimmer View Post
Since July of 2019 I have had an F90, an F90 LCI Comp and now an M850. Is the M850 a step down from the F90? Yeah, probably. This car serves a specific purpose in my life right now and ticks all my required boxes. BTW, how do you know I don't live in a $2M house? How do you know I don't have a $5M portfolio - or even $10M? Or $250k? Yeah, ya don't. I can pretty much drive any cars I want (OK, probably not a total exotic) and the M850 drives me around town just fine as a daily and takes me on long-ass trips. It's a 8er - that's why it's posted here in the "Random" 8er section.
No need to justify anything as dingding or anyone else on the forum has an opinion but it is just that. There's a saying in regards to everyone having an opinion just like a rectum and in this case it fits like a glove. 😜

As shared numerous, times my wants aka passion lives elsewhere vs cars but I would never disparage anyone whom chooses differently. Words of wisdom from my Dad being have a roof over your head nobody can take away and $ to pay for all the necessities (taxes, medical, groceries, etc.). Every time I explained the latest watch purchase to him before he passed away he'd say "you need that like you need a hole in your head". Still heard it when I bought the M850i but in the scheme of life it pales in comparison to the discretionary spending I've done to build a watch collection worth 30x the car and forever appreciating vs depreciating.
Appreciate 2
      07-17-2022, 10:27 PM   #1168
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingding View Post
I was really enjoy looking those random pictures from different members until now. Since I’m not so much in love with my cars and don’t need to spend the time to take pictures and keep posting them, I used my spare time did a little bit of courting: This threat started two years ago, has 53 pages so far, there is no one single member post pictures with same car more than 4 times(posts), there is only one person posted 17 times with total 37 pictures with the same car and that all happened within the last three months.
Seriously, I don’t care what else people have in their garage or how much their worth. If you keep posting the same LA Ferrari or 918 over, over, and over, viewer will get bored and even annoyed, not mention this seven not a LA Ferrari or Porsche 918.
I don’t know any watches guy here or not. But if a person keep flashing his wrist , showing off his Omega non stop, how do you feel about it and what do you think what’s the rest of his watch collection going to be?Only thing I wanted to say is: I hope he does not own an Rolex or AP.
BTW, my daily driver is a 2016 Nissan Altima. Most reliable and low maintenance car I ever owned. I need to show her some love and take some pictures and post it online too
Wow you're putting an awful lot of effort into being annoyed by someone posting pictures of their car in a car pictures thread. You say you don't love your cars enough to spend time taking pics of them? That's cool. Everyone has different hobbies.
Appreciate 3
snowbimmer5257.00
Accentu8703.50
      07-17-2022, 10:37 PM   #1169
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I don’t know any watches guy here or not. But if a person keep flashing his wrist , showing off his Omega non stop, how do you feel about it and what do you think what’s the rest of his watch collection going to be?Only thing I wanted to say is: I hope he does not own an Rolex or AP.
Irony as just replied to the thread telling snowbimmer to ignore your BS as he needs no justification whatsoever to post the pics of his car. Now you bring in watches which is my realm and yes I own or have owned (sold at a profit) them all.

Rolex? Do have a submariner but classify it as a fashion watch as it can't compete. Have an AP too. Omega? A unique 1 of 999 with the original co-axial movement before they mass produced it. What does that make me? Better yet do you know anything about watch movements? Quick quiz Sherlock (since you are so wise) what is the singular watch on the face of the planet with both a carousel and tourbillion movement? Yeah figured your clueless answer but I have one and is worth likely more than your house.

Quote:
BTW, my daily driver is a 2016 Nissan Altima. Most reliable and low maintenance car I ever owned. I need to show her some love and take some pictures and post it online too
Know that all too well as left Lexus to the "dark side" of BMW. Still have concerns on the longevity but did my research on the engines in my wife's X5 as well as my M850i. Still not believing it until either hits 13 plus years old as that equates to my last Lexus. Oh and yes that stellar low maintenance helped fund my appreciating watch collection. Anyore questions before you go crawl back into the non-existent?
Appreciate 2
      07-17-2022, 10:38 PM   #1170
dingding
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2005 Carrera GT, 2012 750IAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Wow you're putting an awful lot of effort into being annoyed by someone posting pictures of their car in a car pictures thread. You say you don't love your cars enough to spend time taking pics of them? That's cool. Everyone has different hobbies.
He used his time to took pictures of his car and posted online to express his feelings so did I . He can have his hobbies and I can have my opinion.
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2022, 10:39 PM   #1171
snareman
United_States
Rep

There is also a high likelihood that ya'll are going to see a pic of my X3 here when I get it. Prepare your eyes.
Appreciate 5
snowbimmer5257.00
M8Bimmer1272.50
BMWGUYinCO4122.50
      07-17-2022, 10:40 PM   #1172
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
There is also a high likelihood that ya'll are going to see a pic of my X3 here when I get it. Prepare your eyes.
Looking forward to it! 👍
Appreciate 2
      07-17-2022, 10:41 PM   #1173
dingding
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozemanAZ View Post
Irony as just replied to the thread telling snowbimmer to ignore your BS as he needs no justification whatsoever to post the pics of his car. Now you bring in watches which is my realm and yes I own or have owned (sold at a profit) them all.

Rolex? Do have a submariner but classify it as a fashion watch as it can't compete. Have an AP too. Omega? A unique 1 of 999 with the original co-axial movement before they mass produced it. What does that make me? Better yet do you know anything about watch movements? Quick quiz Sherlock (since you are so wise) what is the singular watch on the face of the planet with both a carousel and tourbillion movement? Yeah figured your clueless answer but I have one and is worth likely more than your house.

Know that all too well as left Lexus to the "dark side" of BMW. Still have concerns on the longevity but did my research on the engines in my wife's X5 as well as my M850i. Still not believing it until either hits 13 plus years old as that equates to my last Lexus. Oh and yes that stellar low maintenance helped fund my appreciating watch collection. Anyore questions before you go crawl back into the non-existent?
I don’t own an house and can’t afford one. Satisfied?
So you know watch, than educate me, what’s the average price of an Omega? Is his 850i 1 of the 999?

Last edited by dingding; 07-17-2022 at 11:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2022, 10:57 PM   #1174
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No I'm not as the intention was not to shame or disparage that fact but rather to call out everyone spends their discretionary income differently. Mine may be watches and others on this forum cars. As per my Dad's wisdom, you should focus on a roof over your head nobody can take away. Everything else is secondarily to that and here's to hoping you find your way into the biggest need of anyone's life. Wants are a different story and that is where everyone's MMV.
Appreciate 2
      07-17-2022, 11:03 PM   #1175
snareman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Looking forward to it! 👍
I feel like I should contribute to this thread at least a little bit until I can contribute a lot.
Appreciate 4
      07-17-2022, 11:16 PM   #1176
Ghostrider641
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M8

Quote:
He used his time to took pictures of his car and posted online to express his feelings so did I . He can have his hobbies and I can have my opinion.

So you know watch, than educate me, what’s the average price of an Omega? Is his 850i 1 of the 999?
Maybe you should start with a few English lessons prior to calling guys out about cars you care little about….it’s fine to bitch but when you do so with poorly constructed sentences the bitches fall flat….

BTW…just wait until my and snaremans cars show up, you’ll probably cancel your internet access….

PS, this is a little OCD “17 times with total 37 pictures” who has time to go back and look at posts they hate and count them, that’s just weird.
Appreciate 2
      07-17-2022, 11:23 PM   #1177
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So you know watch, than educate me, what’s the average price of Omeha? Is his 850i 1 of the 999?
Okay you updated since my last reply which was heartfelt and not hyperbole. Since you asked and once again not sure if that is a backhanded comment on snowbimmer 's M850i or mine. The answer being neither are unique as they are massed produced products.

One thing of value from your inquiry is I now know that the watch winder box with the Omega needs new batteries. It along with 5 other boxes live in my safe and only the 3 watches I've been wearing are in a box on my MBR vanity.

Average price of an Omega? That answer is all over the board depending on what one is willing to spend no differently than a car. Not all watches appreciate (my Submariner as example) but most of my collection does.

As stated my co-axial DeVille is one of 999 (turns out #626 but I've long forgotten). It's 18K rose gold and nearly 25 years old at this point. I paid about $6K for it but now worth $40K on a fire sale or $50K to get current full market value.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-17-2022, 11:25 PM   #1178
dingding
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider641 View Post
Maybe you should start with a few English lessons prior to calling guys out about cars you care little about….it’s fine to bitch but when you do so with poorly constructed sentences the bitches fall flat….

BTW…just wait until my and snaremans cars show up, you’ll probably cancel your internet access….

PS, this is a little OCD “17 times with total 37 pictures” who has time to go back and look at posts they hate and count them, that’s just weird.
Any foreign languages you can speak or even write?
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2022, 11:27 PM   #1179
Ghostrider641
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘23 M8

Quote:
Okay you updated since my last reply which was heartfelt and not hyperbole. Since you asked and once again not sure if that is a backhanded comment on snowbimmer 's M850i or mine. The answer being neither are unique as they are massed produced products.

One thing of value from your inquiry is I now know that the watch winder box with the Omega needs new batteries. It along with 5 other boxes live in my safe and only the 3 watches I've been wearing are in a box on my MBR vanity.

Average price of an Omega? That answer is all over the board depending on what one is willing to spend no differently than a car. Not all watches appreciate (my Submariner as example) but most of my collection does.

As stated my co-axial DeVille is one of 999 (turns out #626 but I've long forgotten). It's 18K rose gold and nearly 25 years old at this point. I paid about $6K for it but now worth $40K on a fire sale or $50K to get current full market value.
I knew it when you were talking music and the best of the best stuff….I know you’ve a red corvette hidden in your quiver of cars don’t you? LOL
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2022, 11:50 PM   #1180
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Any foreign languages you can write or even speak?
Habla Espanol? Entenda Português? Just two of the languages Ive learned via extensive business travel or inherent (I grew up in a border town with Mexico). I can hold a semi decent conversation in German, French and Mandarin. However, I'm fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese. My wife shames me being fluent in 5 languages but we're not making it a contest. Rather I just bow to the facts as knowing more than one language is an educational feat within itself.
Appreciate 2
snareman9063.50
      07-17-2022, 11:52 PM   #1181
dingding
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I prefer modern

Appreciate 1
      07-17-2022, 11:56 PM   #1182
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Hahahaha.............you crack me up. Since you've been living vicariously so long waiting for your M8, and now also your X3, I'm here to help in that regard, too. I present my wife's X3. 2016, Mineral Silver with 46,000 miles. I'm here for ya, man.
Name:  X3 Summer.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  457.5 KB

Quote:
I feel like I should contribute to this thread at least a little bit until I can contribute a lot.
When they both come in we could start a new thread: Random Shots of Your 8er and X3
Might be a small sample set, but still..................
Appreciate 4
snareman9063.50
Ben_K189.50
      07-17-2022, 11:58 PM   #1183
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I prefer modern

Okay and you have 1 real watch, i.e., the AP. Even it is not unique whatsoever but a better movement than the rest which are all pedestrian. So you might as well buy a M850i and post some pics.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2022, 12:09 AM   #1184
dingding
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Habla Espanol? Entenda Português? Just two of the languages Ive learned via extensive business travel or inherent (I grew up in a border town with Mexico). I can hold a semi decent conversation in German, French and Mandarin. However, I'm fluent in both Spanish and Portuguese. My wife shames me being fluent in 5 languages but we're not making it a contest. Rather I just bow to the facts as knowing more than one language is an educational feat within itself.
I was asking the other guy, since he told me I should take some English lessons.
Just wondering what school he went, and who taught him that having a different opinion called bitch?
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2022, 12:15 AM   #1185
bloozemanAZ
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I knew it when you were talking music and the best of the best stuff….I know you’ve a red corvette hidden in your quiver of cars don’t you? LOL
Ah the irony as always wanted a Corvette as it was both my Dad's and my dream car. The deal was when I bought one both of us would take a road trip up SR1 aka California highway 1. Unfortunately, that never happened as my focus on investments was elsewhere (he'd never agree to the watches but couldn't argue against what is now my "walk away from it all" nest egg portfolio).

My wife is visiting a friend in Miami but on her return we are making the drive to Big Sur and possibly beyond up SR1. She knows the story all too well including once we hit SR1 north of San Francisco Judas Priest's "Heading Out To The Highway" will be full bore on the B&W. My Dad was going to hate that but it was part of the "deal". 👍

So get ready for some pics of the trip. 🤣
Appreciate 2
      07-18-2022, 12:42 AM   #1186
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Jeez, I go out to dinner and get waaaaay behind on the thread (which, by the way, has led to a very entertaining Sunday, thanks dingding )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Thrillride View Post
Maybe post the same pic three times to rub that $#lT in.
Good one I'll resist. Besides, while out to dinner I took not one picture. I know - weird.

Quote:
I was really enjoy looking those random pictures from different members until now. Since I’m not so much in love with my cars and don’t need to spend the time to take pictures and keep posting them, I used my spare time did a little bit of courting: This threat started two years ago, has 53 pages so far, there is no one single member post pictures with same car more than 4 times(posts), there is only one person posted 17 times with total 37 pictures with the same car and that all happened within the last three months. And yes, this person will continue to post pictures with the same car just like he said above.
Seriously, I don’t care what people have in their garage or how much their worth. If you keep posting the same LA Ferrari or 918 over, over, and over, viewer will get bored and even annoyed, not mention this’s even not a LA Ferrari or Porsche 918.
I don’t know any watches guy here or not. But if a person keep flashing his wrist , showing off his Omega non stop, how do you feel about it and what do you think the rest of his watch collection going to be?Only thing I wanted to say is: I hope he does not own an Rolex or AP.
A) Thanks for the photo count. Although, now I feel like you are a bit of a stalker. And ALL in the last 3 months. Geez, I've only had it 3 months. Sheesh.
B) You said you didn't care what people had in their garage, yet you disparaged me for not having a Ferrari or a Porsche.
C) I was going to say don't mention the watch thing here. bloozemanAZ can bring it, and bring it hard. Also, don't go over to the F90 forum. You might run into the "What watch do you wear on your ///M thread - and go off into 29 pages of just watches - with over 100,000 views and 624 posts. Who knew?
(Sidebar: I don't get watches. I don't have one. I don't see the point of an expensive one. But lots of people do - BIG TIME. I went thru that whole freaking thread and learned an awful lot about watches. People collect. It's a store of value. There's a lot of dumber things to spend your money on. Some people buy paintings. I get it. Not for me, but I am impressed that they exist and would never disparage anyone that wanted a couple - or 2 dozen. And, no my M850 is not 1 of 999. Jesus, what does that even have to do with anything? I don't care that it isn't. It's not supposed to be. It's supposed to take me around this great country of ours and when I use it up, bye bye. Next.)
D) So your daily is a Nissan Altima. Great. Take a picture. Start a Random Nissan Altima thread.
E) Take the L, man

Quote:

BTW…just wait until my and snareman cars show up, you’ll probably cancel your internet access….

Ouch! Pretty true, tho. Spellcheck and grammar check never killed anyone.
Cancel internet.......good one.
Yeah, OCD. See above stalking comment.

Cheers. There's the microwave dinger - popcorn's ready.

Last edited by snowbimmer; 07-18-2022 at 12:58 AM..
Appreciate 2
      07-18-2022, 12:44 AM   #1187
snowbimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Ah the irony as always wanted a Corvette as it was both my Dad's and my dream car. The deal was when I bought one both of us would take a road trip up SR1 aka California highway 1. Unfortunately, that never happened as my focus on investments was elsewhere (he'd never agree to the watches but couldn't argue against what is now my "walk away from it all" nest egg portfolio).

My wife is visiting a friend in Miami but on her return we are making the drive to Big Sur and possibly beyond up SR1. She knows the story all too well including once we hit SR1 north of San Francisco Judas Priest's "Heading Out To The Highway" will be full bore on the B&W. My Dad was going to hate that but it was part of the "deal". 👍

So get ready for some pics of the trip. 🤣
Yay! Finally. Remember, no skimping.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2022, 01:08 AM   #1188
snareman
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Okay and you have 1 real watch, i.e., the AP. Even it is not unique whatsoever but a better movement than the rest which are all pedestrian. So you might as well buy a M850i and post some pics.
I do like the Pepsi though, although I prefer it on a brushed center Oyster bracelet. It's one of my watches I'll never sell.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3