M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Joe Biden Launches Presidential Bid 2020

08-07-2019, 04:24 PM   #287
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I'm honest enough to say there really isn't much of a reason for civilians to have these so called "assault" rifles.

Here is your reason:

Also - here are a few more:

East Germany
Venezuela
Vietnam
North Korea
Afghanistan
Albania
Angola
Benin
Bulgaria
Congo
Czechoslovakia
Ethiopia
Germany (GDR)
Grenada
Hungary
Kampuchea
Mongolia
Mozambique
Poland
Romania
Somalia
Soviet Union
Tuva
Yemen (PDRY)
Yugoslavia
Abkhazia
Armenia
Artsakh
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Estonia
Georgia
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Latvia
Lithuania
Moldova
Russia
South Ossetia
Tajikistan
Transnistria
Turkmenistan
Ukraine
Uzbekistan
MKSixer16585.50

08-07-2019, 04:42 PM   #288
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Joe Hands Biden belched up milk and toast by the gallons I see.
This white nationalist reverb is so artificial, it's nauseating.
      08-07-2019, 04:50 PM   #289
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Joe Hands Biden belched up milk and toast by the gallons I see.
This white nationalist reverb is so artificial, it's nauseating.
Yep..Creepy Sleepy Cina Joe is officially as dumb or dumber than I thought he was.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 05:06 PM   #290
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I think Trump wants Biden to win. First; Trump will mow on him like a TORO at Bushwood CC. Joe just isn't sharp enough to hang with Trump.
Second; imo, Trump has an ace or two up his sleeve to use on Joe. Be it Ukraine, China or kiddos, he has above your average bear ammo.

08-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #291
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post

Here is your reason:

Also - here are a few more:

East Germany
Venezuela
Vietnam
North Korea
Afghanistan
Albania
Angola
Benin
Bulgaria
Congo
Czechoslovakia
Ethiopia
Germany (GDR)
Grenada
Hungary
Kampuchea
Mongolia
Mozambique
Poland
Romania
Somalia
Soviet Union
Tuva
Yemen (PDRY)
Yugoslavia
Abkhazia
Armenia
Artsakh
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Estonia
Georgia
Kazakhstan
Kyrgyzstan
Latvia
Lithuania
Moldova
Russia
South Ossetia
Tajikistan
Transnistria
Turkmenistan
Ukraine
Uzbekistan
Well like I said I certainly don't disagree with an argument for them. If it were up to me, the gun laws would be even more lax and we'd be able to get SBRs and suppressors without a stamp. In my world, full auto would also be available with essentially the same background check as the before mentioned items require.

I'm just simply saying that for all intents and purposes, for me personally as long as I have my handguns and shotguns, I'm fine. If I'm ever in a situation where I need to shoot at another human being from greater than ten yards, things have already gone to hell and gun laws are the least of my worries.

Also, let's be 100% honest. The stuff Military/LEO has is vastly superior to nearly everything we could every buy, and they have the numbers. If they want the guns, they're going to get them. Barricading yourself in a compound screaming Molon Labe or whatever ain't going to work out too well.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2019, 05:41 PM   #292
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Also, let's be 100% honest. The stuff Military/LEO has is vastly superior to nearly everything we could every buy, and they have the numbers. If they want the guns, they're going to get them. Barricading yourself in a compound screaming Molon Labe or whatever ain't going to work out too well.
As a combat veteran myself, I can speak with some authority and say that you would be surprised at what civilians armed with not much more than we currently have access to can do to a world class military.

Refer to:

Afganistan
North Vietnam
Et al.
MKSixer16585.50
Delta03117369.50
TURBO81230.50
arkie6353.00

08-07-2019, 05:47 PM   #293
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Quote:
As a combat veteran myself, I can speak with some authority and say that you would be surprised at what civilians armed with not much more than we currently have access to can do to a world class military.

Refer to:

Afganistan
North Vietnam
Et al.
Sure won't argue with someone with much more experience in such things. Only thing I would say is those folks might be a bit rougher around the edges than your standard fat ass, iDumbass gadget addicted American though lol.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent6519.00
Delta03117369.50

08-07-2019, 05:54 PM   #294
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sure won't argue with someone with much more experience in such things. Only thing I would say is those folks might be a bit rougher around the edges than your standard fat ass, iDumbass gadget addicted American though lol.
Very true - I've been there and met many of them personally.

That said, you might be surprised at just how many in America are not like those you make mention of. While plenty to be sure, there are also a large sum like me, with experience, drive, and discipline to get things done when they need to be, should it ever come to that.

As so well put by the band "The Interrupters"

What's your plan for tomorrow
Are you a leader or will you follow
Are you a fighter or will you cower

08-07-2019, 06:22 PM   #295
Eriphill
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:

Refer to:

Afganistan
North Vietnam
Et al.
Or George W on the carrier with the 'Mission Accomplished' sign behind him. Do people not remember the six or so years that followed of the insurgency? Now replace those Iraqi insurgents with American veterans...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 04:52 PM   #296
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Joe's on a roll today.

If he wears dentures, he really needs a refitting. Shove some cotton back in there or something.
      08-08-2019, 04:56 PM   #297
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Joe's on a roll today.

If he wears dentures, he really needs a refitting. Shove some cotton back in there or something.
Hahahahaha somebody needs to come get their grandpa, he wandered off and found a microphone.

Psalm 23:1
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 05:11 PM   #298
Eriphill
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Hahahahaha somebody needs to come get their grandpa, he wandered off and found a microphone.
"We choose truth over facts" hahaha

I think when the surgeons were performing brain surgery on him someone left a Junior Mint or an Ipod in there.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer16585.50

08-08-2019, 05:22 PM   #299
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Junior Mint. Iswydt.

I feel a bit bad for him, kindasorta. The recent white nationalist dem smoke of the day crap dropped him way down in my book.
He seems so worn out and is as enthusing as a stick of chalk.
Hey, whatever.
      08-08-2019, 07:10 PM   #300
adc100
Major
Rep

No fool like an old fool. He couldn't run a lemonade stand.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee1879.50

08-08-2019, 07:49 PM   #301
adc100
Major
Rep

We need a new topic:"Biden's Bumblings"

I don't feel sorry for him..He porked the government for 50+ years. Ifg he wins ..every day will bring me laughs.

If you were a CEO and your company was The Democratic Organization. You would hang yourself yesterday.
Appreciate 2
scostu1148.50

08-09-2019, 05:48 AM   #302
scostu
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F25

Biden says ‘poor kids’ just as bright as ‘white kids’ in latest gaffe

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...n-latest-gaffe

Retired:2014 F31, 2013 Audi Q5 3.0T P+,
2013 WK2..Hemi, 2011 E90, 2008 E70, 2004 E46
Appreciate 2
      08-09-2019, 07:30 AM   #303
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...n-latest-gaffe
This made my morning, I’m *this* close to donating to this dudes campaign.

Go Biden!!! Woooo hoooo Yeah Biden!!!

Appreciate 2
City Pig6117.00
scostu1148.50

08-09-2019, 08:46 AM   #304
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:

Refer to:

Afganistan
North Vietnam
Et al.
Group of armed citizens with the courage and heart to fight can achieve a great deal.

I think this German officer summarizes it best though. From his letter in regards to the warsaw uprising of 1944. The end send it all

The Capitulation was undoubtedly one of the most extraordinary things you can imagine. The reality of it puts all drama, all tragedy into the shade. They came out with fully deserved honours after true heroism in battle. In truth they fought better than we did. What we can learn from it is the following: 1) that nothing sensible can come from this kind of subjugation of an entire nation. Sad but true! 2) we don't have a monopoly on fortitude, spirit, patriotism, and sacrifice (we can't take the Poles' credit away from them). 3) that a city can defend itself for months on end, with much heavier losses on the attacker's side ... and much can be learned from this by a neutral observer. 4) that although a fighting spirit and a pure and courageous approach can achieve a great deal, in the end this spirit will always succumb to material advantage.

http://www.warsawuprising.com/witness/stolten.htm
Appreciate 1
Run Silent6519.00

08-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #305
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Very true - I've been there and met many of them personally.

That said, you might be surprised at just how many in America are not like those you make mention of. While plenty to be sure, there are also a large sum like me, with experience, drive, and discipline to get things done when they need to be, should it ever come to that.

As so well put by the band "The Interrupters"

What's your plan for tomorrow
Are you a leader or will you follow
Are you a fighter or will you cower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Group of armed citizens with the courage and heart to fight can achieve a great deal.

I think this German officer summarizes it best though. From his letter in regards to the warsaw uprising of 1944. The end send it all

The Capitulation was undoubtedly one of the most extraordinary things you can imagine. The reality of it puts all drama, all tragedy into the shade. They came out with fully deserved honours after true heroism in battle. In truth they fought better than we did. What we can learn from it is the following: 1) that nothing sensible can come from this kind of subjugation of an entire nation. Sad but true! 2) we don't have a monopoly on fortitude, spirit, patriotism, and sacrifice (we can't take the Poles' credit away from them). 3) that a city can defend itself for months on end, with much heavier losses on the attacker's side ... and much can be learned from this by a neutral observer. 4) that although a fighting spirit and a pure and courageous approach can achieve a great deal, in the end this spirit will always succumb to material advantage.

http://www.warsawuprising.com/witness/stolten.htm
I can't imagine anyone I served with, my father, my daughter's bf (a newly minted ensign) or any of the thousands of sailors, soldiers, or marines I've met following the orders it would take to "put down" the citizens of this country.

America is a different place. We are the wild haired child of the British empire who threw off the yoke of oppression. The spirit of rebellion isn't that deeply hidden within each American...until recently. The dumbing down of the populace, the rewriting of history, the disdain of our founding fathers, and many other acts serve to remove the spine of the citizens. As the letter written to John Podesta from some democrat crony which called for achieving the goal of, "a docile and compliant population" revealed. What we are seeing isn't accidental. There are no large scale accidents at this level. The propaganda machines are turning out unprecedented levels of lies while hiding the truth from the citizens of this country. What happened to the Epstein stories? Presently, R. Kelly is getting more press. Why have all stories on the Russian Collusion Hoax disappeared? Hmmmm...

I'm more saddened by the state of our country rather then angry. I wish for one moment every citizen could feel one of the best feelings I ever had: I was 17 and in Spain on the Costa del Sol hanging out with a bunch of friends. We went out to the beach in the morning and there was a US aircraft carrier anchored about 2 or 3 miles out in the Med. Looking at that magnificent machine with the attending vessels caused a swell of pride in my heart that I will never forget and made me more proud to be an American than almost any moment in my life to this day. While I was thousands of miles away from the US continental landmass, a piece of America was within eyesight. I always loved my country but that sealed it. This is the greatest country in the world and I wish more of our citizens appreciated it more and looked at the 98% good rather than the 2% bad.

I have a meeting. Sorry about the rant.

Cheers-mk

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 7
Delta03117369.50
Run Silent6519.00
scostu1148.50
gjm1201144.00
arkie6353.00

08-09-2019, 09:50 AM   #306
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Appreciated sir.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer16585.50

08-09-2019, 09:53 AM   #307
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I can't imagine anyone I served with, my father, my daughter's bf (a newly minted ensign) or any of the thousands of sailors, soldiers, or marines I've met following the orders it would take to "put down" the citizens of this country.

America is a different place. We are the wild haired child of the British empire who threw off the yoke of oppression. The spirit of rebellion isn't that deeply hidden within each American...until recently. The dumbing down of the populace, the rewriting of history, the disdain of our founding fathers, and many other acts serve to remove the spine of the citizens. As the letter written to John Podesta from some democrat crony which called for achieving the goal of, "a docile and compliant population" revealed. What we are seeing isn't accidental. There are no large scale accidents at this level. The propaganda machines are turning out unprecedented levels of lies while hiding the truth from the citizens of this country. What happened to the Epstein stories? Presently, R. Kelly is getting more press. Why have all stories on the Russian Collusion Hoax disappeared? Hmmmm...

I'm more saddened by the state of our country rather then angry. I wish for one moment every citizen could feel one of the best feelings I ever had: I was 17 and in Spain on the Costa del Sol hanging out with a bunch of friends. We went out to the beach in the morning and there was a US aircraft carrier anchored about 2 or 3 miles out in the Med. Looking at that magnificent machine with the attending vessels caused a swell of pride in my heart that I will never forget and made me more proud to be an American than almost any moment in my life to this day. While I was thousands of miles away from the US continental landmass, a piece of America was within eyesight. I always loved my country but that sealed it. This is the greatest country in the world and I wish more of our citizens appreciated it more and looked at the 98% good rather than the 2% bad.

I have a meeting. Sorry about the rant.

Cheers-mk
Great post - happy Friday

Appreciate 1
MKSixer16585.50

08-09-2019, 10:37 AM   #308
adc100
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Appreciated sir.
For sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
I wonder if his aids or anyone gets back to him. on this.?

If the main stream Fake News brought out these things he would need to get out of the race. And the Dems are to dysfunctional to do anything about it.

Last edited by adc100; 08-09-2019 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer16585.50