M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Photography/Videography Loss of creativity in pictures

12-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
RedBarron
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Loss of creativity in pictures

I got my first DSLR in 2006, a Nikon D80. Last night I was going though some pictures from 2006 and realized my pictures back then where actually more creative. I remember I used to think in my head of interesting compositions and could envision neat thing in my head and translate to my pictures. I have notice today all of my pictures really fit the same composition and really nothing interesting. I guess it's just depressing over the span on 6 years my photos have not really progressed in quality. Today I shoot with a D7000 and what I realized last night I am too obsessed with trying to find a sharp picture and the best IQ, and actually degrades creativity. Today I think I just choose the same compositions because I know they work. Also using the same compositions and now trying new things has kind of made photography a little boring for me, I don't enjoy it as much. I guess I am going to buy a 10.5 fish eye again that I had so much fun with a while ago and learn to post processes my pictures better, the real point where my photos are lacking. I thought I would share this if any one else has though similarly?

Current: Porsche Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Can you post some of your pics, old and new, for comparison?

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
tekmoe
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

I have found myself in the same boat for the past few months. Nothing has inspired me to get out and just shoot. I do have a few clients that need me to do work for them every so often but other than I have not taken many pictures with my DSLR. Usually just whip out my phone to get a shot and be done with it.
Appreciate 0