M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Introverts vs. Extroverts- What are you? (POLL)

View Poll Results: Are you an introvert or extrovert?
I'm an introvert. 111 75.51%
I'm an extrovert!!! 36 24.49%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

06-09-2015, 08:24 AM   #23
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
What if you're both? I can't cast my ballot.

When I go out, I'm usually pretty loud, talkative, and make my presence known. However, that's not ALL the time. There are a lot instances where I really just want to buckle down and keep to myself and just do my own thing and not have anyone around me. Both ends of the spectrum keep my life interesting, because I have no problem doing things on my own, but at the same point in time I love meeting new people and trying new things and pushing my comfort zone.
This. That's why I said I think I'm an extrovert. Long ago ( 15 years or so) I used to be very shy and didn't like talking to people I didn't know. Nowadays, most things don't bother me so I talk to everyone. E.g. I go on trips alone and talk to as many people as possible. One could argue that I take solo trips because I don't wanna be around people. I do like my quiet moments when I'm by myself enjoying the peacefulness. But that could just be considered meditating, so to speak.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 08:26 AM   #24
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
What if you're both? I can't cast my ballot.

When I go out, I'm usually pretty loud, talkative, and make my presence known. However, that's not ALL the time. There are a lot instances where I really just want to buckle down and keep to myself and just do my own thing and not have anyone around me. Both ends of the spectrum keep my life interesting, because I have no problem doing things on my own, but at the same point in time I love meeting new people and trying new things and pushing my comfort zone.
This. That's why I said I think I'm an extrovert. Long ago ( 15 years or so) I used to be very shy and didn't like talking to people I didn't know. Nowadays, most things don't bother me so I talk to everyone. E.g. I go on trips alone and talk to as many people as possible. One could argue that I take solo trips because I don't wanna be around people. I do like my quiet moments when I'm by myself enjoying the peacefulness. But that could just be considered meditating, so to speak.
My guess is you're a bit more introverted. Take the little quiz.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #25
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

No surprise here.

"Are You an Extravert or Introvert?
Your Results

Your results indicate that you are more of an extravert.

What exactly does this mean?

Extraverts:

Are quite outgoing
Tend to be talkative
Enjoying talking to and spending time with other people
Feel energized when they are around others
Like being the focus of attention
As an extravert, people probably describe you as friendly and outgoing. You love meeting new people and have no problem making new friends."
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #26
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
My guess is you're a bit more introverted. Take the little quiz.
I have taken a few quizzes before and all of them said I'm extroverted. But I think it was more like 55-45 so not very much of a difference. On certain things I was 51-49 so I am indifferent. Think there is a spectrum: some are very intro/extro and some are somewhat in the middle and could be either depending on the situation (like a chameleon).
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 08:35 AM   #27
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

The Meyers & Briggs definition states that you are introvert or extrovert based on how/where you process your thoughts and get energy from. It has nothing to do with shyness or out going or being a peoples person.

Please read Here

An introvert person can be very outgoing and love to meet people. Just because you're introvert doesn't mean you are a loner or you have no social life.
Also an extrovert person will have times when they just wanna stay by themselves.

So the true core definition is: Where are you getting your energy from? How do you heal yourself during times of pain?

For example: If you just broke up with your gf/bf and you're feeling sad. An introvert person will find ways within themselves to heal and become happy, whereas an extrovert person will want to talk to other people, start online threads and post all over facebook about how they are hurting and need help.

Either methods are fine! None is better than the other.

So with that definition, i'm an introvert. I've dealt with a lot of shit in my time but i never really tell anyone, i just deal with it and find happiness and i eventually grow and learn.
With that being said: I'm still a peoples person, i love meeting new people. I'm the type of guy that will start a random conversation with a stranger at the doctors office or airport.

Make sense?
      06-09-2015, 08:36 AM   #28
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
No surprise here.

Your Results

Extraverts:

Are quite outgoing
Tend to be talkative
As an extravert, people probably describe you as friendly and outgoing. You love meeting new people and have no problem making new friends."
I don't think attention-whore is one of the options.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 08:39 AM   #29
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I don't think attention-whore is one of the options.
Read #5
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 08:41 AM   #30
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss
The Meyers & Briggs definition states that you are introvert or extrovert based on how/where you process your thoughts and get energy from. It has nothing to do with shyness or out going or being a peoples person.

Please read Here

An introvert person can be very outgoing and love to meet people. Just because you're introvert doesn't mean you are a loner or you have no social life.
Also an extrovert person will have times when they just wanna stay by themselves.

So the true core definition is: Where are you getting your energy from? How do you heal yourself during times of pain?

For example: If you just broke up with your gf/bf and you're feeling sad. An introvert person will find ways within themselves to heal and become happy, whereas an extrovert person will want to talk to other people, start online threads and post all over facebook about how they are hurting and need help.

Either methods are fine! None is better than the other.

So with that definition, i'm an introvert. I've dealt with a lot of shit in my time but i never really tell anyone, i just deal with it and find happiness and i eventually grow and learn.
With that being said: I'm still a peoples person, i love meeting new people. I'm the type of guy that will start a random conversation with a stranger at the doctors office or airport.

Make sense?
Yeah I've read that before. It makes sense. I was just trying to simplify it
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 08:43 AM   #31
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504
No surprise here.

Your Results

Extraverts:

Are quite outgoing
Tend to be talkative
Yup, no surprise.

I'm more surprised that it can be spelled "extrAvert". Never knew it was an acceptable spelling (the original way apparently).
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 08:47 AM   #32
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Yup, no surprise.

I'm more surprised that it can be spelled "extrAvert". Never knew it was an acceptable spelling (the original way apparently).
To me, extro sounds more correct since an extravert is essentially an "out" going person and "extro" means outward. Out of habit I always say "extravert."
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #33
grieverr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32

I'm an extrovert. Although I do make my presence known in social situations, I do not think I'm loud, nor do I seek attention. But I am talkative, make jokes, and whether it's my party or not, I tend to host and try to accommodate people and start conversations. I'm not typically shy. I like to test how quick I can get someone to come out of their shell.

I also get my energy from other people. I do my best thinking/work when I can bounce ideas off of others. I also like to help others grow their ideas, or like to help with their tasks.

When I'm alone, it's hard to motivate myself to do things. Stupid example: I need to wash my car. If I have someone to keep me company, I'll turn on the radio, grab a drink and shoot the shit while I wash the car. If I'm alone, either I won;t do it or I'll just go to the car wash and be done with it.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 10:21 AM   #34
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grieverr View Post
I'm an extrovert. Although I do make my presence known in social situations, I do not think I'm loud, nor do I seek attention. But I am talkative, make jokes, and whether it's my party or not, I tend to host and try to accommodate people and start conversations. I'm not typically shy. I like to test how quick I can get someone to come out of their shell.

I also get my energy from other people. I do my best thinking/work when I can bounce ideas off of others. I also like to help others grow their ideas, or like to help with their tasks.

When I'm alone, it's hard to motivate myself to do things. Stupid example: I need to wash my car. If I have someone to keep me company, I'll turn on the radio, grab a drink and shoot the shit while I wash the car. If I'm alone, either I won;t do it or I'll just go to the car wash and be done with it.
Interesting. I am the exact same way. I guess I am extrovert then.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 10:25 AM   #35
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Divergent

I was expecting Divergent, but got Extrovert.

Quote:
Extrovert
Your brain prefers sensation-seeking so you usually focus on the outer world. According to some studies, you are usually happier than others since you engage in more social events which can boost happiness. Due to your outgoing nature, you have a great potential to be an adventurer.
      06-09-2015, 10:27 AM   #36
bmwmsport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

I was expecting introvert but got extrovert.
      06-09-2015, 10:30 AM   #37
grieverr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
I am using the definition that says extroverts are at their best with other people. Not necessarily that you're a loudmouth "hey look at me" kind of person. And again, for me, that's true.

With that said, I love having "me" time, and I'm not always in the mood for company. I have enjoyed many quiet weekends with no major social interactions (other than a few phone calls or maybe a quick visit to my parents' for lunch). I also enjoy going to the movies and then relaxing at home.

In regards to the comment that bimmette would be assumed an extrovert because of her youtube channel, many people would be surprised to learn that many introverts perform for the public. Like she said, she films mostly by herself. I assume she also edits alone, which gives her more alone time with her craft. I know musicians and actors that are introverts. It's that introvert personality that helps them spend lots of time alone practicing and perfecting their hobby/skill. I don't have that kind of dedication. After a few hours in the studio, I'm the first one saying "anyone wanna go grab a drink?"!
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2015, 10:34 AM   #38
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

based off that test in your link I'm both aka ambivert. So best of both worlds I guess!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 10:41 AM   #39
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Odd, based on this photo explanation.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
I was expecting Divergent, but got Extrovert.
      06-09-2015, 10:54 AM   #40
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grieverr
Quote:
I am using the definition that says extroverts are at their best with other people. Not necessarily that you're a loudmouth "hey look at me" kind of person. And again, for me, that's true.

With that said, I love having "me" time, and I'm not always in the mood for company. I have enjoyed many quiet weekends with no major social interactions (other than a few phone calls or maybe a quick visit to my parents' for lunch). I also enjoy going to the movies and then relaxing at home.

In regards to the comment that bimmette would be assumed an extrovert because of her youtube channel, many people would be surprised to learn that many introverts perform for the public. Like she said, she films mostly by herself. I assume she also edits alone, which gives her more alone time with her craft. I know musicians and actors that are introverts. It's that introvert personality that helps them spend lots of time alone practicing and perfecting their hobby/skill. I don't have that kind of dedication. After a few hours in the studio, I'm the first one saying "anyone wanna go grab a drink?"!
Yup, I love the editing part! It's likely a control thing.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 11:07 AM   #41
carzaddict
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cadillac Escalade ESV

im an extrovert and my wife is an introvert. we clash on this every once in a while when we want to do opposite things (stay in vs go out). however shes doing a great job giving in to going out.

the thing that makes it harder is that I work from home and she doesnt......by the time the weekend comes around, im dying to get out and shes dying to stay in and relax.
      06-09-2015, 11:09 AM   #42
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzaddict
im an extrovert and my wife is an introvert. we clash on this every once in a while when we want to do opposite things (stay in vs go out). however shes doing a great job giving in to going out.

the thing that makes it harder is that I work from home and she doesnt......by the time the weekend comes around, im dying to get out and shes dying to stay in and relax.
Ah yes, that's a tough one.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #43
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

C'mon, introverts VOTE! Let's win this!!! Er, I mean, not that it's a contest or anything haha!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2015, 11:21 AM   #44
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

that quiz says Ambivert but i feel i'm an introvert
Appreciate 0