M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion 2023 M8(EU SPEC) - Exhaust thread

02-27-2024, 08:41 AM   #1
kevush
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 F92

2023 M8(EU SPEC) - Exhaust thread

Hello Fellas,

I'm a new member, but long time lurker, as the title states, I'm looking to get the maximum sound out of my M8. Since it's the LCI it just has so many restrictions that it starts to resemble a dyson hoover.

That being said, has anyone modified one in europe yet? As per my knowledge the LCI has Primary Cat, Secondary Cat, OPF, Third Cat, middle silencer and the valved exhaust at the back. Personally I would love to everything from the Secondary Cats on, altough I don't see any companies selling an exhaust for the LCI yet.(Also I would Love to retain the warranty aswell)
Input is much appreciated.

2023 M8 Competition
Marina bay blue
Elfenbeinweis Merino with carbon buckets
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
M8Bimmer1272.50
TupperBMW994.00
      02-27-2024, 10:52 AM   #2
Justao
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 F91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevush View Post
Hello Fellas,

I'm a new member, but long time lurker, as the title states, I'm looking to get the maximum sound out of my M8. Since it's the LCI it just has so many restrictions that it starts to resemble a dyson hoover.

That being said, has anyone modified one in europe yet? As per my knowledge the LCI has Primary Cat, Secondary Cat, OPF, Third Cat, middle silencer and the valved exhaust at the back. Personally I would love to everything from the Secondary Cats on, altough I don't see any companies selling an exhaust for the LCI yet.(Also I would Love to retain the warranty aswell)
Input is much appreciated.

2023 M8 Competition
Marina bay blue
Elfenbeinweis Merino with carbon buckets
I can only think of few options, just replace the catback.. 2nd option replace secoandries to catless, 3rd option replace secondaries to catless and fit any exhaust you like and buy OPF & MIL Deleter…

In order to void your warranty BMW must prove the exhaust caused the issue… or you can always change cats and exhaust back to stock which is time and money consuming…

I own my M8 since early 2020 (eu spec), tuned the car and went catless since day one… never ever had any issues nor heard BMW saying anything to me when servicing my car… of course it would be a different story if the engine fail, but I’m out of warranty now so not bothered at all… I would say the S63 is very reliable engine, never had an egine related warranty claim through my 3-4years ownership… the only thing was coolant reservoir which BMW changed with new part number, unfortunately it has also failed after a year. The coolant was disappearing after some time and there were white corrosion marks around the tank hence had to replace the reservoir myself again
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 12:38 AM   #3
kevush
Rep

After some thinking I've come to the conclusion that the best option for me is to remove the secondary cats and possibly a full G Power deeptone exhaust. I've done some research and have not found many people using this exhaust. Most people going the akrapovic or Fi exhaust. With this option I will pretty much eliminate the OPF aswell, all in all I was quoted 8000 Euros for the entire exhaust system, secondary downpipe and OPF/MIL deleter including transport to Romania. I have seen several people doing secondary cat delete, and I've been wondering if the turbo spool becomes much more noticeable ( @[Vic55] (contact:70342) maybe you know better as you have several modified M8's. All in all this is the route I want to go, will revert once the deal goes through.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 01:54 AM   #4
Justao
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 F91

Gpower exhausts are way overpriced… I had this deep tone exhaust installed on my car and I think it was 7k euros for a stainless steel exhaust which is ridiculous… also what really bothered me, when in comfort mode and the flaps are closed, they rattle.. you can clearly hear this unpleasant sound when standing next to it… I have sold this exhaust and put the stock exhaust back but replaced the midpipe with no OPF’s and xpipe… I would rather go with Akrapovich, not that much expensive from what you’re already looking to spend! When the time comes I’m pretty sure you can sell Akra within days while I was struggling to sell Gpower for 2k euros for months… just my 0.02 cents
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 03:36 AM   #5
kevush
Rep

Thanks for the insight Justao , whilst looking on Ebay I found an M5 F90 akrapovic titanium catback, question is if it's worth getting for 3.5 and struggling to make it fit on an F92. As I've bought the car with rear damage the rear part of the exhaust needs to be swapped, so why not make the extra step and upgrade?
Appreciate 0